M Hotel Singapore
Park Regis Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 218
US$ 183
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 354
US$ 279
Novotel
  • Pool
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 278
US$ 250
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 225
US$ 904
US$ 637
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
US$ 196
HotelJen.com
US$ 330
US$ 323
  • Restaurant
1,849 results
All reviewsbusiness hotelanson roadm clubbusiness districttanjong pagarbusiness tripcbd areamrt stationcheck in processwalking distancedeluxe roomspecial thanksan upgradecomfortable stayduty managerupon checkearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The check-in process was great, nice and helpful staff, a nice first impression of the hotel initially. However, I asked if they can provide my breakfast in the room instead since I have a 7am flight the next day and their breakfast does not start before 6:30am. The check-in staff was quite nice and agreed to help and I was quite impressed with that.

However, this turned into a nightmare later. There are few calls made to me , saying they cannot offer in-room dining, and I had to talk to several people so that they eventually agreed to offer me continental breakfast as take away. And you know what did I get in the end, a paper box with an apple and 2 breads. And the breads were microwaved such that they are so hard that no one can eat them.

Frankly, this is a very disappointing experience. I probably wouldn't feel as bad if my request was rejected from the beginning. I was actually quite impressed when they agreed to help initially. But later on, when they changed their mind, then bargaining with you over a breakfast, and with the breakfast they delivered to end my stay with them. This is a terrible experience, and ruined my entire stay with them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MHotelSing, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear dtai010,

I am sorry to learn that the fulfillment of your breakfast request fell short of your expectations. While we constantly strive to provide and exceed high standards of service, this is a lapse that we certainly could improve on. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we hope to be given the chance in future to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel as all the other business hotels in the area were booked up. It really does not compare to the Ritz, Mandarin or Four Seasons for service or quality. The room is good enough with a decent size desk. Main gripe is the massive construction site next door where they are building serviced apartments - took four calls to the front desk to get the room changed. After speaking with the duty manager he was apologetic and obliged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AGlining

Dear AGlining,

Please be assured that I have taken note of your cause of concern. We are in close contact with the neighbouring site manager to ease any inconveniences to our guests that may arise. Thank you for your stay with us and for this invaluable feedback. We love to welcome you back and hope to be your choice hotel for your future visits to Singapore.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel from the advice of a work colleague, I was in Singapore for a few days working, my company made a complete disaster of the whole booking and even after arriving at Singapore airport I still did not know if I had been booked into this hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel a reservation had been made, but only at the last minute, and my company had failed to book i.e internet, large bed, breakfast etc. The reception staff were great & gave me everything I requested. Looking on the internet they seem to have some good deals with breakfast

The room was spacious with a good size desk to work from. Also a comfy chair to sit on whilst watching TV instead of laying on the bed. The internet was fast & no connection problems. The only problem I have with internet is the insistence of hotels that residents pay for the service, even coffee shops & bars offer free connection. Personally I think it’s about time all hotels offered free LAN connection, but that is how they make extra money. The room was clean and had all the usual requirements i.e. soap, large towels, shampoo, ironing board, safe, kettle for tea & coffee etc.

Breakfast was efficient with a good selection of western & Asian foods. Eating early morning I don’t know if it got busy, but before 6.45 there were always plenty of tables, free newspapers to read and the dishes were kept fresh and full. I was booked in mid-week so don’t know if that makes difference or if it gets busy on a weekend.

The pool is a reasonable size, however the only complaint is that there is no shade is provided around the pool, so if you want to sit out by the pool & read you are in the sun, did not see any bar tender so don’t know if it’s possible to order food & drinks whilst at the pool. The pool is accessed via the health Spa / gym area so it may be possible to order drinks from there.

The bar on the 9th ? floor (J Bar) is reasonable for drink prices whilst happy hour is on and for a hotel of this standard, but watch the AC, it’s one of the coldest bars I have sat in. One night it was that bad had to sit on the terrace outside as it was too cold to sit inside. Others in my party also thought it was cold, so not just a case of complaining for the sake of it.

Concierge was efficient and provided a map, showing the hotel location & where I needed to go. Always helpful and assisted when required. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again if I was on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Look on the hotel webiste becaus ethey offer deals with breakfast & 2 ticket to Universal Studios etc which worked out cheaper than using an agent for room only
1  Thank LukChang
Millennium C, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear LukChang

Thank you for this great review and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us! We are sure that our staff enjoyed serving you as much as you appreciated their service. We will take note of your concern of having shade by our pool and look into it wherever possible. I would like to share that we do have our F&B menus and a room service phone available by the poolside. We will look into improving its visibility to guests. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here for a business trip at the end of February and I found it to be a very pleasant stay. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice view of the city. I chose it because it was walking distance to our local office and I didn't want to pay a cab for every day. Others have said that there wasn't great TV reception. I found it to be very good actually with a nice variety of channels to watch, although I guess that depends on what you enjoy watching. I like the History Channel and the Discovery Channel, NatGeo etc. There was plenty of selection for me.

I liked the breakfast. I thought it had a diverse menu of things Eastern and Western. The scrambled eggs are more runny than we like them in the West but they certainly weren't bad. If you wanted something light, they had fruit and cereal. There was an omelet station, crispy noodles, all sorts of local specialties, a coffee bar, assorted meats (bacon, sausage etc). They had pancakes and/or French toast depending on the day. I enjoyed it. I also had the time to relax because I was there over the weekend.

The concierge staff was very friendly and gave good advice as far as where to go shopping, how to get there and what to see and do. I managed to get the postcards and souvenirs I needed for friends and family and also went out to China town to see the Buddhist and Hindu temples. Really cool.

I would stay here again if I had to go back for another business trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
MHotelSing, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear AdrienneGlobeTrotter

Thank you for your great review.
I am extremely pleased that we were able to live up to your expectations in terms of our service and product. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Would stay again, only fault is paid-for internet. Particularly good points are the evening buffet and upstairs bar, J Bar.

Room Tip: Bit noisy at the back due to port noise.
1  Thank Marc T

Dear Marc T

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our buffet and bar set-ups, and our staff will be pleased to hear that their service has received commendation as well. Thank you for your review and we look forward to being of service to you on your next trip to Singapore.