The Mitraa
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
US$ 133
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 208
US$ 164
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 187
US$ 183
Hotels.com
US$ 198
US$ 188
Agoda.com
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 303
US$ 208
Official Site
  • Pool
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 262
US$ 193
US$ 330
US$ 253
  • Pool
Ramada Singapore At Zhongshan Park(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 627
US$ 412
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewsfarrer park mrt stationlittle indiaexit bfemale dormbreakfast was includedhostelac
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Service was great from the moment i booked the room through email right up to the end of the trip. Booking the room was easy as the staff replied the emails quickly and efficiently. When we arrived, we were greeted by Jonahs who was very helpful. In fact, all the staff were too. Also, the hostel is very conveniently located as it is near the MRT station. Toilets and rooms are also reasonably clean. Only problem were the blankets which were too thin. Could do with better blankets.

Overall, i'd recommend the place for budget travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Came here with my family during our visit to Singapore November last year. My sister recommending this place as quite suitable for our budget travel at that time. Found easy to reach located just around the corner of Serangoon Rd, which near to Farrel Park MRT station through 5-minutes-distance walking. Or you could take bus from in front of this hostel. Although quite distance from airport; takes around 15-20 minutes to get here, the neighborhood is somewhat useful, especially to those budget traveler. The famous Mustafa shopping center is within 10-minutes walking distance. Surely easy enough to reach the one-stop shopping place.
Breakfast were simple; coffee/tea, banana, apple, toast, and eggs..healthy though.
The room was clean, made-up bed. Very simple room with none window, simple bathroom. Air con is provided. Wi-fi were on, but signal wasn't very strong in the room, many took their laptop to the couch near lobby. The service were nice. Overall, it is recommended for budget traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

i stay for 12 days away from my home n singapur and ist time visit to some place but at mitra i dont find any diferrence between i m living at my home and hostle.
all staf very nice and cooperative .

i will prefer it in my future also
thanku

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I arrived here after 28 hours of travelling. Jonas was here and provided me with everything I needed. He is a very friendly person and is an added value for the hostel. The hostel itself (the room and bathroom) is very clean which is very important for me. Also the bed is very nice and I slept very well. When I am coming back to Singapore I will definitely book again with The Mitraa.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tessa v
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed there for a night with a group of friends and one of them was in charge of booking the room. When booking, she specifically requested for the 6 bed mixed dorm as there were six of us and it would fit our group perfectly. She was assured that the room was available and that it would be of no problem.

However, when we got there, the staff at the reception said that he had to split our group as there are two other female guests who had booked for two beds in the mixed dorm room we were supposed to be in. We got rather upset at this as he could've notified us earlier if this was to be the case, instead of assuring that we would have what we asked/paid for. If we had known of this earlier, we could've reconsidered another location but they chose to only tell us when we got there which was a very disappointing first impression.

My friend who sorted out the booking argued for us to get what we requested for. First, he said he'll check to see whether their sister hostel had the space we wanted but they didn't. He eventually settled (reluctantly, I might add) for giving us the whole room and said that he'll talk to the two female travelers who were *apparently* supposed to stay in the mixed room as "they would be more understanding of the situation". It didn't help that he said it with such a sarcastic tone, which we all immediately took note of. Honestly, we wouldn't have mind much if he had told us of all this earlier so we'd know to expect this before arriving. Future would-be guests, just be wary of this.

The room had no windows but it was all right with us. It had two air-cons, which was more than enough for the tiny room. The lockers were stored under the beds and were huge so that was good. The room we were at was at the ground floor and the bathrooms were located outside, but it still had a roof a couple floors above us so there was protection from sun and rain. The bathroom area was dark at night and I don't remember seeing any lights nearby the sinks. I had to turn on the light for the bathroom stall nearest to me so I won't be brushing my teeth in total darkness. Perhaps it was due to us being ill-informed or that we didn't have our eyes peeled enough for a light switch somewhere. Bathrooms and room was very clean though.

Blankets are a bit on the thin side but they did what they were supposed to do. Breakfast was pretty satisfactory and the spread was pretty good. Toast, coffee and/or tea, orange juice, bananas, and hard boiled eggs were plenty to fill us up so good job on that. The location is pretty okay too. It's located on a quiet road near the Farrer Park MRT station so if you prefer peace and quiet as opposed to being located near pubs and bars that open late at night, then this is for you. Other than a disappointing first impression, The Mitraa really isn't that bad after all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends