1,002 results
All reviews clarke quay rooftop pool rooms are small central mall budget hotel place to sleep mrt station clean hotel convenience store bars and restaurants fantastic location double room stayed here for nights bottled water your luggage bus stop marina bay sands
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked my relatives for 3 days 2 nights.Booking process was efficient.The place was clean and accesible.Close to several bus stops,and access to MRT.Several stops away from Bugis, China Town, Clarke Quay, and Sentosa.The highlight of the stay was the very hospitable crew,especially the front desk.Props to Jessica.Thank you for accomodating our requests, and making sure that your guests are satisfied.I would definitely suggest the hotel to my relatives and friends who plan to visit Singapore

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
GlobalPremiumHotels, Customer Relations at Fragrance Hotel - Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Maki A,

We are delighted to hear that the service of our team was one of the highlights of your stay with us. It is always great to learn that our efforts contribute to a positive experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us!

Regards,
Customer Relations Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was just a place to sleep. Not that great. Location was good. Convenient for a short two day stop ober. Couple minutes walk to Clarke quay metro stop through a shopping mall and across the road.

Easy to walk to china town. Easy to walk to Clark quay.

No breakfast. Few places like star bucks in the mall close by.

Few places to eat along the street.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear whitlamabroad,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the rest of our travellers.
It means a lot to us to hear that you had a great stay in our hotel and we are pleased to know that our hotel and its accessible location had met your needs as a traveller.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Regards,
Customer Relations Team

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

We booked this through our travel agent in Australia and that is always open for interpretation on what you are going to get in a hotel. This room /space was certainly underwhelming in space, and certainly the only way one can open their suitcase is by putting it on the bed.
The staff were ok, not exactly forward coming with important info like how to get hot water for a shower until stumbling upon a switch that needed to be turned on hours before wanting a shower. Good to see that the hotel is energy conscious, just let the patrons know plz.
Good location but certainly not worth the cost considering other options.
The breakfast is worked by a voucher system with the cafe next door which was kinda nice.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank poppy1166
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I really tried liking this property. First. They were fantastic in allowing us to do a early check in as our flight landed at 7am. We were tired and wanted to freshen up prior to heading out to explore. I also liked the location as it’s close to Chinatown.
After that. That’s where the only good things I’ll say. As we returned to the room to shower. There was no hot water and one of the towels was dirty. We went down to front desk to get a new towel and they said house keeping is gone for the day and to try again tomorrow. Well. It’s a hot day. I would like to dry myself after showering. The night staff was also rude and didn’t care. Just watching their shows on their phone and eating. Secondly. The room I was staying in had tons of little bugs In the shower/washroom. Asked about it. Again “I’ll get housekeeping to check it out” no apology or anything.
I love budget hotels. But this one sucked. Would of been cleaner at a hostel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lawplanet
Reviewed 25 October 2018

The Fragrance Hotel perfectly met my needs. I was a solo traveler who wanted to be closer to the MRT and close to Chinatown. I didn't want a window because I wasn't sure what noise level would be and if there would be much ambient light. As it is, there's not much of that on this street so you'd be fine paying extra for the "deluxe" room, or getting an upgrade like was offered to me, though I declined.

I'll address the room naming convention first. They're called superior, deluxe, and executive. Superior is a standard, basic room with no window. It's superior to a hostel and superior to sleeping on the street. Don't look too far into the names as words mean nothing. Instead look at the amenities and don't let yourself be fooled like some people leaving reviews.

My room was simple and had exactly the amount of space I needed. The TV is in a good position so you can lay down, relax after a long day out around Singapore, and just zone out. My room was certainly much darker and not as well-lit as the pictures show on their website. I don't know if this is normal or if my room was just not well-lit. I didn't care, I was there to sleep, not be active.

The bathroom is a wet bathroom. For those of you who haven't had this experience, like I previously hadn't, that means that your bathroom is also your shower stall. You will get the toilet, sink, and obviously the floor wet when you take a shower. However, the drainage is very good and you can towel down the surfaces pretty soon after a shower and everything is perfectly fine. I had no problem with this. Just make sure you flip the random, unlabeled switch outside the bathroom up, turning on the hot water heater. I took a rather cool shower the first night because of this, though it was refreshing from the heat.

The staff was helpful when I had questions, such as the shower, and are at the desk at all times. There's a convenience store very close so you can stock up on the necessities. There's also a very nice shopping mall across the street with more eating options plus the MRT station. It is also right down the street from my favorite meal in all of Singapore, Song Fa Bak Kut Teh. If you're staying at the Fragrance Riverside, do yourself a favor and eat there.

So, to sum things up, if you're traveling solo, this is certainly a hotel for you. If you're traveling light as a couple and are okay knowing that your suitcases aren't going to both be out and open at the same time, or really at all, this place is for you. If you're traveling with any significant number of bags or want space, this is probably not for you. However, for someone like myself who wanted to save money on lodging to spend it on food while not wanting to stay at a hostel because you value privacy, the Fragrance Riverside is perfectly workable for you.

Room tip: A superior room means no windows. If you're okay with this, it's very quiet.
Date of stay: January 2018