Dear Frineds ,
I have stayed at this hotel from 22nd January 2012 till 27th January 2012 .
This is very funny hotel with respect to a nornal common traveller , as well as to a high-end traveller who is looking for class & perfection .
I will summarise my funniest experiance which i have got in this hotel :-
1. Like many other guys , my day start with reading newspaper with a cup of tea . But i could not get any newspaper from hotel . When i enquired on the first day , i got very stupid response from room service as " They provide news paper only to the guests who book their rooms dirctly with them . Since i had booked my room through travel agent , i was not supposed to get any news paper " . Further , they advised me to purchase the newspaper from 7/11 shop which is across the road . The lady at reception also duly informed me that the newspaper costs only 90 cents , so i should purchase one , if i am not able to survive without it , and she hanged up the phone afterwards . Needless to say , i purchased the newspaper everyday afterwards.
2. This is probably the only hotel in the world where the calls to reception , room service , and even calls to duty manager's number gets un-answered . Believe me , they simply do not pick up the phone at all to listen to the customer !! ......What an attitude in hospitality industry !
3. There is no free internet connection provided to the guests .
4. There are four lifts in the hotel , but they are not synchronised . So at times when you push the call button , all four lifts will come to your floor simultenously , and at times , none will come at all . If you have to attend some event or tour package , pls add minimum 20 minutes in your waiting time , for the lift see-saw game .
5. There is a indian restaurent at 5th floor & a chinese restaurent at 3rd floor , but none of them are attached with the hotel . So , if you order anything for room service ( And if you are lucky enough that your phone call is answered ) , than you have to pay additiponal charges .
6. The Breakfast & lunch menu is same everyday . Either there is no intensional veriation by management , or their sheff simply doesn't know how to cook other things .
7. The rooms and interior decorations are pathetic . And the attached bathroom is too small. The carpet gives the feeling of the era of 1700 B.C. , when carpets were first invented !
8. People at reception behave as if they are giving alms to customer . No Smile , No Sorry , No Thanx kind of at all . Very uncultured staff , i must say !!
Few Good Things :-
1. Despite all issues , quality & taste of food was good in both restaruents .
2. Hotel is centrally located
3. Mr. Ravi , who is the owner of 7/11 Shop across the rood is very nice & helpful man . He is unknowlingly helping this pathetic hotel , by helping the customers who manage to reach him .
All the points mentioned above are based on my very recent personal experiance . If there is any clarification required , pls feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanx & Best Regards
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore