“Not recommended”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #20 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have chosen this hotel because of the comment I read from your website. It was slightly expensive when comparing to other hotels of the same grade, but I thought why not if it is clean and comfortable. Very disappointing when I found my room pretty run down, mirror, pantry were very dusty. The bed was too soft. One of the light in the bathroom was blinking. No free wi fi or internet. The second morning, I told housekeeping my concern and when I came back at night, the light was fixed and they did sort of cleaned up. But still pretty dusty. I will not come back ever again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Mary C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

It's pretty good. No troubles, but I felt that most of the hotel room features were put in just to keep up with what other hotels were doing. The Wet Room approach to the shower didn't work well - just a big flood all over the floor. What really bothered me, and I know it's petty, was the sound system. They clearly went through a lot of effort to put in a nice stereo sound system with quality speakers. They left me a CD with some lame music, but didn't put in an antenna, so I couldn't play the radio without static. What's more, hotels that "get it" put nice stereos with iPod docks and 1/8" plugs to plug in your own devices. I just had a big static amplifier. What's the point ? Not thought through. It missed the "hip hotel" bus. Otherwise, service was up to Singapore standards, location is good and the rooms are very clean, but most hotels in Singapore are that way. I think my company got good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the sound system. Please rest assured that we are following up with Housekeeping and Engineering departments.

Best regards,Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the sound system - rest assured we are following up with housekeeping and engineering departments.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My G/F and I stayed at the Fairmont Singapore for 4 nights over the new year holidays. A solid hotel worthy of its reputation and credentials. The deluxe room we stayed in was what you would expect from an efficient 4/5 star property. Nothing especially extravagant, but the room was of decent size with good amenities, decor was modern and the bed was very comfortable. The location was the best part with the hotel literally connected adjacent to a large shopping mall. There was plenty of food choices as the food court and groceries were one floor below the hotel in the mall area. The mall also connects to the subway system making for access to transportation. Overall, I would recommend the hotel for anyone wishing to be in a central location with easy access to shopping and transportation choices.

Room Tip: Get your food from the food court area to save money. Also, sign up for the President's Club pr...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Location was perfect and had a room have sufficient size with great view overlooking Marina Bay. Staff at the reception extremely friendly. The product is very good value for money and is generally well kept-up. I noticed it is a 5 star hotel but it is not the absolute top of the market in Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mchour1

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We take pleasure to know that you found our staff extremely friendly.

Please rest assured that we will not rest on our laurels but will continue to seek improvements to our guests' experiences. We are also making plans to refurnish our guestrooms, starting in 2013.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

By Far the best Fairmont I have ever stayed at. I had a suite and it was great. The location awesome! The TV however was the only thing lacking, poor cable quality. Beds were awesome and the bathroom was the largest I have ever seen. The hotel has 3 great restaurants and connected to the Stamford which means its a common pool but its a great pool. The willow spa was the best spa I have ever used. Highly recommend all around!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AK7811

Dear Guest

Our mission at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is to "Turn Moments into Memories for our Guests". Hence it gives us great pleasure to read about your positive experience during your recent stay. Please be assured that we are following up on your feedback regarding TV cable quality.

Thank you.