“Perfect hotel for this first time visitor”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #46 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect hotel for this first time visitor”
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

Room Great. Loved th coffee machine and th buffet breakfast. The pool was just average. Location is perfect for shopping etc. For cheaper prices and great food go to Chinatown or Far East Plaza. "the queue is the clue "

Stayed March 2012
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear jacnmok

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your time to share with us how you loved the Nespresso Coffee machine and the buffet breakfast.

I am sure your clue on getting the best deals and delectable delights will be beneficial for future travelers!

Patrick Fiat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed 9 April 2012

In my travels, this is the first hotel that offered me a real upgrade to its Club Deluxe Room. Earlier I had indicated that we would be celebrating both my husband's birthday and anniversary at the same time, and we were surprised with a lovely (and the most delicious) orange cake in our room. I cannot stop singing praises about this hotel... everything was lovely, from the service to the staff, to the ambience and the rooms, and the cleanliness and the surroundings, everything was really 5 star. I had such a good experience that I am now using L'occitane shower products at home to remind me of the good time I had at the hotel. Although it is a really luxurious and pricey for my husband and me, we would definitely be saving up again to have another rendezvous at this hotel :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Azranan,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. We, at Royal Plaza on Scotts, understand that every moment should be a celebration. Thus, we try our best to create a memorable and meaningful occasion, filled with surprises.

Thank you for your compliments for our staff. I look forward to having you back to celebrate again with us!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We were upgraded, so the room was very nice. The room was immaculate, bathroom spacious and quiet. A perfect 1 day stop-over on our way to Bali.

The location is good as it is close to shopping.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear donjoz,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know you appreciated the upgrade and found the room in great condition. Having a nice place to relax with convenient access to the shopping havens is the best way to enjoy your holiday. I am happy to provide that for you.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Bali and see you again at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Wellington
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Good hotel that is in a central location - rooms are fine but bathroom was tight. Staff helpful and friendly would recommend this hotel . The pool is great and breakfast is varied and of a high quality.

Room Tip: Dont expect a view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear alicia18,

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Your compliments for our staff are deeply appreciated. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and your time at the pool area. Having a spacious bathroom would definitely be a plus. However, I hope the service very well compensated for the shortfall on the bathroom. All feedback from our guests are valued greatly by us. I will definitely take your feedback into consideration for our future plans.

I look forward to having you back at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Royal Plaza on Scotts is in the heart of the high end shopping and close to the light rail. It's also a short taxi ride to the Botanical Gardens which are spectacular. We booked a Club Deluxe room which is on a floor with it's own private lounge. The afternoon drinks and appetizers were included in the price and were fantastic. We really didn't need dinner. Breakfas was included as well and was great. Service was over the top - superb!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "view". Our "view look out over a parking garage to some high...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Crafty_Traveler

It is definitely a joy to be reading your review. I am pleasantly delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Having a great location is what we are always thankful for. I appreciate your compliments for our exclusive Royal Club Lounge. Some afternoon drinks and appetizers to perk you up in the middle of the day completes a well-deserved vacation.

I am glad our service was superbly over the top! I am already looking forward to see you again.