“Good quality Italian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mad for Garlic

Mad for Garlic
Ranked #1,288 of 10,506 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hong Kong
“Good quality Italian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Nice family restaurant for Italian food. The restaurant is nicely decorated with garlic hanging off the walls. The big booths are comfy and can accomodate large groups of people. The restaurant was small so we had to wait a while for our seats inside. Service is slow but the food is pretty decent. It is on its expensive side though so be prepared to pay up.

• Visited August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Tasty...but vastly overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My family accompanied me on two occasions to Mad for Garlic, and we felt unsatisfied both times. The array of items we sampled were delicious, but the combination of high cost and smaller portion-size undercut our otherwise favorable impressions of this restaurant.
The garlic-centric menu is an interesting novelty, but it doesn't excuse the alarming expense of dinner for a family of four.

• Visited October 2011
“Professional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My friend and I arrived at Mad For Garlic at around 730pm on a Thursday evening, without prior reservation. We were greeted by this staff we believe is the floor manager.
With a smile, he immediately led us in to a table. Menus were already on the table so we dove right into deciding on our mains.

It took us a while because we were pretty undecided. We finally settled on 2 mains and a side which was the garlic bread tower (i believe) which was garlic bread with raw garlic bits.

While I had made up my mind on my main course, my friend had a few queries and had to find out if they could adhere to her complicated request. When the Floor manager came over to take our orders, she brought up her requests, all of which, they are unable to do and mentioned to us that they could only go to the extend of switching up the spiciness level of foods but are unable to change things around, which he apologised for. She then decided on a different main altogether (Dancing Salsa Beef Rice), while I got the Mushroom & Spinach Risotto which came with a huge chunk of very tenderly grilled chicken thigh. Because they weren't able to make my friend's special requests, the floor manager very nicely offered us complimentary drinks of our choice, out of the wine menu which was a very nice gesture.

Speaking of gestures, while we were waiting for our food to arrive, we were brought our drinks first which also came with 2 cups of water which the waiter had placed by the edge of the table. So as we were talking, my friend made a gesture which unfortunately, knocked over the cup of water. The cup was fine but the floor became a mini pool. Immediately, a female wait staff came over with a bunch of napkins to offer both ourside and the table next to us. The next thing we knew, she was down on her knees soaking up the water with napkins! This is something that I've NEVER seen before, usually the staff gets a mop out (yes, in the middle of a dining room with food around) and just mops but no one goes down on their knees to SOAK up water with napkins. I was very impressed at her quick reaction. After all the hoo-ha, we continued talking and after a while, realised that we have not seen the service staff leave yet, so i took a peek and she was STILL soaking up the remaining bit of water.

Now, on to the food. The dancing salsa beef rice was pretty much fried rice with an egg, beef and some salsa served on a hotplate. The waiter would come by and ask if you'd want him/her to mix it up for you which my friend agreed to. This particular service staff was a little rough and as he was mixing, we saw rice fly out, along with a good piece of beef. However, the portions are pretty reasonable so it wasn't a terrible lost but it wasn't nice to see either. My risotto came and it was AMAZING. Creamy & cheesy but not overpowering with a good mushroom taste. The spinach was very subtle, almost non-existent but I think it works. The chicken was SO GOOD. Tender, juicy and everything in between! I was in heaven and even though I was stuffed, i couldn't let the risotto go to waste so i finished the last bit.

It was a good thing I had a cup of hot green tea with me.

All in all, it was good food with great service and I am planning my next visit already for a good risotto fix although, I really should try their other food items available...

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank anoif85
Belgium
“If you are mad for garlic and pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I'm not sure what the theme is; the decor is all garlic and wine. Is it supposed to remind me of an Italian vampire cemetary? Kinda dark.

They don't hold reservations past 7pm so if you are meeting after work, best to make sure at least one of you can get there before 7pm and wait for the rest, lest you lose the table you reserved.

The Garlic Snowing pizza thingamajig was nice but best eaten warm (pls share!). The steak cam with enough garlic to make EDWARD turn pale(r). Seafood pasta is a recommended dish. So is the butter garlic shrimp dish with the spicy sauce to kick things up a notch.

But truly not the BEST place we've had pizza/steak/shrimps. Kinda expensive. If you wanna just try, go ahead. It's not bad. If you are choosy, cook at home?

• Visited August 2011
singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVERAGE FOOD-HIGHER THAN AVERAGE PRICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

went to mfg with a bunch of colleague and most of us had pizza (garlic snowing pizza) and pasta.We had mixed feeling about the food.Most of us thought that the serving for the food was not generous enough and that the price was a bit steep.Overall food was so-so

1 Thank geniemanic