“Hospitality at its BEST & decor to-die-for!”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #3 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Hospitality at its BEST & decor to-die-for!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Checked in to the Fullerton Bay on my Birthday. From the moment I stepped out of the Taxi to the moment I walked out onto the Balcony, nothing but amazing service and beautiful surroundings. The lobby and it's decor were superb, the rooms luxurious and the bed dreamy.

After a birthday dinner at the nearby Marina Bays Sands, I was pleasantly surprise by a decadent chocolate dessert left in our room, complete with birthday candles and the words "Happy Birthday" written in glorious milk chocolate. Absolutely delicious! With compliments from the hotel.

Each morning guests are treated to an elaborate buffet breakfast at the beautiful Clifford. Complete with TWG Tea, eggs prepared as you wish and each staff member refer's to you by your name. Not only that, but they remembered my husband's special order of French Toast the day before and offered to him that morning.

The hotel is also well know for it's amazing rooftop pool and cocktail bar (Lantern), with an amazing view of the famous Marina Bay Sands complex. The bar is frequented daily by hotel guests & external patrons, majority from the adjacent banking district.

The ONLY negative experience we had was on the Friday night. Our room was located on the 6th floor, with the rooftop bar being on the 7th floor. As you can imagine a Friday night can be a very busy night for Lantern Bar. Having arrived back at the hotel between 12 - 1am, I wanted nothing more but to lie in the dreamy bed and get a good nights rest before checking out and flying home the following day. Alas, the music from the rooftop bar was extremely loud. After phoning the front desk twice, once to ask what time the music would end (apparently 2am), and the second time at 2:30am to say that the music was still loud. On a positive note the front desk assured me from the first phone call that would request the bar turn their music down. The second time they assured me they would have the music turned off. Which they did.

Please NOTE: I'm not complaining about the staff or the hotel. One would just assume, hotel guests would not want to hear loud clubbing music from their rooms from the hotel's bar? Perhaps it's just me. I prefer my rooms to be quiet especially at 1am.

However, this issue would be easily solved by requesting a room on a lower floor. I suspect the party upstairs would only be an issue on Friday nights and Saturday nights.

In summary, I would highly recommend this amazing hotel !!

Room Tip: If staying over a Friday or Saturday night I would suggest asking for a room that is not on the 6th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WonderingRoni
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I checked on Friday 5th September at the Fullerton Bay Hotel compelled by good reviews and recommendations. Upon my arrival, I was denied the ability to check in on the basis of my young age and hotel policy. Luckily (for the hotel), my friend had accompanied me the hotel and helped me cosign. In all my years travelling across the world and checking into different hotels, I had never experienced such a policy. I asked the girl and her colleague: "Out of curiosity, had my friend not been here, how would I have checked in?". He replied in the most degrading manner, "Unfortunately Sir, you would have been unable to check-in". That's it? No alternative arrangement? I then pose this question to the Fullerton Bay Hotel: Had I not been able to check in? Where would I stay after spending 1000 dollars on my so-called luxury experience? I'm sure the bleak concrete pavement of Collyer Quay would have been a fine alternative. Not impressed.

After having formally been granted the privilege of proceeding to the next step of the check-in process, the woman asked for a card imprint for incidentals. I handed over my Mastercard with hopes that the hotel would not dig its own grave any further. She then had the audacity to say to me "Sir, we usually hold around 200SGD per night for incidentals, but given your age, I can just hold 200SGD for you if you're not planning to consume anything in the room". Excuse me, while I palm my own face. Coming from Australia, where everyone is treated equally, I did not expect to travel 8 hours to the Fullerton Bay Hotel for them to unload their ageist predispositions on me. Isn't my money just as good as anyone else's? Aged 19, 25, 30 or 50? Furthermore, shouldn't you asking me about the mini-bar use at the END of the stay? How am I to know if I will want to eat or drink anything before I have even checked in? And is it even your business? Go figure.

Being a conservative, conflict-averse individual I held my tongue, not keen to kick a fuss over something so seemingly insignificant compared to the rest of my holiday itinerary. Abysmal service for a lovely hotel. I will be not returning any time soon in the near future. Ritz Carlton, Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Pullman and the Four Seasons deserve my money, my family's money and my friends' money a great deal more.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank Vincent G
New York City
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at the Fullerton Bay Hotel the first couple of days of a two-week holiday. Having come all the way from New York City, we were very grateful that the front desk staff were expecting us (indeed, they greeted us by name as we crossed the lobby), and that the room was ready.

The room was fabulous. From the breathtaking view of the Marina Bay Sands, to the Nespresso machine, to the Bose dock, no detail had been overlooked. Bed was very comfy, and the shower a pleasure to use.

The hotel's facilities are excellent - the rooftop pool and bar is a standout, with fantastic views of the city and attentive staff. The breakfast was also a standout, with dishes to tempt every palate and equally attentive staff.

One quibble and two caveat. Quibble: the food at the bar was singularly lackluster, particularly for a city like Singapore that takes it's food so seriously. We'd recommend avoiding the food there - although the drinks and service were great, and the view was outstanding. First caveat: while the hotel is very convenient to the business district, it is less so to tourist sites. If you plan on taking a taxi, this should not be a problem, but if (like us) you are inclined to do some walking and/or take the MRT, you may find that the location of the hotel, between the marina and a difficult-to-cross main thoroughfare is not quite ideal. Second caveat: the hotel prides itself on its signature scent, which is detectable in the lobby and other public areas of the hotel. We enjoyed it, and it is very subtle, but persons with an aversion (or allergy) to such things are forewarned.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nhdb
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I'm a regular hotel-stayer in Singapore, with occasional stay-cation being a hobby of my partner and I. Last weekend, I decided to explore Fullerton Bay Hotel for a weekend stay with my partner. We booked their Premier Bayview jacuzzi room, and it's indeed a memorable experience with them.

Even at the first point of contact, via the sales reservation, I'm impressed with the services. The sales executive was very professional in handling my requests, and I can indeed sense her smile through the phone. Eunice Lim is the reservation sales executive servicing me, and I like to take this opportunity to compliment her first-class service and attitude.

During the checking-in, services was excellent too. We do not have to stand by the counter to wait for the procedures, instead we proceed to the patio for a refreshing drink while we waited. Once the checking-in procedure is completed, their staff came over to us to bring us to the room. We were impressed with the attitude, smiles and professionalism.

Being a surprise trip for my partner, I've requested with the reservations staffs to perhaps surprise her. I was not even required to input my thoughts into the process, and they took the initiatives to create a romantic touch to the room, by suggesting rose petals display, bottle of red wine, a small nice cake and a cute Fullerton bear for her. This is what I called a 7-stars hotel services.

Over the course of the trip, we could not come up with any examples of flaws with their services.
Room services call, reservation for dinner at Lantern Bar etc were all met with 1st-class service staffs.

In short, this hotel and its excellent services has indeed won a repeat customers in my partner and I. In fact we've decided to explore this hotel on a frequent basis.

Marco

Room Tip: Must-try: Their Premier Bay-view Room with jacuzzi. A room with the best view in the whole Singapore...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MarcoLim
East Sussex
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

A great location on the waterfront. The hotel is very modern and the rooms very similar to the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong. Every detail is considered in the rooms and they gave me the best nights sleep for a long time! The roof bar is good, although dead during the day. In the evening it comes alive and is a cool night spot. Only thing that let it down was the food in all the restaurants was not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business