“Loved this place! Will be back!”
Review of Wow Hostels

Wow Hostels
Ranked #259 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
london
“Loved this place! Will be back!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in a dorm room here, which was lovely, clean and spacious. We were AMAZED to find 2 pillows each and a duvet (the only hostel to do this on our whole trip!)
The owner was lovely and a good breakfast was provided. We felt really at home here and would definately stay again. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Imogencook
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2011

OK so first of all, I am not from Singapore, I did not know that Geylang was a mildly dodgy area. The location itself was a bit odd. It was not close to town at all really. I felt a bit weird arriving at night into Aljuneid Station (which admitedly it is very close to) and having men, I know they are Singaporean men but still, watch me as I looked for the hostel.

Second, it is split across two very separate buildings with no sign on the stairwell for the second one. I nearly went up the wrong stairwell every time I got back there as I was in the second building.

It appeared to have a number of female foreign workers living there, which is fine but changed the atmosphere of the place from backpackerish to hall of residenceish in my opinion. The first night I stayed there was a Saturday and there was quite a bit of road noise until quite late too.

I mean, I was ok with it. It was not a bad place to stay, the guy who runs it was nice but it is not what I was used to having backpacked in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the UK.

I wouldn't stay there by myself again, especially since it's a bit out of central Singpore, but if I was with my partner or a friend, maybe.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RaeNZ88
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I Stayed there 8 nights.

Good things: location is good, free internet, laundry service, tv room.

the place was dirty, we booked a 8 ppl room but one of our friends could not come so we thought we could have had a spare bad but there was a random Korean guy in our room (first: we were all girls, second: we did not say that our friends was not coming, what if she was there?)

There are 4 toilets for something like 60 ppl and we were all there for a conference so all waking up at the same time...kitchen is in front of two of the toilet. breakfast include toast and jam and cereals (but bring your own milk)

The picture they postes in hostelbookers are not reflecting the reality as the 8 ppl room is 3 time bigger than what it is in reality.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank silviola86

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Private room with AC, 24-hrs wifi, very friendly staff, shower room was clean, 300m from MTR...excellent choice in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melinda2810
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My kids and I enjoyed our 6 days stay in the hostel. The manager, Son, gave us a room for ourselves which was what we really wanted. If you want to meet people, they have boarding rooms. Our private room suited our needs and we were a stone's throw away from the MRT. Shower rooms were clean, our room was air-conditioned and we had 24-hrs wifi. Good value for money!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family