I stayed here for 2 nights. Check in was simple. Room was on the 6th floor. On entering, room had a musty smell like it was a smoking room but it is a nonsmoking hotel apparently. It had 2 windows that opened which I did to air room. Entrance area & bathroom are tiled & due to the state of the floor I didn't want to walk bare foot so used the slippers provided. Some of the bathroom tiles are cracked & when you flushed the toilet water would leak out of the button in the wall. Definitely in need of makeover. Rest of room carpeted. Bed was a king size. Nespresso machine & kettle available with tea bags & 2 small bottles of complimentary water provided along with usual minibar items.
My room incl free wifi otherwise it was about 20SGD for 24hrs. You still had to login & select the pay option but you were not charged. TV has mix of channels in several languages incl English & French, plenty of news & sport
Swimming pool was nice enough - not huge & has a bar/cafe next to it. I used it between 8-9am on a Sunday morning & lounge chairs were shaded by the frangipani trees & it was pretty quiet until the construction noise happenIng at Clarke which you could see & hear.
Location - Clarke Quay MRT station across the road & you can access it under cover via path at side of hotel for when it's pouring with rain ( & they do provide umbrella in room). If you are heading to Orchard Rd you will need to swap train lines @ Dhoby Ghaut MRT station & it cost $2.20 one way & you get $1 refund if you return card at ticket machine. $2.50 one way to Harbourfront station where Vivo City shopping centre & access to Sentosa.
There are plenty of places to eat/drink nearby. I didn't eat at hotel so can't comment on restaurants.
When I return to Singapore next I will be picking another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore