“A place to sleep....”

Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #51 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Well placed along the river about 10 minutes walk from Clarkes Quay and 20 mins from Chinatown. The area around the hotel was lacking in facilities and it is a fair way from a MRT station.

They advertise complementary bicycle hire but beware, it is on first come first serve basis and they have a total of 3 bikes!

The breakfast area is reminiscent of a food court in a UK shopping centre and completely devoid of atmosphere. The rooms were not large but had the bare essentials you would expect for a hotel of this standard including internet for 28SD per 24 hrs!!! Nice riverside area for a drink if you are prepared to pay the prices in the bar.

All in all if you are looking for a place to sleep it fills a gap, if you are looking for more than that, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Colin W, General Manager at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Lone K

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I regret that your experience was not ideal. We will strive to continually improve ourselves and hope to be better able to serve you in future.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The location of the hotel is right by the Singapore river, but not close to any MRT station. I like the short walk to Robertson Quay and Clarke Quay from the hotel, but there's really not much amenities around the hotel. The room was a little old to my taste, but still functional enough for business travelers as I was with one. Also their TV channels were limited in choices and boring.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear cylia 82

Thank you for your review.
We will strive to improve ourselves upon that feedback that you have provided.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to be of service to you again in future.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel from October 25th till 28th for conference meeting.
We were invited guests so this hotel was selected by the host of the conference, but the main reason I see why they have chosen this was due to the hotel's nice accommodated conference halls. They have quite many well managed conference halls, good catering.
Breakfast was good but not more than average. There was a cook making the hot omellette on request which was the good part. But the selection of the fruit was not satisfactory.
Rooms were very tidy and the bathroom was in good size and clean.
Location however could be a bit problem for those who would like to move around w/ public transportation. I did not ask the front desk, but I couldn't see the Metro station nearby.
We took a taki which was always stand-by at the front door.
ON the back side of the Hotel, there was a water taxi stop. If you are interested on browsing the city in water line, it would be convenient. But this would be availalble upon pre-reservation since I didn't see the boat standing by.
In 10 min. walk we could find good shopping mall.
If you are in Singapore for business, I would definately recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Soo L

Thank you for this good review of our hotel.
We are glad that we were able to meet your business and conference expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Singapore and the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Beautiful location despite not being close to the MRT. The walk along the river after crossing the a bridge to Clarke key is worth the experience. There are so many places to eat and drink. The staff at the hotel are very efficient and extremely helpful. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear gazzadav

I am so glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that our staff were able to address all your needs in a timely manner. I have paid your compliments to them and I am sure that this will encourage them to continue in providing great service.

Thank you and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed at the Grand Copthorne in early February, for two nights on a business trip. The location is good (though Singapore is pretty easy to get around anywhere) - restaurants and bars at Robertson and Clarke Quays are very close.

The lobby is OK - nothing special - check in was reasonably efficient, very informative (detailed instructions on my complimentary internet) but done without a smile. The lobby was full of tour groups, so perhaps that explained why the reception staff were a little dour!

The rooms are plain but effective - the bathroom small (no bath for me) but the bed comfortable, internet worked, there was a desk etc. Basically all that is required - no more, no less.

My food experience was limited to room service (average) and the breakfast buffet (reasonably good). My first coffee was cold, and there was no-one on duty at the egg station when I arrived; but all in all an OK experience.

All in all there is nothing bad to say, but nothing that the place really excels in either. I'd struggle to recommend the place but I'd probably stay again. If you can get a good deal, then you won't go wrong.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear mikebkk

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I hope that we will be better able to meet your expectations and needs on your next visit to Singapore.