Travelled with spouse on our business trip. Chose Fernloft Chinatown from research on Tripadvisor. However they didn't have 4 weeks' availability so I only stayed there for 2 nights before moving to the Fernloft Little India branch.
-Location- 5 minutes walk to MRT station- safe to walk there at night.
-Scissor-cut curry restaurant 2 minutes from the hostel is always packed, delicious and super cheap!
-Air con in room
-Nice foyer with computers and internet
-Free wireless internet
-Basic toast and jam breakfast provided
-Free transfer from other fernloft hostels
-One of the cheaper hostel private rooms I could find
-Cost per use washing machine and dryer
-Tiny shared bathroom which is a toilet and shower combined so that the toilet seat is drenched if someone just had a shower beforehand
-VERY THIN WALLS!! This was my biggest complaint. I was in a private room on the top floor staying with my spouse for a business trip for a month. We both worked business hours from Mon-Fri and needed a good night's sleep. The room was fine when there were no, or quiet neighbours. However, we encountered two couples who would have extremely loud sex several times a night along with what sounded like giggly sex games involving running in and out of their rooms and slamming their door. We could literally hear EVERYTHING. This was true of your neighbours who snored! The walls are so thin you can hear people next door talking!
-Although this hostel was non-smoking, I frequently found cigarette buds in the basin in the bathroom and the hostel staff are not really helpful in trying to sort this out. Nor of other issues to be honest.
I would only recommend staying here for a short duration. And pray that you don't have loud neighbours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fernloft Little India is created as our flagship branch of Fernloft Group of Hostels! Apart from our traditional values that govern all Fernloft Hostels – comfortable, clean, convenient, cheap, caring and with loads of character, Fernloft City (Little India) is established to create a near hotel experience but yet without losing the fun hostel appeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Fernloft - City Hostel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernloft Little India Hotel Singapore
- Fernloft - City Hostel Singapore