Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
₹25,685
Get rewarded with One Key
Official Hotel
₹19,690
mangirish
Margao, India
pleasent atmosphere and budget hotel
Review of Orchid Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jan 2013
the hotel is in heart of city and i like their ambience a budget hotel good food centralised ac good spacious room quick transport facility for having city tour.china town and mrt station is very close to the hotel.in the hotel their is small aquarim where ,there are different type of fish species which attract the tourist while proceding towards restraunt,
Date of stay: May 2012
Room Tip: looking by cleanliness of toilets , and spacious rooms one can go for chossing the room.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    ₹9,555
    ₹12,147
14.8 km from Orchid Hotel
View more hotels in Singapore
All reviews walking distance breakfast buffet marina bay food court chinatown mrt supermarket gym hawker luggage australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The hotel is very close (maybe in 1-2 min walks) from the MRT station and close to the centre of the city. It is very convenient. You can walk to the China town in 10 minutes... The room is quite spacious, though it seems not many facilities are available. Anyway, good for staying over to go around the city.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Room cleaned poorly even after mentioning to reception. Staff really friendly and courteous. Location great. Value for money good even for Singapore. Only 2 years old. Large rooms. In ChinaTown will underground and buses very close.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Arrived at the Orchid hotel after a 25 minutes taxi drive from the airport (SIN$23). Located right outside Chinatown and walking distance from the business district e.g. Shenton Way. Locationwise good for my purpose, price seemed good value for money. Room was clean, spacious and well equiped. Pitty, reception charged SIN$25 for WIFI access, should be inclusive these days IMHO...... Buffet breakfast was good, however the restaurant missed the oriental athmosphere and looking outside, one could see other hotelguests doing their morning workout in the pool.... not my kind of thing during breakfast. Many tourgroups stayed there, so one morning it got crowded at the buffet breakfast, had to queue up, appearantly was there at the wrong time.... Service is very good, breakfast restaurant staff and receptionstaff are friendly and helpful. In the surrounding area there are a few pubs and restaurants, and Chinatown is in walking distance. All in all I would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room not too close to the elevators and try to avoid rooms that have connecting doors if you don't need them. Even if you booked only 1 room and the connecting door is closed, you can hear any noice from the neighbours.....
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank wikidutch
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I reluctantly booked a night with this hotel because my usual Scarlet / M hotel were fully booked. I checked its website, read the reviews and wasn't convinced. I didn't feel confident with the "Orchid" theme & the typical China man feel - gosh you can't get more old-fashioned than this. I had actually booked my 2nd night with The Scarlet hotel despite the hassle to move. In hindsight, I should have continued to stay.

1st surprise: not bad at all. the staff asked if I have any particular room request & offered me a room away from the tinkling elevator. I am actually a lazy person & prefer minimum walking. But I like the thoughtfulness so I delightedly accepted.

2nd surprise: the conventional hotel setting is within expectation but the room is really spacious, bright and clean. It has slippers (I'm very particular about this, hotels with no slippers are BAD) and seemingly classy full leather floor (at the room entrance & bathroom). I bowed to knock on the floor to confirm they are tiles instead ;)

3rd surprise: I booked at RM230++ on the website but the bill turned out to be RM198++, free WiFi & breakfast is included. I can't ask for more as I would need to pay additional S$27++ for breakfast at Scarlet & RM20++ for broadband at M Hotel.

4th surprise: Surrounded by shop lot restaurants, also next to the new Amara shopping mall (lots of eateries inside) and International Plaza (lots of eateries inside). No time to shop but I think I would enjoy if it were a leisure trip.

Ok. By now you know it will definitely give the nearby M Hotel & The Scarlet a run for their money. I'll definitely come back to this China man hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Shzl
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Location in Chinatown very close to the Metro is close to perfect for tourists as well as business travellers. Staff was very friendly; arriving early in the morning (way before normal check in time) they checked me in, looked after my luggage and offered a shower! I discovered a nice swimming pool there as as a smaller fitness club. They served a nice buffet lunch. All at reasonable rate. Highly recommendable.

Date of stay: November 2012