Together with some friends, we went to Singapore straight from Cebu, Philippines and stayed there for a period of four days and four nights, from November 29-December 1, 2011. Even if it was our first time there, we definitely had a blast. And one of the huge factors which really made our short sojourn in Singapore quite memorable, is the place where we stayed for the duration of our trip. It goes by the name of 5footwayinn- a newly-built, cool hostel which stands out in its own right, in an area surrounded by other guest houses.
I found 5footwayinn by chance. Almost two weeks before we were supposed to leave for Singapore, we still did not have a place to stay in. fortunately, there is Google which led me right into the doorstep of 5footwayinn. Upon seeing the website of 5footwayinn, I was immediately impressed by its interiors. The immaculate white color and the seemingly modern feel of the place captured my interest. I thought this was too good to be true and for a moment, I was even doubtful if 5footwayinn was as good as advertised. To quell my concerns, I decided to call the reservation hotline and I was instantaneously impressed at the level of professionalism that they displayed. The staff who goes by the name of Terence took my call and provided all the right answers to my queries. I even sent emails to clarify some matters about our booking and I was amazed at the promptness of their response. At that very moment, I felt that I chose the best place to stay in for my first trip to Singapore.
When we finally arrived at 5footwayinn, all my concerns died a natural death. I was instantaneously delighted to actually see the place. Indeed, the pictures of the hostel as displayed in its website speaks a lot about 5foowayinn. I would say that they exactly represent what 5footwayinn is.
Here are some reasons why I liked 5footwayinn:
• It’s squeaky clean. The walls are spotless. Even the common restrooms are also well-maintained. The rooms are also unbelievably orderly. I would give 5footwayinn a rating of 10 for cleanliness alone.
• Facilities are superior. Aside from its cleanliness, 5footwayinn boasts of facilities which will truly delight all backpackers. It has a relatively strong WIFI connection. If you are the type who needs to check your email constantly, logging in to your email account will surely be a breeze. If you did not bring your laptop, there is a place designated for internet access called the Attic. There are two iMacs provided for this purpose. Aside from the iMacs, with the comfortable couches and lazy boys, guests can also laze around the Attic to watch TV or see their favorite DVDs. Finally, 5footwayinn has provided an area where the guests can eat light breakfast, composed of cereals, bread, butter, jam, fruits and unlimited hot beverage for free.
• Competitive rates. Considering the facilities of 5footwayinn, the rates are quite reasonable and competitive. In my opinion, you get value for every single dollar that you spend for your accommodation.
• Location is very convenient. Situated right near the entrance of the Chinatown Station of the MRT, you can immediately go to your places of destination conveniently. Whether you are going to Sentosa/Universal Studios or Marina Bay, or perhaps, feast on Singapore’s dishes at the Newton Food Centre, 5footway in is the best place for your to be in because of its easy access to all modes of transportation.
However, despite these advantages, I think there is still room for improvement for 5footwayinn, to stay at the top of its game. One of these future service improvement that should be implemented is to place a pair of service slippers at the restrooms. Other than this, 5footwayinn is, nevertheless, a fabulous place to stay when you are in Singapore. I will certainly recommend this to my friends. And before I forget, the next time I visit Singapore, I will definitely stay at 5footwayinn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are new and we were opened since October 2011. At 5footway.inn, we are built on the concept that budget accommodation can be centrally located, can be tasteful, can be packed with amenities, and can come with 5-star service. Located at historic Chinatown, right by the MRT station, we are extremely well connected and within walking distance to many attractions in Chinatown, Little India, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, museums etc. You will be glad you chose Chinatown as you spend very little time and money on traveling.. Great care has also been taken to ensure that comfort and service remain top of our list and that you'd wish you had stayed longer. We pack the premise with: 1) anti-dustmite beds equipped with privacy curtains 2) free breakfast3) spacious entertainment areas 4) spacious outdoor dining terrace5) hostel-wide broadband WIFI (yes, even in your beds)6) the latest iMacs for free guest use7) individual reading lights 8) hairdryers, shampoo, shower gel5footway.inn presents a break from the conventional hostel with its well-defined personal and communal spaces, clever use of design and attention to details. At 5footway.inn, small is spacious and budget is boutique. Come experience this with people from all walks of life amid the comforts of modernity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Foot Way Hotel Singapore
- 5footway.Inn Project Chinatown 1 Singapore