“Not bad at all”

River City Inn
Tallinn, Estonia
“Not bad at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed many times in YMCA on Orchad Road but as they have raised their rates I searched for some alternatives. Seemed that hostel was only option (I had to give up from pool but my budget set the limits). So I choose no.1 based on others reviews. And I'm not disappointed.
Location - good enough. From airport it took 1,5h with metro to get there. It was on quiet street and it took me some time to find it as there was scaffholdings on the buildings.
Actually there is another high rated hostel also on lower floor.
Room - I always try to choose smaller room and hope that there are not people who have to get up early and start crackle with their things. So I was in 6 bed dorm and was satisfied. There was no windows but it was not needed anyway. There was fan and AC so it's possible to choose which one to use.
I also checked 23 bed dorm... it was big. Can't imagine how it's possible to sleep there :)
Facilities - there was 2 or 3 toilet rooms and showers what were cleaned regularly. Only downside is that during peak times there was a queue.
Breakfast - simple as it is in hostels. There was 1 banana per person and roasted bread with some kind of butter and Nutella.
What to do - there is 7eleven right across the street (no beer after 10pm).
For eating there is shopping centre appr 300 metres away - Starbaucks, Burger King (or was it McDonalds) and whole ground floor of local restaurants.

All in all - definitely stay another time if I can book smaller room.

Room Tip: It's not a secret that in hostels smaller rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is my second trip to Singapore but first timer when it comes to travel solo and mix dorm. I'm not really sure what to expect when I arrive but all went quite well. I don't have to wait too long before being shown around the place and finally to my bed. Wow, it sure remind me of the good old boarding-school days. The place is compact but clean and I particularly love the rain shower. My first night decidedly no-sleep (could be the first time thing) but second night I slept like the dead (could be because of all the long walks during the day). The location is an easy reach to the MRT (my main transportation) and thank you for lending me the umbrella! Singapore sure can turn sunshine to rain in a minute. All in all, I've a good stay.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

i stay almost 2 weeks in singapore, i try 4 hostels in those area, i can say that River City Inn is the best i had ever stay.

The service of them is excellent, everyone of the staff are super friendly and helpful, their warm
smile make feel like home.

The location is very near MRT station, and you can find something to eat easily at mid night. all the bed room and living room is very clean and tidy.

I can say that every time if i need to stay in singapore, River City Inn is my first choice. thank you so much~

Room Tip: early booking for reversion.
1 Thank jason862000
Suzhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Singapore is NOT a cheap place to visit but this inn is so worth your money! It is clean and centrally located. The beds and comfortable and the people are nice. We were travelling with small kids which wasn't a problem at all (thank you for the flexibility): we all slept great! I warmly recommend the River City Inn to all travellers!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Perfect place to stay whilst staying in Singapore. Extremely clean, and very chilled out place. Really nice and quite to escape the hustle and bussle of the city and relax especially after a long flight. I was in the 26 bed dorm but was pleasantly surprised, best sleep I had on my whole trip, little curtains around the bed for privacy, lockable lockers provided, bed made everyday which was lovely. Breakfast pretty good and everything so clean. Def best place to stay in Singapore. Also right next to MRT station.