“Renovated”

Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
Ranked #10 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Just spent two nights at the renovated Shangri La Hotel Singapore. Receives aan upgrade when checking in. What a difference. The room was completely up to date. As always a nice stay. Beautiful view from the 24th floor. Also the Horizon Club received aan upgrade.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
SLSGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Dries526,

Welcome back to Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore and thank you for taking the time to share this positive review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with our newly renovated Tower Wing and had a great stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

A most wonderful place to stay at. Definitely would stay there again. Service was excellent and hotel was very clean. It is walking distance from the centre. Although I didn’t swim but swimming pool looked amazing. They seemed to do water aerobics in the morning for who ever wanted to join in. There were restaurants and coffee shops in the hotel to suit individual needs. Truly loved the place .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear 129natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay with us, and appreciate your compliments about your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Shangri La had never failed me in all the countries that I had stayed with them but this was totally disappointing!

I was celebrating my wedding anniversary and my wife birthday yesterday at Chi Spa. We had a 1.5 hour massage which I partially paid via my Golden Circle points. After paying the final bill at Chi, I requested for a complimentary car park coupon which I was given one by the Spa counter.

Then when we were exiting the car park, the complimentary ticket machine read my coupon as expired. I took a closer look and it was indeed expired 2 days ago. Hence i parked my car and headed to the concierge at the lobby instead of going all the way down to the Chi Spa which was 2 floors down

However, I was totally shocked by Mr Rajagopal Rajkumar (Chef Concierge) who refused to exchange my complimentary car park coupon. He stated that the Shang and Chi Spa were different. I was surprised and had no choice to head down to the Spa.

The Spa counter lady was so sorry about giving me the expired coupon but was surprised that the concierge refused to exchange as Chi Spa belongs to the Shangri La.

After taking my coupon from the Spa, I went back up to ask Mr Rajagopal Rajkumar why did he refuse to exchange. He was not apologetic and stated that the Spa coupon was for 3 hours of complementary car park but the Concierge was for full day. Hence he could not exchange. I mentioned that I did not even spent 3 hours in the Hotel, what's the difference between the complementary coupon issued by the Spa or the Concierge? And he did not even ask if I was in Hotel for more than 3 hours. I was so angry that I asked for his name and he gave me his card. Again... not a single "Sorry" was mentioned.

If I was not in a rush for my lunch appointment, I would had called for the GM or Front Desk Manager to sort this out. Totally disappointed with Mr Rajagopal Rajkumar, the Concierge and Shangri La. I hope that this type of lousy customer service can be sorted out!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yzlimteng

Dear yzlimteng,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback which is essential in our efforts to further improve our service standards and guest experiences. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered at our hotel.

We have spoken directly with Mr Rajkumar regarding the incident, and his demeanor to which he acknowledged could have been handled much better. We have also retrained the Concierge team on the response in such instances and the process of issuing coupons accordingly, as we represent the overall hotel no matter where a guest has patronised.

Your kind feedback is much appreciated and will help us improve hotel experiences for all our valued guests. We hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to regain your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I don't like the scent of the lotion, shampoo and conditioner. I remember the room I stayed is average, small and dim. The highlight is the bar on top floor of the hotel. The hotel is located in a residential area and there's no shops around the hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
SLSGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Regqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback which is essential in our efforts to further improve our service standards and guest experiences. While you appreciate your compliments about our Horizon Club lounge during your stay, we were sorry to learn of your feedback on our bathroom amenities and room. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our team who continually strive to create seamless and positive experiences for our guests. We hope that we will have chance to welcome you back again and recover your impression of the hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We opted to stay at the Shangri-La Singapore for a few days at the end of a cruise.The hotel was just the haven we needed after a hectic trip. Attentive, helpful staff, great places to eat, together with beautifully landscaped gardens made for a memorable experience. A shuttle bus operates between the hotel and the shopping venues in Orchard Road, although it is an easy walk if you prefer. A truly stunning location.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
SLSGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear notebookandcamera,

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay with us, and appreciate your compliments about the landscape, our culinary options and helpful associates. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.