9 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.com
US$ 208
US$ 223
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$ 268
US$ 198
SAVE US$ 70
eDreamsUS$ 198
Hotels.comUS$ 223
getaroom.comUS$ 268
6,806 results
All reviews garden wing horizon club summit room waterfall restaurant orchard road shang palace lobby lounge pool view our honeymoon high tea botanical gardens wonderful hotel deluxe room long flight late check buds canapes
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2021

The staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave a nice surprise decoration for my husband's bday celebration. My kids enjoyed their stay there. We brought my kids to Buds and they had a great time. I appreciate their staff Mika, who pleasantly checked on us. As for dining, we were approached by Nicholas who was kind enough to let my son take his cereal with him, as he was busy running around. Overall, i love the services, the clean and safe environment. I Would recommend a stay at shangri-la.

Room tip: Garden wing has a nice balcony and view. I would recommend the pool view instead of the City View.
2  Thank jmapaul
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear jmapaul,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you've enjoyed our signature Asian hospitality during your recent experience with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.

I am delighted to hear that you have had a great staycation with us with your family. Indeed, we pride ourselves on our family experiences and I hope your little ones have had the chance to experience our play spaces during your stay. Our staff prides themselves to go the extra mile to all our guests and I'm glad to hear that you have been well taken care of. Your kind compliments to our team will definitely motivate them to continue delivering exceptional guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon for yet another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Had an enjoyable staycation at Valley Wing, Shangri-La Singapore.

The room is gorgeous but somehow relaxing and very comfortable.
Also the lobby lounge is luxurious and the service was stunning. They offer wide selection of drink menu, including champagne, cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages.
We really enjoyed our stay there.

Though the hotel is in the city, inside of the property is a totally different feel. Lots of green and pool is huge...just like an oasis in the city.

Thanks for all the staff who is very attentive and friendly, especially Aishah, front office team member at Valley Wing, who shared interesting story about the hotel and area.

Will look forward to go back there soon!

3  Thank TimLimz

Dear TimLimz

I am delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable staycation with us and experienced our signature Asian hospitality during your stay. We pride ourselves as a sanctuary in the city and I'm glad you've enjoyed this tranquil atmosphere and lush gardens. I'm also glad to know you have enjoyed the Lobby Lounge during your time with us.

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Our 1st staycation since the C-virus reached the shores of S'pore, in 23 Jan. 2020.

Now I understand why this hotel is a hot favorite with locals and tourists.

The exceptional level of customer service was experienced when I stepped into the lobby.

Mr Ono noticed me standing in queue and offered his assistance. He explained why it seemed crowded, how long the wait might be and suggested we wait in the nearby lounge.

I was grateful that although all the parking lots beside the building were occupied, he moved aside a signboard and guided me as I reversed my car into the space he created.

Ms Noara put a smile on my kids' faces when she offered 2 squirrels (soft toys). Realizing that I would like a new view from the room-window, she reserved a room on a high floor, with a great view.

The hotel room and bathroom were very spacious and room attendant Yan Hong, made sure it was in pristine condition.

We appreciate the extra amenities - kids' toiletries, bathrobe, slippers. We used the 'clean' gift pack of face masks and hand sanitizer.

It was a pleasant surprise to see a wifi-enabled color printer with good quality paper, under the spacious desk.

The good size swimming pool was clean and surrounded by tress. It was patrolled by very focused lifeguards. One of the lifeguards apologized for asking guests to leave the pool because of the risk of lightning. Another, advised my kid to wear the life vest, because he swam alone and the deepest end of the pool was 2.5 m. I noticed the pool manager Ah Chye, wrap a towel around a girl who was left unattended and shivering, beside the pool.

Lunch at The Origin Grill was pleasant. Besides the delicious and well-prepared dishes, the restaurant manager was very courteous, suggested the type of dessert and checked on us a few times.

We spent quite some time dining at the lobby lounge and Summit room. All the staff at the lobby, lounge and Summit room were very hospitable and made us feel at ease. When one of the chefs noticed me peering into the kitchen, he offered his assistance, to order drinks.

We found ourselves taking a slower pace; walking, speaking slowly and soaked in the sights and sounds. We teased the friendly birds which gathered around our table (outdoor), took a stroll around the large garden and admired the many Orchids on display.

Dinning in the Valley Wing was a lux indulgence which included silverware, Foie Gras, Caviar, Gold and Silver leaves.

Burned off the calories in the sprawling, most well-equipped gym I have ever stepped foot in. It carried all my favorite exercise equipment and 40 kg dumb bells ! Shangri-la even considered the temperature of the bottled, oxygenated water in the fridge. The water was cool, but too cold, which is appropriate for gym-patrons.

Mr Jega Nathan's wine-recommendation was suited our tastes perfectly. He made our day with the little "extras" he threw in. For example, on hearing that we liked spinach and he offered extra spinach with the dish we ordered. My kids requested for nuts and he added chips and popcorn, which they also loved. We shared that we were reluctant to check out and he offered us high tea, so we had a good "excuse" to spend several more, lingering minutes in Shangri-la.

Mr Jimmy Xu went out of his way to organize the staycation package which was truly memorable. My kids will cherish the Shangri-la moments and requested that we return more often, soon

Room tip: I like to have a room with a view of the swimming pool + garden
2  Thank WinstonTeo

Dear WinstonTeo

Thank you so for taking the time to write your this detailed review. I'm glad you've enjoyed our signature Asian hospitality during your recent stay with us at the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.

I am truly delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable staycation at the Valley Wing. We have a range of family experiences here and I'm glad your little ones were able to enjoy our amenities, as well as the warm hospitality during your stay with us.

Our staff prides themselves to go the extra mile to all our guests and I'm glad to hear that you have been well taken care of by our associates here at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore. Your kind compliments to our team will definitely motivate them to continue delivering exceptional guest experiences.

Reviewed 19 January 2021

We stayed at the Valley Wing at Shangri-La over New Years and it was an amazing experience! The stay was very luxurious - the staff take note of your smallest preferences and ensure you have a pleasant stay. The room itself was huge and very comfortable. They included Mustela kids amenities for my son and even gave him a stuffed toy (squirrel) upon arrival - he loved the treatment!
The splash zone is particularly fun for all - we went there every day during our stay. Our son also loves buds and we were pleased they had a drop-off option for 4 and above - it gave us some downtime as well :)
And yes, we need to book time-slots for the splash zone and buds (the link is provided on arrival), but this was really easy and we always got the timings we wanted.
I also loved the beautiful gardens at Shangri-La - the Orchid is a beautiful addition to their landscape!
We can't wait to return again!

Room tip: Valley wing for the win!
1  Thank Neha407
SLS Team, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Dear Fifah A,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you've enjoyed our signature Asian hospitality during your recent staycation with us at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.

I am delighted to hear that your stay very well and that you've enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us at the hotel, especially our all encompassing family experiences at buds and Splash Zone. We are also heartened to hear that you've had the best staycation at our hotel and this wonderful compliment to our team will definitely motivate them to continue delivering exceptional guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon, for yet another wonderful experience in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

Was looking to this stay as we are celebrating a special occasion with a stay at the Valley Wing.

There were so many things to look forward to but to our disappointment.

1. Attention to Guest at the Champagne/Lobby Lounge

There aren’t many guests around but it is so difficult to get the attention of the wait staff on several occasions.

2. Attention to Guest at the Patio

We were relaxing at the Cabana located just at the Patio section and ordered drinks with the wait staff. After waiting for an hour, seeing them serving the Cabana beside us and not us, we were baffled and re-ordered. However, the drinks still did not reach us and we just left.

3. Food Delivery to the Room

We ordered some takeout and the hotel reception called us to come to collect the food instead of sending up. We understand it may be due to the governmental/hotel policy so we didn’t think too much.

10 minutes after I collected the food, there was a knock on my door and to my surprise, the hotel staff was sending a takeout food to my room, though it was a wrong room number. That left one thinking why there are service differences.

4. Rooms Allocated

The hotel was well aware that we are celebrating a special occasion, yet they assigned us to a room with a toddler. We were awoken several times in the night due to the relentless crying of the toddler. That destroyed our rest and we were just annoyed. Understand the Valley Wing maybe going through a full-capacity situation but I’m sure they would have known to reshuffle guest knowing off the “situation”.

5. Final Drinks at the Champagne Lounge

As we did not get to have our cake last night, we decided to have one at the Champagne Lounge before check out.

Understand it maybe the hotel policy to stop serving checking out guest but the delivery of the messages could be nicer instead of; I quote “This drinks will be complimentary and you have to pay for the next one that you order”.

We don’t think the wait staff was meant to be rude but delivery does matter. It might be due to a sudden surge of guest but again, we expect a decent service standard at this hotel, especially the Valley Wing given the high praises/recommendation of many.

6. Service at Check Out

Not sure if I’m overthinking but usually at check out, the reception staff will enquire on your stay and experience. However, none of this happened and they just proceed to process the check out. They didn’t even offer complimentary car park slip and forgot all about it.

Had to go back to the counter to ask again before leaving the hotel.

All in all, having stayed at many hotels in the world (with or without status the chain), I find that my experience here is definitely the worst and this is not what I expect from
Shang. I certainly would not come back here as the level of service is certainly appalling.

The hotel management should definitely review their service standard or they might have more of such reviews in the making.

Just my two cents.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dapper_traveller

Dear dapper_traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I'm extremely sorry to learn of your less-than-satisfactory stay experience at our hotel and it is certainly not the kind of impression we would like you to leave us with. We have taken note of your comments regarding our services lapses and we will relay it on to the relevant departments for their further improvement. This is not the Shangri-La standard that we are proud of and we would be happy to follow up with you on your feedback and stay experiences. Please do not hesitate to reach us at slscommunications@shangri-la.com for us to take this conversation further.

Once again we apologise for the experience and hope to welcome you back again for a renewed experience again at the hotel.