“Kudos to the staff”

ibis Singapore Novena
Ranked #102 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed in this set up for 3 nights on a business trip 25 to 28 February. The location is most strategic with Novena Square shopping mall and MRT station just a stone throw away, Room is amazingly clean amidst being small, and staff is attentive to requests in suggesting places of interest and local eateries. Nice breakfast at the little cozy café. I had dinner in the café (I think it is called Open) for 2 nights out my 3 nights stay, as the prices is reasonable. I must give due recognition the staff who took our order during my dinner on 27 Feb, for apologizing courteously for missing out on our order of pizza, not because it was eventually on the house/or giving my little a glass of fresh milk but having in the honesty to tell us what actually happened (i.e. the kitchen missed out the order), in such circumstances, likely some other restaurants which might prone to give excuses. I think such approach of the restaurant does make a difference.

The Novena MRT station forms part of the North-South Line, which travelling to Orchard Road or Marina Bay Sands, most handy. I would love to return for the next business trip in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lifesacupcake
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Lifesacupcake

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Singapore Novena. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all the compliments to my team members.

Hope to see you again in your next visit to Singapore.

Yours Sincerly
The Guest Services Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

In 2012, I had many business trips to Singapore before I relocated to stay in Singapore. Thus, Ibis Novena had been an hotel to accommodate my business trips due to the fact that it is closest hotel to my office which is at Macpherson road. This is only reason that why I pick up this hotel.

Room: pretty small, I mean VERY SMALL. It is OK if you plan to stay at this city not over than 2 nights, over than that if you spend a lot of time in the room. It will drive you crazy... Simply say that it is only the place where you go back from your activity and sleep.

Location: Nearest MRT station is Novena which somehow you need to walk around 10 mins uphill to the station. Only pros is that it is 10 min walking distance to Loy Kee chicken rice which I found the best chicken rice in Singapore. !! Don't mixed up with Boon Tong Kee - please walk a bit further then you will find Loy Kee is opposite side to the tourist Boon Tong Kee.

Price: Even with my corporate rate, I found the price is considered on the high side - back to 2011 when I visit Singapore as a tourist, I pay 10-15% higher at Peninsula Excelsior and it is right at the middle of city center - city hall MRT station.

Conclusion:
If you are tourist, find some other place at the prime tourist spot.
If you are Business traveler and your office/client is not in Macpherson, Novena, Moulmein, Balestier, Toa Payoh, Potong Pasir area, find another place.

Cheers

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robynaga
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Robynaga

Thank you for sharing your experience at ibis Singapore Novena. We would like to get in touch with you, please do not hesitate to contact me at H7451-om@accor.com.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed overnight on the way to Europe. Cab driver from the airport did not know the hotel and I have to read address from my booking details. Bit of a hike to the MRT station with an uphill walk. Accommodation was at the usual Ibis standard - fast check in & out, clean room & same floor plan as other Ibis hotels. Found room I stayed in a bit smelly as if someone was smoking in the room before me. Bit far from Orchard Rd. I prefer the Ibis on Bencoolen compared to this.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear JoVee

Thank you for the comments and sorry for the lapse of service on the room condition. I will share it with my team and strive to improve further on the room quality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at H7451-om@accor.com for further assistance.

Yours Sincerly