“nice hostel”
Review of The Mitraa

The Mitraa
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed there fo 2 nights.
our room did not have bathroom.
The room did not have any window.
However the clean was good.
The location is good but far from downtown but you have a metroline very near.
In the night you do not have anything near to buy occidental food.
However rate vs service is good.
To conclude a good option for low budget travelers

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MajoBlanco
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

This hostel is just heaven with everything you might need, perfectly clean, comfy beds, great common area, fast Wifi and the best breakfast ever! Just the one thing, we booked bus tickets to Melaka at the reception, they charged 28$ for it and on the ticket it said 16$. I understand that hostels don't book tickets for free but this is too much of a fee for making one call to a bus company. Go to Mustafa Centre bus station and book yourself instead!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JohnFromSweden
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at The Mitraa backpackers when I was in Singapore for a few days. here are my impressions:
-Twin share rooms were small but clean
-Standard breakfast
-Staff is very friendly
-Security is dubious: The room I stayed in uses key pass card and has cabinets with locks. However pass + cabinet key had to be handed over to reception, but no identification is required in retrieving the room pass & cabinet key and it's easy to bring non-guests into the room. This is a concern because in the worst possible situation, someone could access your room without your knowledge and plant drugs in your luggage, and given Singapore carries the death penalty, it's not a risk worth taking.

Otherwise enjoyed my stay - had no sleep problems, short walk to Farrer Park MRT, very close access to hawker centres, same street as several temples and a safe area to roam even after midnight. Also there's a music store nearby called "Valentines Music Centre" worth checking out - it had very friendly staff who even gave me a water bottle once she found out I was a tourist!

Room Tip: Lock your luggage when you head out - you never know what may happen while you are gone
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank howsta
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Well I arrived at the Mitraa on the 11th May 2011, after a long flight from Manchester via Doha. When I arrived at Chingi Airport I took a cab and they charged me $50.00 included with that is Tax, and tip. after a 1hr transfare time I arrived at the hostel.

I was shown to my own private room, (well a two bed dorm), Had a very hot shower and met lots of new people. A larger supermarket is close by too.

As everyone says its very close to MTR, only takes 5-7 minutes to the center of Singapore.

There is a living room area with Wi-Fi and PC are available for use. Breakfast is also served here but there is plenty of restaurants round the corner.

I enjoyed my stay here. just be warned that drinking any alcohol inside the hostel is a no no. but you can drink outside

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank zacrenfree
Reviewed 19 March 2012

On our first visit with my friends in Singapore, we stayed at The Mitraa, the name perfectly fits the place and the staff. Though the rooms are small, it was very comfortable, we stayed in a 4-bed dorm for 3 nights. They serve free breakfast just enough to fill our tummies to start the day. The location was perfect and very accessible to the train station and a nearby shopping center. It was just like home! Highly recommended. On our next trip to Sg, there is no doubt we will book in no other but The Mitraa.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends