“Le Hotel: Strategic, Quiet, Clean, Reasonable Price”
Review of Hotel Conforto

Hotel Conforto
Ranked #123 of 230 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Le Hotel: Strategic, Quiet, Clean, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I coincidentally saw Le Hotel during my stay at Clark Quay area earlier. I booked Le Hotel single room with shared bathroom on Thursday July 5th 2012 via Agoda special rate @Sing$85, and it was a very good deal. Although the room looks like a prison cell, but surprisingly it fit very well with my needs! What I need is a quite room for one-night sleep, not too pricy, clean, and with easy access to public transport, but I don't want to share with others.

The single room at Le Hotel is very small, but as long as you are typical Asian size then it still manageable. The bed is ok, not too hard like other budget hotel, but not soft either. They provide a coffee maker and one bottle of water, and although small there's plenty of space to put your stuff.

Public bathroom located 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor which they keep neat and clean, and in fact all premises are well kept with fresh odor. Kudos to all house keeping team.

Free wifi available but not work on my laptop, but since my room just few step from their public PC then fine with me.

If you want a budget accommodation below Sin$100/night on strategic location, clean but also want some privacy, Le Hotel will be your hidden gem.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank kputra
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The best thing Le Hotel has going for it is the excellent location; the hotel is near an MRT station and is along major bus routes. Taxis often pass the main road.

On my floor, presumably all single rooms, 6 rooms in total shared the bathroom. My biggest complaint (which really isn't all that big) is that both the shower & toilet are housed in the same bathroom. Singapore HDB flats normally separate them so that they can both be used at the same time.

My single room had a kettle (HUGE plus for me), a television (rarely used) and an air-conditioner. I also had a small window that opened up to pretty much nothing. I can't comment whether all rooms have windows - some reviews seem to point otherwise - but I did appreciate that I could let in fresh air every morning.

I was provided a fresh towel every morning. I also got some bath soap & shampoo which I didn't use.

Closet space was small but at least they provide hangers.

Free WiFi in the rooms but there were 2 nights when the WiFi went down. There are also 2 free-to-use PCs connected to the Internet via LAN. The Internet did go down one morning but it was fine for the rest of my stay.

The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms, the bathroom, the common area... kudos to the cleaning crew!

All in all, Le Hotel is thus far the best budget accommodation I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Some reviewers have said that not all rooms have a window. If you want a window, best to request a r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bandung, Jawa Barat,Indonesia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had superior room with window ( most of room have no window) ..the room is clean n has a free wifi, the bathroom was more large than the other budget hotel i'd ever visited..5 minutes walk to MRT station..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dubbo, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We arrived and they double booked after causing us stress they sorted it out a day later. so we continued to stay. Forgot to clean our room one of the 8nights but that's ok i dont mind but I asked reception for a towel and they were unable to give us one :( jug didn't work and only one tv channel but other then that it's value for money in a great location :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank CGowans25
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel is clean, has a stylish lobby and free wifi, but most importantly is in an excellent location. We stayed in room 201 which had a large window and a private bathroom and was more spacious than I expected from reading the reviews. Yes, the room is small but I found the space was practical and tastefully done with fun colors on the walls. I have stayed in much smaller hotel rooms in Europe.
We checked out at noon but had an 01:30 flight early the next morning. We left our bags at the hotel and when we returned in the evening we at least had a comfortable lounge and access to wifi while waiting to leave for our flight -- we were even offered use of the bathroom with a shower on the second floor (some rooms have a shared bathroom).
If you are reasonable about your expectations and on a budget but location is a priority, I don't think you can do better than this place. We wrote the hotel directly to request a room with window and private bathroom and paid 160 S$.

Room Tip: Write the hotel directly to request a room with private bathroom and a window. We were in room 201 w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple