“Improved service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #81 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“Improved service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed many times during last year in this hotel. My earlier review was summary of last year stay at the hotel. I visited it after 6-7 months. There have been lot of changes since:

1. Front desk staff is still stuck at 2/3 guys. Though they are more courteous! The check-in was pretty quick. I was offered a free round of mini bar :)

2. They now offer a express checkout. you drop your keys and hotel emails you the bills etc. It is a nice addition specially when checkout takes more than half and hour (due to long queues).

3. The room that i stayed was big and clean. Hotel has put extra efforts to make sure you have what you want. I even found an umbrella!

Please bear in mind that hotel is still under renovation. You may experience some inconvenience. Although, I had none such experience.

I'm pleased to see positive change in the service of the hotel. I hope my next visit will be even better that this!

3.5/5

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Mr Jisan,

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy that you noticed some changes to our product and services. I presume you had stayed in our Club room where we had recently placed an umbrella. We felt it would come in handy for our Club guests, on a rainy day.

You were entitled a free round of mini bar from a promotional Corporate rate. It is a value-add given to some of our Corporate rates and we are glad you found it beneficial.

Do check out pictures of our newly renovated rooms, The Premier Room at our StayVillage website. Perhaps your company could book you a Premier Room the next time you stay at LVH.

When it comes to service, our team strives to put their best foot forward and we thank you for your encouragement. We look forward to welcoming you back to LVH.

Landmark Village Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I am a frequent traveller to Singapore for business and have stayed in various hotels here. For Singapore ever escalation of hotel room rates, I must say I am happy with what I pay for so far for this hotel. Most importantly is the rooms which are very clean and spacious, bathroom is clean (I am very particular about) and like the executive lounge for a brief getaway. It may be an old hotel, but the rooms are much better than what you see from the impression of the facet (exterior) of the hotel. Unless it is going to be a major renovation, I would say this hotel is still considered well maintained... Not excellent though. I must comment that there has been a tremendous improvement in staff attitude and friendliness. I am seeing many new faces and more friendly staffs, big improvement in the service turnaround time at the reception. Used to be take ages. I must comment highly on Mr.Andrew Tan of taking our feedback seriously. Tried the newly renovated room recently, but not too much of an impact to me as the older rooms I stayed in was well maintained enough.. Let's put it as, I would not be keen to pay a further price hike for the new rooms. Overall, I am happy and will keep coming back as long as the price is not overly charged!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Mr Sum,

We appreciate you taking the time to pen down your thoughts and feedback.

It is heartening to hear that you find LVH good value for money. While the hotel façade may not be new, our Housekeeping team strives to keep our rooms clean and in good condition. Our spacious room is also an advantage in land-scarce Singapore.

We have conveyed your appreciation to Andrew and our frontline team, for keeping their cheery aptitude and professionalism. I know our front office team is trying their very best to minimize the waiting time at the reception counter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Executive Club Rooms in the near future.

kl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

The location of the hotel is great and the room is quite comfortable. Unfortunately, there are some maintenances problems. The lift seem like a traditional type, it doesn't have sensor and it's quite dangerous. We could not hold the lift for more than a second from outside because we can't even press the button. We saw a man trying to go inside the lift but failed due to the lift don't have the sensor. I also feel that the lobby seem a bit messy. The staffs seem unfriendly, I hardly see them smile,maybe not even once.
I booked from agoda website,when I reached the hotel, the staff tell me the room does not include wifi and breakfast. I'm kind of shock,wifi normally foc even in budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
YMChew, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Yeong,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad that you also liked our hotel location and our room.

I’ve asked our Engineers and Hitachi to take a look at the lift functionality. The current lift type does not allow one to hold the lift when the button at the lift landing is pressed. The lift can only be held when the “open” button inside the lift is pressed.

With regards to our Front Office staff, we will remind them of their appearance and outlook, regardless if the hotel is busy.

Depending on your package from Agoda, the room rate may or may not come with free Internet and breakfast. Some rates distributed by Agoda consists of room only. However, we do have rates which are inclusive of breakfast or free Internet. Perhaps you may like to check our StayVillage website. We are currently running an offer for our newly renovated Premier rooms which is inclusive of breakfast and free Internet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Landmark Village Hotel.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

The staff are really helpful and go outof thier way to help. Fast and efficient checkout. Executive rooms which we stayed in were good and the beds were comfortable - pillows could be softer (I like soft pillows). I would always use the Landmark Village.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our frontline staff appreciate your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to Landmark Village Hotel.

Do check out our StayVillage websiste for future offers and happenings.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

It's good that the hotel owners have realised that need to renovate and hence the ongoing work on some of the floors.
The hotel does not seem to have a lobby or a good place to sit, after coming to the hotel from the airport. On entering, one takes the escalator straight to the 3rd floor for the check-in. We were a part of Thomas Cook - India's SE Asia tour and had no problems in check-in except that waited near the pool area on 5th floor for 45 min. Acceptable because of the ambiance and the pleasant weather. The rooms are okay and of course they need renovation. The carpets are old and the bathroom fittings too seem old. In fact they need to go in for bigger bathrooms.
The food in the restaurant on the 5th floor is good and we enjoyed it. For breakfast, many a times we had to see empty serving bowls and these were filled up on reminding the staff. Perhaps, they are under-staffed and the people on duty were always running around.
This hotel has seen better days and i am sure after renovation will regain it's lost glory.
I will defintely come back and stay here.

Room Tip: One side is the pool view and the other side gives a view of a mosque.