“Really Enjoyed "MBS", but MBS can always do better....”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #37 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We really enjoyed Marina Bay Sands Singapore, arriving on Aug 15, on my wife’s birthday, stayed until Aug 18, the day after my birthday.
MBS has it all, a Casino, a lavish shopping mall, restaurants and a sufficient Food Court. Just on top of the MRT station, make the Hotel the best place to stay for seeing more of Singapore, beyond the MBS complex.
We selected the Club room, and given the room at the 39th floor. I believe it is the best buy for MBS. Beautiful view from our room, day and night we did not care to close our curtains…really enjoyed the view.
Try most of the complementary privileges, given to Club room guest, selection of breakfast restaurants, Afternoon Tea, Cocktail & Canapé Hour and the internet Wifi. We did not visit The Club at Marina Bay Sands, but tried the pool and Jacuzzi in the Sky.
I had the chance to see the Japanese “Tao Drums” show at the MBS Theater. It is easy to book the seats through the internet. But as I make my booking just the night before the show, gave me not many seats left to select. We spend most of our time in Singapore, just around MBS. The plan to contact friends and meeting them, was from postponed to cancelled…. I only go to my favorit Sin Heng Claypot Bak Kut The at Joo Chiat, grab a bowl of my wife's must have, laksa at Prima Taste and meet a friend while sipping TWG at the MBS Canal bridge.
Other than that, we spen our time at MBS. It was agood experinec and we can suggest you to have the same excellent experience at MBS. I have no complaint with the service, but maybe it is good to have seats in the VIP Lounge reception area ? And have more electric plugs in the room, for the Nespresso coffee maker and electric kettle and all the gadgets need to be recharged, cameras, handphones, IPads, laptops… Plugs on the writing desk is just not enough, the slot next to the TV was empty. By design where do you suggest us to place the espresso machine ?
We were very happy spending our special time together at the MBS this year. I have many relative and friends, who celebrate their special day in August, I wish them, be happy and all the best, on their special day. For MBS it seems that guest birthdays are still not considered as a guest relationship plan ? But I believe MBS is not dedicated only for Casino players.
Nevertheless, I think, we will be back to MBS and will spend more time at the Casino, in the near future.......

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear ghidayat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. I am really happy to hear that you and your family had great stay at Marina Bay Sands for two birthday celebrations! I am glad that you enjoyed your Club Room and its privileges at The Club at Marina Bay Sands on the SkyPark, as well as the opportunity to catch Drum Tao at the Theaters.

I have taken note of your feedback regarding seats at the VIP Lounge and electrical sockets in the guestrooms. I will be sure to review your feedback with the relevant departments.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel has become a landmark at the waterfront of Singapore. The three towers appearing to support a boat at the top is a wonderful sight to behold, anytime of the day. At the Infinity Pool, located at the 57th storey of the hotel, it is crowded but not so crowded that it turns you away. The attraction there is not the swim but the fantastic skyline and landscape of Singapore and beyond. On one side is the Singapore River with iconic buildings while on the other is the Gardens by the Bay.

The supertrees are exciting to behold and we could not wait to walk the gardens. But time was not on our side. As we swam, we were impatiently thinking how wonderful it would be to walk the gardens and see the beautiful scenery. So we could not wait any longer and went to the bathroom below to wash up. We were surprised that there was only one shower-room and without any bench for us to put our clothes etc. I suppose the management thinks that we would wear the white robe and proceed to have a wash up in our hotel room. Yes we could do that, but isn't it convenient if we could have a wash up before we go to our room or out to the gardens? If the management should read this, they should consider this because the comments came not only from me but those who washed up there.

Gardens by the Bay on the other hand have nothing by praise from anyone visiting it. The main garden allows us to walk, take pictures, stand and stare. Although it was day time and the supertrees were not lighted up, they were impressive and good for memories. From the Gardens, we could see the skyline of Marina Bay Sands and again the majestic hotel triggered our excitement to take pictures again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Hotel was clean and tidy. Beds were quite hard. In room air-con had trouble keeping the temperature constant. Concierge was very helpful at providing directions and travel tips. Room service was unacceptably slow.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
aacortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Anthony112233,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that our Team Members from Concierge assisted with your needs and that you and your partner had a comfortable visit.

I regret to hear that you experienced challenges with regards to room service. Please be assured that I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department heads for their review.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Completely inconsistent and confused hotel - each division of the hotel does not seem to communicate with the other (reception, bellboys, concierges etc) so it's almost like they're separate divisions of the business. When we arrived on the airport transfer bus, we were told by the bellboys to leave our bags with them and go check in. Then we went to reception (waaaay at the other side of the complex) and eventually checked in as the reception staff were very slow, and were told we had to go back and get our own bags as they had nothing to do with the arrival bellboys. Similar experience when we checked out - had to make our own arrangements to get our bags down to the transfer bus.

Room was good size, rooftop pool area was nice but always crowded, but overall feel of the hotel was that it was accommodation attached onto a massive shopping complex full of premium brands. Breakfast food & service were both awesome though.

In summary, the hype of the hotel doesn't meet reality in our opinion, won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YoungUnprofessionals

Dear YoungUnprofessionals,

I regret to learn about the challenges you and your partner experienced during check-in which may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit. Please be assured that your recent experience is not the standard we wish to adhere to at Marina Bay Sands.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing from you so that we can investigate and improve on the details that you have provided feedback on. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is our second trip to Singapore in the last six months and this time we stayed at the Marina Bay Sands, WOW what a hotel, the room was enormous and had every thing we desired and the breakfast was vast with so many choices. The view from the 57th floor is amazing and the pool area is great to sit back and watch the world go by.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the city as the noise from the freeway side can be annoying if your on a l...