“outstanding hotel but cold reception” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #36 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Anglet, France
“outstanding hotel but cold reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

The rooms are modern and comfortable without any doubt,
the building is crazy: stunning view from the riverside and on top of the building (or the cherry) crazy swimming with great view over Singapore.
The only bad point for me is this HUGE reception hall that gives the hotel a cold impression and it is missing a warm welcome as any other smaller high quality hotel of Singapore.

Room Tip: ask the room facing Singapore as the other ones are facing the highway but can't imagine the tra...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank julien l
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear julien, I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us and particularly enjoyed the breathtaking views of Singapore from the SkyPark.

However, I regret to learn you did not receive a warm welcome on your arrival. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant experience throughout their entire stay with us.

Allow me to assure you that we will continue to fine tune our processes and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,046)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Checked in on line to avoid queues. Arrived at around 6pm, to be told that we would just have to wait in the queue, there was no difference. I showed 3 different staff members the notification stating that we could go straight to a specific spot and not be in a queue. 2 staff members were totally indifferent, but the third went off, came back, and took us to a quick check in. We were in tower 1, with city views. Our room was very large with spectacular views of city, marina and light shows in the evening. We had requested two beds, but found only one. However an extra bed was made up immediately. Bathroom terrific.
Service was splendid, after initial check in issues, and we felt very special. We did not like the downstairs breakfast area, too big and too many people, so we had breakfast at the restaurant on the same floor as the pool. Fantastic service there - top marks to all the staff in that area, and the breakfast was superb.
Pool was spectacular and surrounds wonderful for relaxing and reading, and good to find an area of the pool without small children.
Close to bus and train, and never a wait for a taxi, the latter bing very cheap.
Concierge extremely helpful, and the business centre was very efficient and helpful also.
Whilst a huge hotel, with a casino is not my normal type of hotel, it was a wonderful change for a few days.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear arapuni, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am disappointed to learn about the service shortfalls you encountered upon check-in and I have conveyed your feedback to our Front Office team for their appropriate action.

I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was a success and I sincerely appreciate your kind compliments on our Team Members. It is encouraging to hear from a valued guest that our Team Members contributed to making your stay a special one.

Once again I apologize for the inconveniences you initially experienced and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed in a suite which was expensive, had great views and we received very good service but the furniture was scruffy and battered not up to a 5 star standard in terms of fit out.
Used the club lounge for breakfast and afternoon tea and this was good.
Problem with the pool is that's so busy as non hotel guests pay to use it.
Had super manicure and pedicure at the OPI salon in the shopping complex but show your SIA boarding pass for 20 percent discount.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, alicia18. I am glad to hear that our service standards have remained consistent since your last visit.

I have shared your feedback regarding the condition of the furniture with our Housekeeping team for their review and appropriate action.

With regards to the infinity pool, use of the pool is exclusive to Marina Bay Sands hotel guests. Members of the public who purchase a ticket to the Public Observation Deck can sign up for our SkyPark guided tours which allows them to view the pool and gardens only.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
melbourne australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at MBS in April 12 and I was very excited to be staying there but I have to say for the price it doesn't come up to expectation. The property is rated as 5 star but i think it is an exaggeration to be rated as a 4 star.
We were in a suite, the carpet was badly stained, the upholstery was grubby and floors badly marked but when you have almost 100% occupancy why care!!
I thought the pool was fabulous and I loved breakfast in the Sky on 57. It was also an advantage having an MTR station in the property but aside from that I think the property is overpriced for the standard of room.
There are better deals in Singapore

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suzies1
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear suzies1, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your recent visit with regards to the condition of your room. I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here as a family and it was lovely, the pool area was well serviced and cared for, We were in tower one and the rooms were clean and well designed. Only downside was the smell from the toilet area, a very distinct raw sewerage smell. This was temporarily solved the three times we had to mention it. Room service was quick polite and efficient. Restaurant areas were clean well serviced and run, try the top restaurant for breakfast it's not so busy. We had a medical emergency while we were there and the concierge was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are excellent , but check for the smell in the bathroom before unpacking
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Debbie S, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us here.

I am glad to hear that our Concierge Team Members succeeded in providing personalized service during your medical emergency. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day for our guests by setting standards of service excellence that are unparalleled in Singapore.

With regards to your comment about the smell from your toilet, I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.