4,339 results
All reviews tiffin room billiard room courtyard suite monkey nuts famous long bar writers bar the palm court peanut shells on the floor courtyard bar high tea personal butler bucket list butler service colonial style main building rooftop pool marina bay sands
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to Australia, the hotel was amazing, staff friendly and professional, the food was good in every part of the hotel we ate in. I would definitely stay here again it’s a great location .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tugboat_11
Christian W, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Tugboat_11,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review with us. At Raffles, we pride ourselves on exemplary standards of service and hospitality and I am glad that you were able to feel welcomed and comfortable throughout your stay here.

It is also great to hear that you had enjoyed your dining experiences as well as the hotel's convenient location.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, perhaps for a return visit when we reopen.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I've been lucky enough to treat myself to several stays at Raffles. Each visit was so special. The staff are so amazingly professional and hospitable. I know the room rate reflects the service on expects HOWEVER the hotel staff go out of their way to assist and make your stay as satisfying as they can. My first visit was in a lovely suite overlooking the courtyard and down to the area where afternoon tea is served. My room was really comfortable BUT there was a problem with my door. The lock was not working well and I couldn't access my room. Assistance came and the problem was dealt with. It was also my birthday during this visit. I was travelling alone en route home to NZ and decided I would like to treat myself to dinner in the grill room. The grill room was booked for a wine club dinner but the hotel was kind enough to seat me away from the group quietly to enjoy my meal. The maitre d was totally amazing and so so caring. I sat and enjoyed my meal. He chatted with me and my butler even came down and made a fuss of me on my birthday! My second visit was also fantastic with a lovely treat being the Ava Gardner Suite. Again, the staff were wonderful however I was unwell after my travels and my travel broker had arranged a late check out from my suite which for some reason was not on the hotel system. I did take this up with the hotel after my visit and I had a great phone call from the General Manager apologising for the mix up. Well done Raffles. Next visit was also fab with the Bentley picking me up from a location in the city and taking me to the hotel to check in accompanied by a friend who loved it all. I had the James Michener Suite which had the most wonderful location in the hotel. Once again we had afternoon tea and once again my visit was enhanced by the amazing staff (butlers and restaurant staff especially). A glorious visit and one I'm hoping to repeat once the hotel is again open for visitors.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear PatriciamH3641TP,

Thank you for sharing your many Raffles experiences here with us! I am delighted to hear that you have several memorable experiences at the hotel and I am honoured that you had chosen to celebrate your birthday here and was pleasantly surprised by our dedicated Raffles colleagues during your stay. At Raffles, we pride ourselves on exemplary standards of service and hospitality and hence I am glad that you were able to feel that through your interaction with our various colleagues.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when we reopen for a return visit to experience the same Raffles’ charming ambiance and legendary service and enjoy newly opened bars, restaurants, courtyards, and social areas.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The Raffles Hotel in Singapore has been refurbished numerous times but has kept the charme of colonial times. Many famous names are on the guest list and you shall not be disappointed if you choose to book.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear GeroChiavari,

Thank you for your kind comments and indeed, the hotel has been through its first restoration in 1991 where the historic colonial charm had been preserved over the years. We are currently closed for another careful and sensitive restoration, designed to ensure that we retain what is so special about Raffles – the ambience, the service, the charm and the heritage of the hotel. It is also intended to provide the facilities, spaces and experiences that the well-travelled expect.

We hope to welcome you back for another visit when we reopen.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stayed in early November 2017 and from the moment we arrived outside the hotel from our long journey from Sydney, it was clear that the Raffles is splendidly different.

The architecture is historic 1920’s colonial and very pleasing. The service from the hotel team is discreet, efficient, helpful and reserved – just what you want. The bedroom suite was mildly opulent. Everything that you could possible want in a hotel room, was at hand. The fixtures and fitting were in keeping with style of the hotel, slightly out-of-date but totally appropriate. Although building /renovation work was clearly underway, it was being well managed and the work was not too intrusive.

The various courtyards of the hotel were full of tropical trees and plants. Sipping Singapore Slings in the Long Bar, was very memorable and the hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc S

Dear Marc S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience at Raffles Singapore with us despite the restoration works ongoing in the hotel and that you enjoyed our colonial architecture, unique atmosphere, and discreet service. At Raffles, we pride ourselves on exemplary standards of service and hospitality and hence I am glad that you were able to feel that through your interaction with our dedicated Raffles colleagues who looked after you throughout your stay. It is heartening to hear that our service, quality and attention more than makes up for the limited facilities we have currently.

It is also wonderful that you had managed to visit Long Bar for the original Singapore Sling experience.

I will be sure to share your kind compliments with my fellow Raffles colleagues and we hope to welcome you back with us again, perhaps for a return stay when we reopen. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We loved the iconic Raffles Hotel, which is such an integral part of Singapore's history. The hotel is beautiful, conveniently located with a lot of exciting restaurants and bars all around it. A lot of famous celebrities have lived here, so that makes it quite special.

We drank the famous Singapore Sling, which was born in this hotel and the experience at the bar where is it made, is quite unique too (I don't want to spoil it), so you should try for yourself..... haha litter away.... literally!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PushExplore

Dear PushExplore,

Thank you for sharing your Raffles experience here with us. It is great that you enjoyed the colonial atmosphere and the convenient location, being situated in the heart of the city.

The Singapore Sling was created by our bartender at Raffles Singapore in 1915 and has been a signature cocktail since. The Long Bar, home of the Singapore Sling is an iconic venue that offers a very distinctive experience, with its earthy decor inspired by Malayan plantation life in the 1920s. The deep, rich colours and greenery remind our guests of the tropical plantation life. In keeping with the relaxed atmosphere, guests are invited to brush peanut shells off the table and bar-top to the floors; quite possibly the only place in Singapore where ‘littering is encouraged’.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcome you back when we reopen for a return visit.