“A fabulous place even with the night of no A/C”

The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
Ranked #1 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just in case you are wondering about the title we did lose A/C for about 36 hours, needless to say that does make it interesting when staying in a place a hot a humid as Singapore. It wasn’t just the hotel but also some of the surrounding business as well, I suspect someone made a mistake with the construction in the area. To the credit of the staff and the management they really did a fabulous job trying the best they could to calm down some unhappy guests, around midnight I was in the lobby watching everyone from maintenance to managers hauling fans from a truck and getting them to the rooms.

The location is very, quiet and good views. I especially liked the pool deck which is a wonderful place to have coffee in the morning or a drink as night.

The room amenities were really nice, the coffee bar was well stocked with premium tea and coffee and I even had a nice deck outside that I could sit on. The breakfasts were fabulous, not as big as some of the hotels but a really diverse choice of Western and Asian food. I highly recommend asking for Carrot or Apple because I believe they make it fresh on order from behind the bar, they also have fabulous coffee which can be hard to find in Asia.

I ate in my room one evening due to a late night conference call and had one of the best room service meals I have ever eaten, it was a spicy coconut curry noodle soup with really nice prawns. The soup was wonderfully flavored and as a bonus had two or three quail eggs in it, kind of like a treasure hunt in a bowl.

Right down the road is the Fullerton Hotel and around the corner is a really nice are of restaurants on the river, walking to Raffles City takes only 15 ( hot) minutes but at night it didn’t matter because you had to shower anyways.

I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sawbroadcast
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This hotel looked as Gorgeous as it looked in photographs.
Chose this hotel because it was newly built.

the rooms were spacious . The bathrooms were big.
the view from the hotel room was superb.
one of the finest hotels in singapore that i have stayed in.
The roof top bar and pool was excellent . Great Breafast spread.
always got up on time so that i dont miss my breakfast.
had a wonderful stay . would always come back and stay in this hotel.

Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: river facing room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tharuna
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Not much to add here from previous reviews as the superlatives are not exaggerated. This hotel is simply stunning and is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service is friendly and top class without being too over the top. Rooms are incredible, the bay view was stunning, especially at night time and the Lanterns bar was an incredible place to enjoy a drink overlooking the bay in the evening. Absolutely brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnilBose
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed two nights at this splendid hotel and would not go on about the wonderful rooms, views, staff, pool area, location etc etc. This has been amply covered by previous reviewers. and I would restrict this review to two points only:

1. I left some clothing behind in the room upon check out which I noticed when I arrived at my next destination, in Singapore at another meeting, and contacted the hotel and asking them to send it to me by taxi which I would pay for. After a number of phone calls and emails, I was told that I needed to pay 30 dollars remittance charge and could I forward a copy of both sides of my credit card and a form that they attached! After pointing out that I did not have a printer/scanner and that, had I stolen something, they would have debited the original card and, anyway, what was this amount compared to the overall bill I had just settled, the matter was concluded immediately and the clothing arrived with two further phone calls and an email of.apologies. Full marks for getting out of a situation that I had got us into and they tried make that little bigger at first!

2. Having a drink on our last night at the bar in the Foyer, we asked for two Mojitos which were completely different to those we were used to in the Post House Bar at the sister Fullerton Hotel which we have frequented for quite a few years. This got us to talking about which we preferred and we both decided that,despite the new clean presentation and luxury of the Bay, we both went for the older Fullerton and the warmth and atmosphere that we found lacking at the Bay

Room Tip: Overlooking the Marina, you can catch light shows and fireworks depending on the time of your visit!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ustaritz
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Found a huge difference between the older hotels in Singapore that I usually stay at for work (Four Seasons, Shangri-La) and the Fullerton Bay! It looks and feels newer, more modern but still doesn't seem too minimalist or bare - it definitely still exudes luxury. My room had a great view of the bay and was extremely comfortable. Love the smell (of jasmine?) that permeates the hotel and lobby. The rooftop bar is worth a visit, although it does make you feel self-conscious using the gym at night as it's on the same floor - but to get around that I went for a run around the Bay instead. Excellent location, overall excellent experience and excellent staff and service. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business