14 people are viewing this hotel
$299
Free cancellation until 09/02/23
$298
Free cancellation until 10/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
$245
Hotels.com$298
Trip.com$298
Priceline$267
6,994 results
All reviews blue potato great location ellenborough market cafe central mall mrt station restaurants and bars the executive lounge buffet breakfast nespresso machine nice pool late check marina bay orchard road swissotel nightlife concierge australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2022

We booked our accommodation with Rachelle. It was so easy to communicate and to get what we were looking for. We stayed at the hotel for eight nights. Everything exceeded our expectations. The staff were so kind, nice and always willing to help. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to have a great experience in the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2022
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, General Manager at Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2022

Dear 73Ljubinkas,

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation and review of our Hotel.

Our team members are deeply touched by your recognition of their heartfelt fine hospitality. It is a great delight to hear that you were especially impressed by the service provided by Rachelle, I will certainly share your commendation to her.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another superb stay when your travel takes you back to Singapore.

Reviewed 30 November 2022

My husband and I went for a 3D2N staycation in this hotel. Not quite a pleasant one though.

First impression of the room, it didn't look new but certainly clean and comfortable so it's good enough. One hour after checking into our room, we heard pounding/dragging sound from upstairs and even heard someone yawning and laughing in the next room. Definitely needs to improve on soundproofing. There was no comb provided in the room, which was quite unexpected as I had thought comb is usually provided, along with the basic neccessites in the bathroom.

As it was Saturday, we had wanted to try their famous nyonya buffet that we have heard so much about from family and friends. Food spread was really good and taste was indeed memorable. During one of the trip to get my food, there was a guy who had used his bare hand to pick up one of the dry food item instead of using a tong. I started to look around for the nearest staff who can remind him to use a tong but to my dismay, the female staff who had saw him doing that, had turned away and said nothing. It's like the "none of my business" kind of body language. Another issue to highlight was, they had employed young servers who are like probably below 18, but they did not seem to receive adequate training. One asked if he could clear my plate when I am still obviously eating the food on the plate. A more senior server was scolding another poor young server right at our table, which we genuinely felt they should be guided properly and not shouted at or reprimanded in front of guests.

The next morning we decided to go for their breakfast buffet since we had quite good experience the day before (minus the hygiene issue). Again, while queuing up for food, the guy in front of me was putting food BACK from his plate into the food tray. I looked around for nearby staff and again, a male staff from behind the food booth had seen what happened but chose to turn and look somewhere else. I had to step forward and remind the guy that he should not do that. I was utterly disgusted, by the guy's gesture of putting his food back and also by the attitude of the staffs. Shortly after returning to my seat, I provided feedback to manager Mr Darren Neo, who had immediately walked over to check on the food item that I have mentioned. But there was no follow up after checking, nor was the tray of 'contaminated' food replaced. I know it was not replaced because my husband was waiting there to see if they will replace it as he wanted to try it but he walked back to the seat feeling disappointed.

Overall it was quite a disappointing experience for us..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sonyar962,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We genuinely appreciate hearing from our guests as to what aspects of their stay went well and those require further attention to improve our overall guest experience. My apology that your stay was not satisfactory, and I understand your concern about this matter. I have addressed these areas of concern with the individual heads and will ensure that training is set in placed for improvement.

We hope to welcome you back for an improved experience in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

Great location - close to the MRT station, lots of buses, Chinatown and Clarke Quay mall.

Customer service was very good in general. Breakfast at peak time was a bit chaotic as there seemed to be not enough staff to cope.

Rooms were of a good size, comfy bed and good bathroom facilities. At times the water was only lukewarm though.

Gym was well equipped and the pool was a good size. You could still use these facilities plus the shower after you have checked out which is good for late flights.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Holy12345,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love reading about how much you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing this with us. Your kind words mean so much to our colleagues and I will share your commendation around. On the other hand, we apologise for the inconvenience you faced about the breakfast service and water temperature. I have addressed these areas of concern with the individual heads and will ensure that improvement is set in placed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2022

The room seemed a bit dated, needs refurbishment. The windows had some UV coating or something on them that was aged and peeling so I couldn't see out the windows. Otherwise the location is great and the common areas of the hotel look nice and are well decorated.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear MT,

Thank you for your stay at Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel location, being strategically located near to many sightseeing’s places in the city. I read your message about the windows and rest assured that we have taken it onboard for future improvement.

Reviewed 21 November 2022 via mobile

Firstly Nayli front office was very friendly.When i had an issue she offer alternative solution.

Kiki was also helpful she is very knowledge and patient.

The room size is big and clean.The restaurant always bz but staff is friendly

Tips choose a room with a bathtub facing clarqe quay

Trip type: Travelled solo
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, General Manager at Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2022

Dear Sightseer48175822813,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and recognizing the outstanding service provided by Nayli and Kiki. I truly appreciate your kind words and it is a motivation for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. I will certainly pass along your compliments to both of them.

We hope to welcome you back for another amazing experience in the near future.