“Marvellous experience”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Marvellous experience”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and in an area where there is very little in cost difference from shop to shop the Mahaco staff made all the difference. In fact we went back on our last day in Singapore to make more purchases. Great shop and great people. Well worth a visit for silks, fabrics, pashmina and more.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank GeriK74
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Roseville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great selection and great service”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was my third visit in three months and each time I found something new and wonderful. I bought beautiful scarves for myself and for gifts, and two beautiful bedspread ensembles. The owners are very friendly and helpful. great prices as well!

Visited July 2011
6 Thank CindyT1102
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best Silk Shop on Arab Street”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband I went to Mahaco Impex silk shop by chance.We are glad we did.We were sent over there by Mr Wong of WONG AND PENG TAILOR on Bussorah street.The staff are friendly, the lady we met took her time to show us the different silk material and some colour combination.She was very professional, draped the silk on me and asked that I stand in front of a mirror to see how the colour I pickedmatched my skin tone. She made suggestions and gave helpful advice.My husband who is not a big shopper got so involved he ended up buying me an extra set of material.We went back and bought some more silk. I plan to go back next time I am in Singapore.I highly recommend them.

Visited June 2011
8 Thank olibe26
Zuerich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best silk shop in Singapore”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

During my seven years in Singapore I was a regular shopper in Mahaco. As I know almost all the other silk shops in town I can say that this is the best one. They have a great choice, are very competent and helpful. My visits there were always a lot of fun and the only shop where you could have a look around without being annoyed or even cheated (price too high or not 100% silk). We left Singapore last year and the only thing I really miss are my friends from Mahaco.

Visited November 2010
16 Thank yvonne_switzerland62
Dublin, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Buying silk material”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I found this silk shop, Mahaco, 51 Arab St ,when I was in Singapore. I browsed through the shop slowly and was politely greeted by one of the employees. He was very knowledgeable about the silk fabric. He answered all my questions without hesistant and made a few jokes which made me laugh. They had variety of silk material choices and I bought some to make curtains for my house! I was indeed impressed!! I will bring my friends when I visit Singapore, again!!

Visited September 2010