“A remarkable icon added to the Singapore skyline.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“A remarkable icon added to the Singapore skyline.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

MBS is not just a hotel accommodation facility, but a mini city in its own right.
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands offer all the global brands under one roof, including the LV flagship store, Gucci, Bottega Vaneta, Prada, Rolex and Patek Philippe.
It boasts one of Singapore's few casino and includes its very own MRT station.
The Skypark on the 57th floor gives amazing views of the city, although the pool would benefit from some heating. Singapore weather, as overcast as it is some times, does not allow the sun to heat the pool to a pleasant temperature.
Even though the Singapore MRT is so efficient, access to City Hall or Orchard MRT requires a couple of train changes.
The rooms are comfortable and always clean. Service is quick, professional and very friendly. Staff go out of their way to ensure your stay is made pleasurable and one to remember.
And the scent emitted at the Check-in counter at Tower 1 is devine.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Billyboykid
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Billyboykid, thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience during your recent visit and there is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Your compliments on our Team Members’ service standards will be an added boost to our efforts in creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,180)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been staying here few time, and every time I've not been disappointed by them as the services is real good. The room service food is nice especially the je yuk book um, n lamb rack, will come back for this hotel again for sure

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear kwputt, thank you for your continuous support. I am heartened to hear that our high service standards continue to make an impressive mark on you. We value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was on business travel, staying for a week. I had requested king room, high floor, smoking (don't judge me), with city views, and all requests were honored when I checked in. It was very late in the evening (early morning) and check-in was quick and painless. The room was on the large size, very clean, wonderful view of the city through the large windows. Bathroom was large and spacious, with a stand-alone deep tub and a large walk-in shower with bench. Room had a couch with coffee table, desk with multiple jacks, plugs, adapters, etc. Internet was both wired and wireless, and consistent with no issues. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. My room had both a cappuccino maker and the standard kettle for heating water, with complimentary "pods" (good) and instant coffee (average), tea, etc. - I had co-workers in the same hotel who said they did not have the cappuccino maker in the room. As others have mentioned, careful on ordering food and drink... anywhere in the hotel. My first morning I went to the spectacular roof Sky Park for breakfast/brunch. After getting told I wasn't allowed in the "Club" restaurant - whatever - I went down to the one on end for us common people :) I always like to take a look at the spread before committing and while it looked average/above-average the price for the lowest tier was $88 SGD ($70 USD) - and went up from there (if you wanted to add alcohol). A lot to pay for the view. The downstairs large main restaurant was about 1/2 the price for a better selection. In my opinion, all the food/drink is expensive throughout the property (in USD of course). Overall, I like the hotel, the architecture, views, shops, etc. etc. are great - plus the staff is very nice, and the service was excellent for a place this size.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank opivp
Dear opivp, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and its facilities. The Club at Marina Bay Sands is an exclusive lounge for our Club Room and Suite guests and I hope that you will have to opportunity to visit us again as a Club Room guest to enjoy the privileges.

Thank you for your compliments on our friendly Team Members. I am delighted that our service standards exceeded your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our destination has to offer.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Spent 4 nights at the Marina Bay Sands and while the room was above expectations the whole place is just to big. Breakfast in the main restaurant was pricey and like standing in line at your local cafeteria.By the time you got back to the table the meal was cold.Even though there was more staff on the floor than i have seen in other hotels it was still hard to get a coffee or tea refill.The pool is truly amazing but i question whether it is the difference between paying top dollar here or going to another hotel that provides service and attention to the details.

Room Tip: Stay in the middle tower as there is better access to the whole hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear walasia, thank you for your review. Rise Restaurant is a top choice among our hotel guests and we are continuously reviewing ways to improve the experience during peak periods.

We have a variety of alternative breakfast venues, such as South Coast, TWG and Rasapura. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our F&B department heads for their review and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more comfortable stay.
Bandon, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was a splurge for us, and well worth it. I felt like I was on top of the world. The infinity pool is as awesome as it looks. And there are two (or three?) hot tubs as well, with views of the sea. And the rooms are very nice. We stayed only one night, but eeked a grand twenty-six hours out of our stay with an early check-in and late check-out. We didn't get a complimentary breakfast as I see another reviewer got, but the muffins in a little coffee shop were outstanding. The location of the hotel is sandwiched between two highways so there is no place to walk around outside. However, there is an underground walkway to the Marina Sands Mall and Casino, so there is a lot to see and do within the complex.

Room Tip: I don't have a comparison, but we were in Tower Three on the 37th floor and were very happy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear GoodKarmaTraveler, I appreciate your wonderful review. I am delighted that you chose to stay at Marina Bay Sands during your visit to Singapore and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands, maybe for a longer stay the next time, to experience more of what our destination has to offer.