“Great hotel on Pearl Hill!”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #124 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Great hotel on Pearl Hill!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great hotel on Pearl Hill! Away from busy Singapore. Nice room. Good sleep. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They offer rooms with breakfast and without breakfast. If you are not a heavy breakfast type, just b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Promtong M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Colombo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at Hotel Re! on business for about 5 days. The rooms were small but comfortable and there's pretty good wifi available which is free to all guests which is a definite value point. Their conference room was spacious though and as it is away from the city its quite peaceful too. You are a 10 minute walk away from the MRT and the hotel is quite close to Chinatown (20 minute walk). Food is alright but it is a no frills no fuss place so don't expect to be pampered. There's a small gym too (about 3-4 machines) but no one ever seems to go so you can exercise in privacy. If you are paying in cash then you are expected to pay for your stay upfront but I was able to pay 50% on arrival and then the balance at check out

Room Tip: Lower floors seemed better - the lift is really slow so a floor to walk up and down from would be be...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AmsColombo
Palo Alto
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was apprehensive when booking this hotel before the trip. All I had to go on was a map, and did not know if this hotel was centrally located and how far from everything!
From the airport it was a 20.00 Singapore dollars ride. The hotel is a short 4 minutes walk from China town and a short 6 minutes walk to the MRT subway station: OUTRAM PARK. With this in mind this hotel is thus very centrally located. It is within easy reach of Little India, Orchard Road Shopping area, as well as Kampong Glam, the Arab Area and the Marina Area, which is home to the Sands Hotel with a viewing platform up 57 stories. The staff at the Hotel Re is very pleasant and professional as well as helpful. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are equally clean. We stayed in room 1206 with a nice view toward "downtown" Some people complain about the size of the rooms. We found it spacious, in fact much bigger than most hotels in Europe that charge twice as much. I use a hotel to sleep and shower. I know the next time I am in Singapore I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: As for a room that is higher rather than lower, just for the sake of the views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank friendlytrips
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel overall was very funky... the designs around the place all kept with a retro theme.
They provided a couple of complementary snacks in room which is a nice change. We only stayed a night but I wouldn't of minded it to have been longer. We were given a complementary room upgrade.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PerthAgent86
Hotel_Re_Singapore, Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and also the retro themes of the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit and hopefully, you will stay with us for a few more nights the next time round!

Best regards,

The Management
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Re! on three occasions now, and last time I was there I got an upgrade to a suite, presumably because my name was already in the hotel's records.

I have stayed at a couple of other places in Singapore, but I find the Hotel Re! is modern, and I really like the retro theme they have going. The regular rooms are of a reasonable size, and when I stayed in them I certainly wasn't cramped, and their suites are quite large, with a big ensuite bathroom, and ante-room leading to the bedroom. In the suite, I had some mixed results with the wi-fi on one occasion, but this was solved by just going down to the lobby with my laptop. However, now I have an iPhone, which might be annoying if the wi-fi was a little dodgy, but maybe it was just a fault that day. On the two other occasions I stayed there, I found no such problem.

The rooms are very clean, and well air-conditioned, and at a fair price. There are some room snacks & drinks, but I didn't indulge.

The breakfast bar is pretty good, although one thing that disappointed me last time was that the scrambled eggs had all sorts of wierd stuff in them, and the chef refused to cook me some plain scrambled eggs when I asked (even though he wasn't busy at the time). I had asked and received plain scrambled eggs on the two previous trips that I was there, so I hope the Hotel Re! can make it so that you just get plain scrambled eggs.

However, try the watermelon juice they serve - that is great. I also liked the bar, which I think was located on the 5th floor. It's a great place to watch English Premier League games, although the beer was a little overpriced. I paid something like $12sg for a Hoegaarden beer.

Hotel Re! is located right by the Outram Park MRT, and therefore, provides easy access to the rest of Singapore island (this MRT services two metro lines). I left the hotel via the MRT, took a bus across the causeway, and was in Johore Bahru (Malaysia) within an hour. From Outram Park MRT, there is a direct train to Changi Airport, and I found it took about half an hour from hotel to departure hall.

It should be pointed out that to get to Hotel Re! from Outram Park MRT, you take the road that flanks the park heading up to Pearl's Hill, but continue walking almost to the Central Expressway. There is a small cul-de-sac to the right about 50m before you reach the expressway, so take that, go up the concrete steps (sometimes awkward with luggage !), and you are in the Hotel Re! carpark. Google Maps shows adequately where the Hotel Re! is located.

Having stayed at the Hotel Re!, I wouldn't consider another option at this point. I am most likely returning to Singapore in the middle of 2012, and I will again be booking at the Hotel Re! - I hope I get a suite again !

Room Tip: I have stayed on several floors of the hotel, and never encountered a problem in any room, except fo...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PietroMorrizio
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Re!

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us in your previous visits. We will certainly share your breakfast experience with our F&B team for improvements.

Looking forward to see you soon!

Best Regards,