I have stayed at the Royal Plaza three times now, once for a holiday last year and twice for business this month. The rooms are lovely, spacious and really well appointed. The free mini-bar along with the coffee machine are a nice touch. The beds are very comfortable and you have a choice of three types of pillows.
The bathroom is spacious (with or without a bath) and the rainfall showerheads are wonderful. The hotel-provided shampoos etc are very nice - in fact I think their soap is the nicest of anywhere I have stayed previously.
The staff are excellent - from the porters at the entry through to the service staff on each floor they are always exceptionally polite and helpful. I was particularly impressed with the check-in staff on my most recent visit (which has prompted me to write this review). I'd had a particularly tough working day when I arrived for check-in and was upgraded to a room with a bath so I could relax. A very astute and kind recognition of a guest's needs that I was very grateful for.
The fact that the hotel is non-smoking only adds to it's appeal for me. No nasty surprise smells on your floor from inconsiderate smokers and no wafting great cloud as you enter the lobby.
The breakfast was very nice but is quite pricey (although I was offered a deal they had for that month). Make sure you get there well before it ends (10am) otherwise some items have already been taken away in preparation for the next meal service (which is fair enough). Room service provided a nice meal (again, quite expensive) that was delivered promptly and cooked to my requirements.
The location can't be faulted for those who want to indulge in some Orchard Road retail therapy. The underpasses and footbridges nearby make it very easy to get around, as does the proximity to the MRT.
I highly recommend this as a fantastic place to stay in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore