28 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$412
Shangri-La.com$408
Priceline$412
Hotels.com$412
Tripadvisor$412
Etrip$538
7,208 results
All reviews garden wing horizon club summit room waterfall restaurant orchard road shang palace lobby lounge pool view our honeymoon botanical gardens high tea fabulous hotel deluxe room long flight late check buds canapes
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2022 via mobile

Decided to take mom for high tea and of course, we thought of shangri-la.

We do miss how rose verandah used to be. :(

Here's the thing, I was recently discharged hence I am using a walking stick as I had undergone an operation.

This is when I met the empathetic, friendly, and effervescent KUMAR. He not only helped my mom who happens to use a walking stick but after settling her, KUMAR also waited to help me safely to the lobby lounge.

KUMAR is the epitome of first class service and waves the Shangri-La flag proudly as this is exactly what one expects from a hotel chain that prides themselves on excellent customer experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments! We are glad to learn that your overall visit with us was an enjoyable one and I am glad that our team member, Kumar has played a part in making your experience with us a pleasant and memorable one.

We sincerely look forward to the opportunity to delight you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2022

I’ve stayed at the Shangri-La in Pairs and had a great experience so I was expecting similar (as far as room quality) in Singapore but it’s wasn’t the case. First, the location is about a 15 min walk to orchard shopping / dining area which is a wonderful place to visit so location is ok but not the best since it’s still a 15 min walk in the humidity (there are hotels right on orchard which looked really nice). The rooms are large and spacious but definitely looked old and outdated. It was built in the 70’s and no major renovations have been done and it definitely shows. OUR ROOM HAD A LEAK FROM THE CEILING the entire time- our room felt / smelled musty. Little details of the hotel were dirty, like the swimming pool valet and many other areas. The food was good at their main restaurant, Line. We had breakfast there every morning outside on the patio but the worries chased away the birds by SPRAYING A CHEMICAL ON THE BIRDS to shoo them away which I imagine burns their eyes and I think is cruel. This hotel is very run down, is fake luxury - you’d be better off at a more economical hotel that’s newer/cleaner. I tried adding videos of the leak from the ceiling but aren’t able to upload videos so I’m trying to show screenshots but it’s difficult to capture the water drops from the ceiling.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2022

Dear Susie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

The safety and well-being of our guests are of utmost priority. Given the increase in bird population in the hotel, the management has decided to relocated the birds to another location in a safe and humane manner. A registered bird proofing company in Singapore has been engaged to do so professionally and please be assured that the company has taken steps to ensure the birds are released safely in another part of the island.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share this review.

Reviewed 24 November 2022

This a lush forest inside of a hotel in Singapore. My family really enjoyed the pool, the Line restaurant, and our room with a backyard! Comfortable, clean, and beautiful. Service was prompt and friendly. A great choice for families. The pool was especially wonderful.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are great because you can see how busy it is.
Date of stay: July 2022
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2022

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Singapore as the preferred hotel for your stay with your family and sharing the pleasant experience through a detailed review.

I am delighted to know that you specifically enjoyed the service in various touchpoints, such as the family facilities, well-appointed guestroom and signature Asian hospitality from the team. Thank you for your stamp of approval and recognition.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our property and creating many more wonderful memories.

Reviewed 20 November 2022 via mobile

We come every Sunday afternoon and we love have lunch in the lobby and the reason we come so often is due to people like Wendy Wan. She is incredible hardworking, friendly and attentive and extremely kind and professional., we know her for many many years and she keeps the great reputation of Shangri la
I would also like to mention Summer, Ella and Joycelyn, wonderful lovely ladies, hard working all making our Sundays memorable. thank you (AnaMaria)

Trip type: Travelled with family
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments! We are glad to learn that your overall experience with us was an enjoyable one and I am glad that our team members, Wendy, Summer, Ella and Joycelyn have played a part in making your experience with us a pleasant and memorable one.

Reviewed 19 November 2022 via mobile

This is a great hotel for families. My daughter is 8 yo and loved it. She had such a wonderful time on the treasure hunt and at the pool and water park. It was also a very nice and comfortable hotel for us - the parents. They seem to have found a good balance between between catering for adults and children. The only place this balance seemed to be missing was breakfast where we were consistently seated in an area full of babies and toddlers which made breakfast a loud and stressful experience. The food at breakfast was great however with an amazing amount of choices.

This will be our go to hotel in Singapore

1  Thank sak_amk

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you specifically enjoyed the service in various touchpoints, such as family facilities and culinary offerings available. Thank you for your stamp of approval and recognition.