4,469 results
All reviewsclub roomguest experience managermrt stationvelocity mallliving roomsam gilmarmalade pantryprivate pooldirect accessclub guestsshopping mallcorner roomconvenient locationrain showerorchard roadlate checkmodern hotel
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Mistakes happen. How the hotel management responds shows whether they are idiotic fools or live thinking people.

This hotel uses canned responses, which are just are dumb, robotic approaches to problems. Any idiot can read off a chart of problems and dish out corresponding solutions. Eg: poor product knowledge / room phone not working / no WiFi (which all happened to me) = free upgrade to Club Room on next visit.

The management is clearly not capable of thinking. On topnof all their problems, I then saved them $110 because I was under-billed at checkout time. They gave me a bill of $40 instead of $150 (as part of a voucher redemption program). At time of booking they did not even know about the deal - which shows how poor their product knowledge is. I had to scan the front and back of the voucher and e-mail it to them.

The correct response to being under-billed would be to offer me a discount of $110 against my next visit, because I had actually protected them from a cash loss of $110. But Ms Kaur twice offered me an insulting free upgrade to a Club Room which I told her I have no use for (and anyway which any guest can purchase for a mere $60).

This is their stupid response to a situation requiring some thought.

So good luck if you stay there and have an odd problem. I had four. They are so stupid that they can't think of solutions.

I'm expecting their management reply to this review to still offer the same stupid solution - a free upgrade to a Club Room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank diver_driver
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear diver_driver

Thank you for your feedback on this platform.

We thank you for highlighting the discrepancy in the billing and apologise for the lapse in service during your visit. My colleagues addressed the unplugged telephone and assisted you in connecting to the wifi swiftly.

Journey well..

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is still the best service in Singapore.
Love this hotel and the staff. The club lounge at level 22 is simply unsurpassable, headed by the amazing Letitia.

Tried newer hotels but none compare.

Just awesome!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear jaydarby71,

Thank you for making us your home away from home when in Singapore.

We are delighted you had a pleasant stay with us and that you love our Club Lounge (The Living Room) and its offerings. We also would like to thank you for your compliment on our staff and service rendered by them. Providing guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission and we are very proud of our colleague Letitia for proving such excellent service.

On behalf of the Oasia team, it was indeed our pleasure to have extended hospitality to you and we do hope to have another chance to be of service on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Fantastic location with direct access to MRT from hotel lifts - very convenient. Value for money is good. The hotel is clean, modern and has all the main facilities that are required. Buffet breakfast does not offer a huge variety but is adequate - would be nice if you could order a cappuccino or latte instead of the filtered coffee. Pool is nice and the rooftop garden is a nice touch. Staff are generally friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Alex_Getagrip,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are thrilled you had an overall enjoyable stay experience and we greatly appreciate your compliments on our cleanliness, hotel design, facilities and service rendered by our staff. Additionally, please be assured we have taken note of your feedback regarding breakfast service and relevant department has been informed.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Oasia Hotel Novena soon.

Journey Well...

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stayed at Oasia Novena and was lucky enough to get a personalized service from their guest experience manager. They excecuted my request flawlessly. Would definitely return for future staycations. Great!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear xtan958915,

Thank you for making us your preferred choice of accommodation for your staycation!

We are delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and that our Guest Experience Manager was able to meet your every need, making your stay a personalised and memorable one.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in future!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It is my personal opinion that hotels should be measured and compared by not only based on their location, extravagance, and amenities but on their staff's overall attitude, and willingness to assist guests on a day-to-day basis.
In this regard, Oasia Hotel Novena should be ranked much higher in Singapore than it is right now.
To simply put it, one of the best aspects in our recent stay at Oasia Hotel Novena was that we were surrounded by the always smiling, genuine, and capable members of the hotel's staff. They made our stay much more enjoyable and as a result I am more than likely to stay at this hotel in the future.

In the mornings, at the door, we were greeted by one of the most remarkable "bell boy" we have ever met, Nathan. He has worked at this hotel for the longest and he seems to love every minute of his job. Nathan had always had time to say a warm hello to us, talk to us, and share his positive thoughts with us.

Maniam, whom we often met in the afternoons at the door, was another person who assisted us in so many ways throughout our stay at Oasia. Mani's honest, friendly personality really captured me and I must say it's changed the way I look at things now.

I must also mention Latitia, who who was always energetic, and keen for a cheerful talk. She was the first person we met upon our arrival back to the hotel and what a warm "welcome back" it really was. You could tell she was genuinely glad to have us back and made sure our check-in was quick. She even got us a pool-view room that I preferred. As I spent hours in the pool swimming it made it easy to find the best time for laps without bothering other guests with my splashing. She definitely made our day!

Looking back at the last few week's reviews you can't seem but to notice how many times has Ms Rika Ninomiya been mentioned. As we have experienced it over the last few weeks there were definitely valid reasons for all those positive mentions. She is a true go-getter, someone who takes her job very seriously. She knew about our coming back to Singapore and she presented us with a tiny, but a very meaningful gift. She is also a great problem solver as we had personally experienced it. There was a little issue in our bathroom that even I thought that it was just an annoyance to report. However, I felt that other guests may find it a bigger issue so I brought it to her attention. While I insisted that it didn't bother us that much and we definitely didn't want to switch rooms, she quickly took initiative. Rika personally supervised that the issue had been dealt with to her (and ultimately to our) satisfaction. Rika frequently communicated with us to make sure that the work was done in our room while we were away. I must say that she is certainly a real GEM within the Oasia family.

Thanks to all these fantastic employees I will highly recommend Oasia Hotel Novena to all my friends and family should they visit Singapore in the future. For those seeking medical treatments the hotel is situated in the most convenient location in the heart of Novena. MRT is basically just below the hotel and any of the hotel's six elevators can take you down there. A very big mall is just next door with great restaurants and stores for everyone. Gardens by the Bay is only a 10min taxi ride away and the airport is also just around 20 minutes away, depending on traffic.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from elevator are quieter. Get a Club Room if you have extra $ to spend.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank James R
Oasia_Hotel_SG, Manager at Oasia Hotel Novena, Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear James R,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It truly is heartwarming to read your compliments on our colleagues, we are very proud of Nathan, Maniam, Letitia and Rika for proving such professional, attentive and welcoming service you were pleased with. Providing excellent service is at the core of our service commitment to our guests therefore your kind words will definitely motivate the team to keep our high standards.

We are delighted you found our hotel’s location convenient. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by many eateries, shopping and medical centers. Furthermore, having directly access to Novena MRT station via underpass definitely helps our guests explore more of Singapore easily.

On behalf of the Oasia team, it was indeed our pleasure to have extended hospitality to you and to have made your stay with us a memorable one.

We certainly look forward in welcoming you back and thank you once again for your continuous patronage.