“Singapore. Much more than the stopover point people think it is!”

Pan Pacific Orchard
Ranked #36 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a well priced hotel in a good location just off Orchard Rd. the room was very spacious with a lovely bathroom and the friendliest and most helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. Our first night we had a problem with our hot wet, which was promptly fixed and the next day when we returned the management had put a delicious dessert tray in our room with an apology letter. The restaurant was fabulous with the best value for money Buffet Dinner with the most stunningly presented food I have ever seen and the selection was incredible. The pool was lovely and refreshing to dive into after traipsing around in the humidity which is the only downside of Singapore. I am already keen to go back to this lovely hotel and city.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade. We also wanted a late checkout as we had a late flight and we...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank koscar2000
PanPacificOrchard, Rooms Division Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear koscar2000,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Pan Pacific Orchard. It is always a joy to receive acknowledgment on our commitment to create memorable hotel experience from our guests. It’s even more rewarding to know that you will be coming back to stay with us again. I will definitely pass on your compliments to the culinary team. I’m sure they will be happy to know that they have left such a great impression.

Once again, thank for you staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at Pan Pacific Orchard back in September and I had gave the hotel a good review based on its location and customer service. So I went back and was visiting Singapore for business and I must say the service I received was the best I have received at any hotel. The Head Chef Andy and his colleague Chris accommodated to my every needs as I only eat halal meat. Everyday I was served in the morning with the most delicious breakfast. A great variety.

So obviously having breakfast I dined at the restaurant for my evening meals and I must say I had dined here more than once. Andy and Chris made the most delicious food it left myself and my colleague wanting some more. From the steak to the fillet of fish. Excellent.

So my colleague and I stayed in the Club Lounge Room which gave us access to the Club Lounge. First of all the room was of good standard and kept clean by the house keeping team. Secondly, the hotel is getting renovated with wifi being offered in the rooms but as my room had not been upgraded yet the manager went out of his way to provide me with a wifi router so I was able to access my iPad. I think the rooms are slightly outdated but lets see what the new renovations will do to the room.

The Club Lounge was offering appetizers between 6-8pm which were simply a delight. The staff in the Club Lounge were attentive to all my needs and all of them remembered me from my last visit which was a nice touch.

Our flight was at 11pm and we were going to check out at 3pm as I am a GHA Platinum member but Justin the Hotel Room Manager was very accommodating to our needs as we had meetings till 5pm we had asked for a 6pm checkout and I would like to thank Justin for making this possible. Another example of outstanding service and acknowledging a returning client.

I would like to thank everyone at the hotel and leave my final appreciation for Frederic the GM for helping me with my specific requirements and accommodating to my Corporate needs.

I will be back upon my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose the Club Room its worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Connecttraveller

Hi Connecttraveller,

It is always a delight to hear such wonderful reviews from our return guests sharing their positive hotel experience. Pan Pacific Orchard takes pride in creating memorable hotel experience through developing great relationships with our guests and the team joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. It will definitely be our pleasure to welcome you back for another enriching and refreshing Pacific experience very soon.

Regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2012

they do not have a room till 3 to 4 hours after check in. This is between christmas and new year. we have come a few times. It is the same every time.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
PanPacificOrchard, Rooms Division Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear f m,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests at Pan Pacific Orchard. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your experience is of a great concern to us.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jstyle@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6620 in order for me to address the issues encountered personally.

Room Division Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2012

As we arrived the troubles started
At reception we where told that our room Preference was not available after talking for a while with front desk we where offered a smaller normal room and that we would have to wait until tomorrow for the room we desired, I started to get emotional (3 flights , 18 hours, I was tired).
The Manager appeared and sorted it out knowing exactly who we where explaning that he had received an email prior explaining that it was our honeymoon and we just wanted a stress free stay .
We waited having a small bit to eat and was given our room keys and told we would receive a phone call confirming the options we had booked including a turn down service .(never received the call as the phone had not been put back properly before we got to the room ,and only realized at 11 pm and had to go down to reception not greeted professionally and was told it was too late for evening option etc to come back in the morning,In my opinion they could have sent someone to the room....
The suite upgrade was gorgeous (minus the ash on the coffee table and bed side cabinet (not the end of the world) we received a complimentary bottle of champagne started to open the bottle when the lights and air con went out. second time down to reception , third time an electrician came to the room (by this time it was past 11 pm) had the door wide open for 20mins trying to fix the lights (kills a romantic honeymoon mood completely) he left us his key as with the fixing he did our keys no longer worked.(strangely no one informed the Manager of these problems) The next day we went to reception to book a theater show (new day let's try and start fresh) nope the reception lady was annoyed about booking a show for us (and this continued for the stay) I can understand one or two people having a bad day but not all of the front desk ! (singapore flyer tickets same problem etc ) as if we where imposing on them.
The club lounge was nice but have to wait a long time to receive breakfast .
All in all the location is great the pool is fantastic (except one woman that was smoking at the corner of the pool even being a smoker myself ,it's a no smoke zone and little children where in the pool). If the manager was not as helpful and genuinely concerned about our stay ,and the floor staff as smiley and nice It would have felt like a horrible time . They make up for the front desk .
Not sure if I would stay here again , As still disappointed ,you only get one honeymoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jc w
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear jc w,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we are regretful that your recent visit has fallen short of expectations. I wish to assure you that it is certainly not in line with the level of service that we strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard.

As your recent stay experience is of great concern to us, I would like to invite you to email me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and, to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Frederic Jenni

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Location - The location of the hotel is perfect. It's at Orchard yet the main lobby isn't facing the busy street - which makes it good as it's quiet.

Room - Room is not as spacious as some hotels. Interestingly, there is no ledge to put the luggage as with most hotels. Had to squeeze the oversized luggage into the closet.

Internet - No wireless internet which is a let down.

TV - One of the tiniest TV I have ever seen for a hotel this quality.

Food - Acceptable. Can be better though.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank equinoxism

Dear equinoxism,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to Singapore.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel’s proximity to the popular Orchard Road shopping belt. We have taken note of your feedback on the other areas of concern and would like to take this opportunity to share with you that we are in the midst of finalizing a comprehensive refurbishment program which will cover majority of the rooms, internet connection and public areas.

We are appreciative of your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Frederic Jenni