2,263 results
All reviews orchard road jiang nan chun ion mall chinese restaurant luxury hotel executive suite room service rooftop pool wonderful hotel rooms are spacious business trip buffet breakfast mrt station fs concierge ninety shopping
Reviewed 30 July 2012

On a business trip to Singapore and staying in the Four Seasons. I have not stayed here before but since this is an upper end brand in the US i thought i would give it a try. The hotel from the outside looks about middle aged, not old and not brand new. The inside is very fancy and well appointed. Check in went well and the folks working had smiles on their faces and wanted to help. The room is very nice and well appointed and clean. Same with the bathroom, very nice. Has iron/board in the room. Now this will be new for me but i have to complain about the bed. Normally my TA inputs complain about the beds being too stiff but at Four Seasons the bed is too soft! I didn't think there was such a thing but my back is sore because there is no support....like sleeping on a pile of cotton! The restaurants look nice, i have only eatin at the one with the breakfast buffet. Was good but a bit pricey. Just down the hill is the other Orchard street with more shopping than you will ever need. Upper end (LV, Cartier, etc.) on down. You could shop for a week on this street, lots of restaurants as well.

All in all, a very nice place and i would stay here again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank scottel
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I enjoyed a very comfortable stay at the Four Seasons Singapore. It is ideally located and has all the amenities one would expect from them. I was productive and content - a very good stay.

As usual, the staff was excellent with one exception: the lounge staff were not pleasant or helpful. Strangely enough I found them rude and it was hard to get service. It was not unusually busy, either.

Two little nits around temperature of things: (1) the thermometers wont go below 20 degrees. That's fine for during the day, but I like to sleep at 18. When I asked to have it adjusted they said this was not possible. It was their policy not to go below 20. I realize we need to save energy (it's SE Asia afterall), but here at the Four Seasons - with Four Seasons prices - you would think this request could be accommodated. The Park Hyatt in Seoul does. The Shangri-La in Manila does. The Ritz Carleton in Singapore does. Why not the Four Seasons?

(2) The men's locker room sauna and steam room were never hot enough. I was told they could not be changed. Both felt luke warm, not hot.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Made my 4 year olds feel so welcome. The doorman and concierge were great and created a perfect stay. Only letdown was housekeeping but they were quick to react and amend.

The congee from room service was the best I have had.
For what is generally a business hotel that I have stayed at many times, they managed my family holiday needs beutifully.

Location is very convenient for Orchard Rd.

1  Thank Ioveit
Reviewed 25 July 2012

It was a great first time staying at a Four Seasons Hotel, one that will ensure a return stay at other hotels worldwide. We had exceptional service from when we checked it to when we checked out (from concierge to lobby staff).

The old-school french doors to the marble bathrooms were a real surprise, one I haven't seen anywhere else before. And the use of L'Occitane products was also another plus point. The room's interior consisting of big windows which allow for plenty of natural bright light and an amazingly comfortable plush bed.

Another nod to this hotel would be its location. Given that it's off the main road i.e. Orchard Road, it's quieter and less hectic but still within easy walking distance. The shady trees around the hotel make the walk (night or day) a pleasant one.

Possible area of improvement: lighting in the coffeehouse/breakfast area. It was dimly lit, especially during breakfast. The swimming pool might need a little sprucing up.

Other than that, top quality with exceptional service which puts it out ahead of other hotels!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at the Four Seasons. Service is excellent, and it's a discreet oasis of clam in a hectic city. Walking into the pretty lobby is a pleasure, the dorman and concierge are unfailingly helpful and the scent of jasmine and green tea is heavenly. The interiors are classical - perhaps slightly dated - but somehow hospitable as a result. We booked a deluxe suite to stay in with our son - and found it to be much smaller than the photos indicated. The single beds really were single beds! So the next day, with Zoltan's kind assistance, we paid to upgrade to a one bedroom suite which was far more spacious and pleasant. The restaurants provided lovely food - but were a bit dark for my liking. Some more natural light over breakfast would be better. Overaly though, a lovely hotel which we will stay in again.

Room tip: The deluxe rooms are small - choose a suite if you want some space, light and a good view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family