“Surpassed our expectation”

Ranked #121 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Surpassed our expectation”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at a deluxe room over the weekend, was given a family room on the 5th floor. Check in was prompt, the hotel lobby seems quiet on a Saturday afternoon.
Room was clean and spacious, and have a balcony for some fresh air. Breakfast is decent and ends at late 1030am.
Swimming pool is small but it is sufficient on a low season month. Same for the gym, sauna, jaccuzzi.
What we loved most is the location of the hotel, which is minutes away from Robertson quay. We enjoyed the evening walk along the Singapore river. Endless cafes, restaurants line the sides of the river leading to the Marina barrage.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
CopthorneKingSing, General Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear chiachiang

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear that we surpassed your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Booked a suite last 30th Dec-31st because of an weekend promotion! I must say I loved the room! The rooms have 2 separate adjoining sections- bed area and living area.

Included:
2 balconys, a huge closet with an iron board, a safe deposit box, a huge toilet with both a bathtub and a shower area, basic shower and bath amenities were provided along side with a hair dryer, a study area, 2 sofas, 2 television sets, a dining table, a kitchenette area, a tiny fridge, a shoe rack, also provided were, cups and many plates if needed. Free WIFI was also included for a day. The best thing about the room is that they have electricity plugs EVERYWHERE and EVERY corner.

15 mins away is Great World City, where you can do light grocery shopping.

I especially enjoyed the big fluffy bed and multiple pillows, they even allow you to request for better pillows for better support etc (see pic.) I wished I had a chance to stay more nights to enjoy the room. Staying in the hotel gives you access to the gym and pool at the 3rd floor, however pool is rather small and cramped with tourists all wanting to get a tan. The hotel was really quick to sent up more towels, toothbrushes and even a cockscrew when we requested for it.

The only drawback of this hotel stay was that they did not inform me clearly that there was going to be a deposit of $360/-(paid by debit). And I spent 1-1.5 weeks wondering why my money was being held. It is in fact the hotel's duty to inform us CLEARLY that they will be holding an amount and when it would be released. This really made me upset.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear tangerinagirl

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am glad that you were pleased with our establishment, save for the matter regarding the holding of your room deposit. Please accept my apologies on this and I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us in future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Pretty good location, fairly typical 4* hotel I feel. Service attentive. Only fault would be the musty smelling rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear StueyD

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. It is through such feedback that we are able to seek further improvement in order to serve you better.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Copthorne King’s Hotel Singapore and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
Hyderabad
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Inspite of advance booking thru their website and showing the confirmation mail, the front office made us wait for more than half hr at the reception before they allotted rooms to us.we had a booking for 5 rooms but got only2 rooms on arrival, other 3 were allotted only by eve, inspite of the delay they didn't even have the courtesy to allow us late check out or some other way of saying sorry. At the coffee shop , while my mother was still eating in a plate , the waitress almost pulled her plate off, this just doesn't happen in hospitality industry.i am not at all happy with the hotel.
The service was pathetic , the staff was not at all friendly .very very unhappy to choose this hotel

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank NandiniHyderabad
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Okay I was a business trip to Singapore. My company did a last mintue reservation as they scrambled for a hotel room. I never heard about this hotel, ask my driver about it. He gave me a so, so look. When I arrived it was nice on the outside, staff was friendly, and place look okay.
Got my room, and notice the floor had not been vaccummed, stains on the carpet, not the cleaniest place I stayed. Bed was hard a rock room was smaller than it looks on any of their pictures (website). AND THIS WAS AN UPGRADE! Due to they overbooked! For the price I wouldn't recommend, I was glad this was a short stay! Oh and there were fruit flies buzz around in the room they I had to kill.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business