“Unpleasant stayed!!!”

M Hotel Singapore
Ranked #79 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
“Unpleasant stayed!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Was booking one double room for my parents and niece for 1 night stay. Booking clearly indicated 2 adults and 1 child. To be fair to putting only negative comments, there were still some plus points for M hotel.

Positive:
1. Room cleanliness was good
2. Staff was polite and try to be helpful
3. Complimentary parking

Negative:
1. Check-in slow. Room booked for 2 adults 1 child, unfortunately upon check in, staff has told that there wasn't extra bed provided for the kid and usually what they have was giving a free baby cot for a kid ( wondering if primary school kids can sleep in a baby cot) however out of goodwill, the staff agreed to give a "complimentary" bed to the kid. Thought everything has settled and my parents can finally take a rest after a long journey drive. But an unexpected situation occurred whereby housekeeping informed that the superior room cant fitted extra bed (quite a shocked as i thought usually 2* or 3* hotels would have smaller space and the staff didn't even know superior room has insufficient space for extra bed) because of this, we had been dragging for another 15mins and finally have gotten upgrade to deluxe room to fit the extra bed. I appreacite the effort made by the staff that trying his best in helping to settle the issue but it would be great if he has basic understanding on the rooms before provide solution to the guest to avoid unneccesary waiting times.
2. Another unpleasant incident happened was the "complimentary" breakfast. I was booked for double room which inclusive of breakfast, however the "complimentary" only gather for 1 pax. Upon check in, the staff even told the room was inclusive of breakfast and also giving breakfast time without asking. This was good but he never said there was only 1 breakfast. I am doubt for his professionalism.

Well, it's second time dissapointment from the hotel, it was a little pissed off with all the arrangements and its not worth to go for another round to check on the breakfast. I booked the room with M hotel for my parents because the reviews was good, they were here as guests to enjoy the stay not here to ask for anything. My parents asked for immediate checked out after all the unpleasant incidents at about 9am in the morning.

This will definitely the first and the last time with M hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Vhotelguest
MHotelSing, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Vhotelguest

Thank you for taking your time off and providing us your invaluable feedback. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment during your parents' recent stay. Please be assured that I will personally look into areas of your concerns for improvements where appropriate. I hope that you will give us a chance in future to restore your faith in us.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The check-in process was great, nice and helpful staff, a nice first impression of the hotel initially. However, I asked if they can provide my breakfast in the room instead since I have a 7am flight the next day and their breakfast does not start before 6:30am. The check-in staff was quite nice and agreed to help and I was quite impressed with that.

However, this turned into a nightmare later. There are few calls made to me , saying they cannot offer in-room dining, and I had to talk to several people so that they eventually agreed to offer me continental breakfast as take away. And you know what did I get in the end, a paper box with an apple and 2 breads. And the breads were microwaved such that they are so hard that no one can eat them.

Frankly, this is a very disappointing experience. I probably wouldn't feel as bad if my request was rejected from the beginning. I was actually quite impressed when they agreed to help initially. But later on, when they changed their mind, then bargaining with you over a breakfast, and with the breakfast they delivered to end my stay with them. This is a terrible experience, and ruined my entire stay with them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear dtai010,

I am sorry to learn that the fulfillment of your breakfast request fell short of your expectations. While we constantly strive to provide and exceed high standards of service, this is a lapse that we certainly could improve on. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we hope to be given the chance in future to restore your faith in us.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel as all the other business hotels in the area were booked up. It really does not compare to the Ritz, Mandarin or Four Seasons for service or quality. The room is good enough with a decent size desk. Main gripe is the massive construction site next door where they are building serviced apartments - took four calls to the front desk to get the room changed. After speaking with the duty manager he was apologetic and obliged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AGlining
Dear AGlining,

Please be assured that I have taken note of your cause of concern. We are in close contact with the neighbouring site manager to ease any inconveniences to our guests that may arise. Thank you for your stay with us and for this invaluable feedback. We love to welcome you back and hope to be your choice hotel for your future visits to Singapore.
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel from the advice of a work colleague, I was in Singapore for a few days working, my company made a complete disaster of the whole booking and even after arriving at Singapore airport I still did not know if I had been booked into this hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel a reservation had been made, but only at the last minute, and my company had failed to book i.e internet, large bed, breakfast etc. The reception staff were great & gave me everything I requested. Looking on the internet they seem to have some good deals with breakfast

The room was spacious with a good size desk to work from. Also a comfy chair to sit on whilst watching TV instead of laying on the bed. The internet was fast & no connection problems. The only problem I have with internet is the insistence of hotels that residents pay for the service, even coffee shops & bars offer free connection. Personally I think it’s about time all hotels offered free LAN connection, but that is how they make extra money. The room was clean and had all the usual requirements i.e. soap, large towels, shampoo, ironing board, safe, kettle for tea & coffee etc.

Breakfast was efficient with a good selection of western & Asian foods. Eating early morning I don’t know if it got busy, but before 6.45 there were always plenty of tables, free newspapers to read and the dishes were kept fresh and full. I was booked in mid-week so don’t know if that makes difference or if it gets busy on a weekend.

The pool is a reasonable size, however the only complaint is that there is no shade is provided around the pool, so if you want to sit out by the pool & read you are in the sun, did not see any bar tender so don’t know if it’s possible to order food & drinks whilst at the pool. The pool is accessed via the health Spa / gym area so it may be possible to order drinks from there.

The bar on the 9th ? floor (J Bar) is reasonable for drink prices whilst happy hour is on and for a hotel of this standard, but watch the AC, it’s one of the coldest bars I have sat in. One night it was that bad had to sit on the terrace outside as it was too cold to sit inside. Others in my party also thought it was cold, so not just a case of complaining for the sake of it.

Concierge was efficient and provided a map, showing the hotel location & where I needed to go. Always helpful and assisted when required. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again if I was on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Look on the hotel webiste becaus ethey offer deals with breakfast & 2 ticket to Universal Studio...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LukChang
Millennium C, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear LukChang

Thank you for this great review and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us! We are sure that our staff enjoyed serving you as much as you appreciated their service. We will take note of your concern of having shade by our pool and look into it wherever possible. I would like to share that we do have our F&B menus and a room service phone available by the poolside. We will look into improving its visibility to guests. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here for a business trip at the end of February and I found it to be a very pleasant stay. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice view of the city. I chose it because it was walking distance to our local office and I didn't want to pay a cab for every day. Others have said that there wasn't great TV reception. I found it to be very good actually with a nice variety of channels to watch, although I guess that depends on what you enjoy watching. I like the History Channel and the Discovery Channel, NatGeo etc. There was plenty of selection for me.

I liked the breakfast. I thought it had a diverse menu of things Eastern and Western. The scrambled eggs are more runny than we like them in the West but they certainly weren't bad. If you wanted something light, they had fruit and cereal. There was an omelet station, crispy noodles, all sorts of local specialties, a coffee bar, assorted meats (bacon, sausage etc). They had pancakes and/or French toast depending on the day. I enjoyed it. I also had the time to relax because I was there over the weekend.

The concierge staff was very friendly and gave good advice as far as where to go shopping, how to get there and what to see and do. I managed to get the postcards and souvenirs I needed for friends and family and also went out to China town to see the Buddhist and Hindu temples. Really cool.

I would stay here again if I had to go back for another business trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MHotelSing, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear AdrienneGlobeTrotter

Thank you for your great review.
I am extremely pleased that we were able to live up to your expectations in terms of our service and product. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.