We stayed in the Furama Riverfront for the last leg of our honeymoon. Up until then we had stayed in some very nice hotels but we were disappointed with the Furama.
We booked through STA travel and the brochure has pictures of luxury rooms with great views, however this was not our experience at all. I would say our room was like a traavelodge in the UK, basic and functional. We had booked a double but our room had a double and a single bed which we were told to "ignore" by the lady who checked us in. The double was up against a wall so only one side had a bedside table. There was no carpet in our room, nor in the room above us so we heard the scraping of chairs on the ceiling. The bathroom was small and basic but had no extractor fan. Our view was of a side road, and some large turbines!
The corridors of the "guest" floors are a little tired and shabby, we assume all the pictures are taken on the executive floors.
On the first night we decided to eat in the buffet which was fine, except when it cost c.£80 for two with a beer each! You would have to eat a lot for it to be worth it and we much nicer meals out for the same or less. Breakfast was also over priced at c.£35 for two, we found it much cheaper to eat out.
The pool area was nice, towels are provided and there are plenty of lounges however it does not get the afternoon sun so is a bit chilly.
The lobby bar is nice, there is a happy hour and reasonably priced snacks like sandwiches.
The location is good if you want to be slightly away from the main centre, there is an MRT about a ten minute walk away and Robertson Quay is five with some great restaurants. You can walk to Chinatown as well.
The wifi was a little pricey, c.£8 for an hour.
Overall for the price we paid per night I would have expected a lot more in England, it may be a better experience if you are In an executive room. If you do stay eat all your meals out it will be better an cheaper by far. If we return to Singapore I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an elegant retreat from the urban rush at the Furama RiverFront. The exquisite hotel features well-appointed rooms with a full range of modern amenities overlooking either the Singapore skyline, lush greenery or the swimming pool. Guests can relax comfortably in a tranquil environment with the city's entertainment hub at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Ostrovok and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furama RiverFront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Riverfront Hotel Singapore
- Furama Riverfront Singapore
- Furama Hotel Singapore