“Sheer bliss”

what can I say.
Stylish, contemporary design
incredibly friendly, helpful staff,
great restaurants,
modern, comfortable, well proportioned and clean rooms
Great roof top pool
Wonderful bar overlooking the bay
convenient location for the business district

If I would nitpick I'd say the Gym could be bigger, but that is minor. Oh and did I say if they are not doing deals it is EXPENSIVE

One of the best Hotels I've ever stayed in, and I travel about 60 days a year internationally.

Room Tip: try and go when its less busy as the price can be half of peak times
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Soaks1968
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Conducting business in the Raffles Place area, I usually opt for the Fullerton. The staff at the Fullerton are good to me, always ensuring I have a good room and there is something special about this stately hotel – it has such character. But on my early-morning laps around Marina Bay I always gaze into the opulent Fullerton Bay Hotel (the Fullerton's younger sister hotel) with wanting eyes. The beautiful chandeliers, the sparkle from the marble… it always looked just a little “ritzier” and more vibrant than the ol' stalwart Fullerton.

So I was not disappointed when I was told that the Fullerton was full and I’d been booked into the Fullerton Bay instead. However, at that stage, I didn’t know that I my expectations would soon not be met…

They were exceeded. The check-in process was swift, the staff were friendly and within minutes I was being shown to my room. The room was great. I don’t think it was anything more than their entry-level room, but it was grand. Walnut accents, soft materials covering the walls, stylish (not gaudy or dated) marble bathrooms , with separate shower and toilet, which I prefer. A great deep bath with a tub of bath salts provided, along with Molton Brown amenities.
The room wasn’t huge, I’d say about 30m2, but it didn’t feel cramped. It was a fine size for one (or even a couple) for a few days. If I’m staying longer, I prefer a larger room – but I wasn’t and this is no criticism of the hotel – this is their entry-level room after all.

The room also had a great little balcony from which one could enjoy the amazing views over Marina Bay and the historic Clifford Pier… It had the usual modern features and connectivities (complimentary WIFI, HDMI inputs, Bose iPod dock, etc.), a Nespresso machine with six pods replaced daily as well as some excellent Gryphon tea (an assortment of 6 varieties – 2 of each).

We dined at Clifford for a late dinner one night, which was fine. Breakfast there was also good. The staff were outstanding and greeted me by name after the first visit.

The roof-top bar and pool is fantastic too...

Now, I fear, I may find myself disappointed when I’m told the Fullerton is not full - I've got a thing for her younger sister!

It isn't cheap, but you certainly get what you pay for...Well done Fullerton Bay!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are on the outside, so most should be great. The rooms on the Left and Front (wate...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PPW-BNE
Southern Highlands, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Arriving at the Fullerton Bay (just across the street from its big brother The Fullerton) one is greeted at the front door and escorted to the reception desk by a friendly and chatty doorman. The walk to reception takes you past the Landing Point where I enjoyed a fabulous high tea – the cost around $45 which includes a glass of bubbly (prosecco) and unlimited plates of delicious savouries and sweet treats. You are guaranteed a warm and friendly greeting from the reception team who are very accommodating and efficient.
The rooms are spacious, modern and stylish with all the latest mod cons – free wireless connection, cable TV, a very comfortable king bed with fine linen and a sumptuous well-appointed bathroom.
I stayed at the FB for 3 nights where daily, I enjoyed breakfast including eggs made to order. I spent several hours in the evenings at the roof terrace bar “Lantern” enjoying cocktails and a lovely view over the river. During the day when “the beautiful people” are not downing Singapore Slings and other colourful concoctions that roof top pool is a quiet oasis from the bustle of Singapore below.
However, my dining experience in The Clifford was an expensive let down. The wine list is very pricey and the food was trying to be French but in an old fashioned, and not very successful way. My tip is to dine out – Singapore has a wealth of fantastic dining experiences to suit all budgets and cuisines. But I will certainly be coming back at the Fullerton Bay Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed for a week as part of an extended Asian holiday. It was an unexpected hit with my kids and my wife. Staff are excellent, food is very good, roof top Lantern Bar wonderful, infinity pool stunning and the rooms very smart. I have spent a lot of time in fancy hotels and this is one of the best. I think the reason is the small scale of the property, around 100 rooms, which made for a very personal experience. The Lantern bar was a bit unfriendly to residents, preference given to high rolling locals. And other reviewers are right about the comedy concierge who knows almost nothing. Yes, it's expensive, especially in you pay in GBP like me, but it felt worth it.

Room Tip: As always, higher is better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Well_travelled_Dad
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The Fullerton Bay is the Hotel to stay in Singapore, I will not go anywhere else in the future. All aspects of my stay were under control of the accurate but still so spontaneous and caring staff. Rooms are just what you expect with great amenities, excellent audio / TV systems, great comfort beds (as good as "W Hotels" beds, my reference), small but confortable balcony over the sea. Lantern restaurant / pool & gym area on the rooftop is just the perfect place to work out, swim or enjoy drinks & good food with friends... if you add great music by resident DJ Damien, providing eclectic sounds throughout the evening: you'll never leave the place.
This Hotel is perfectly managed, with a great but very up scale "Boutique" taste (100 rooms) which makes it trully unique. Definitely a must stay / see place in SG!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business