“Quick Overnight”

Aqueen Hotel Lavender
Ranked #167 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2012

After reviewing many hotels in Singapore we decided to stay at the Aqueen Hotel Lavender. It is one of the more economical hotels for the quality. Very clean, decent size room and bath with good window light. The staff in the hotel and cafe are very friendly. We went to this hotel after being on a cruise. When we arrived our room was not ready, so they stored our luggage in a locked room. We ate lunch and dinner in the attached cafe and the food is very good.
Since we had a 5:15 am flight the next morning, the lady who waited on us at dinner volunteered to fix us a breakfast to take with when we left the hotel at 2:30 am. The breakfast of tuna sandwich, banana, and hard boild egg for each of us was waiting when we checked out.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dennis C

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice room, a bit small, but well designed and well-lit. Very clean also with decent breakfast. Taxi is also easy to get while MRT is 10 mins walk. the only minus is the location, next to singapore casket.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Olie92
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Will stay here again! small rooms, great breakfast, and awesome staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank F35Captain
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I think I had the worst room in the hotel (213), so perhaps other rooms might be better.... Unfortunately the hotel was full so I spent 2 sleepless nights there. Lavender street is unbelievably busy, even at 02:00 when I arrived. My room faced the street and had almost full windows on the wall which were poorly insulated for sound.

On the positive side, the room is not much more expensive (I paid 150 SGD/nt) than the bottom Fragrance or 81 hotels. The wireless and good breakfast are free also. The rooms are really tiny but make good use of the space (though the bed is short). The bathroom is much better than the 2 hotels above.

The area of the hotel is not great, being mostly industrial and far from the train.

I would like to try the hotel again, but only if the hotel was not crowded and I could get a quiet room.

Room Tip: make sure your room does not face Lavender st.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lcf-guy
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Got there for my second honeymoon. About 15 minutes walking from MRT Lavender. Next to Singapore Casket, but it' no big deal for me. Small room with complete amenities, for young couple it's a great choice...but not for families and big size person. I'm a petite person, but i got my elbow bruised when i washed my hair at tiny bathroom (attention : the bathroom partition is a glass wall with some blur sticker).

When i choose this hotel, i thought i got modern room with quiet environment. But you can hear noises from street an some annoying people next door. My husband called resepsionist 3 times because at 3AM next door guest still laughing and singing, but no respond at all.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple