“Absolutely Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Every time I am abroad, being a strict vegan, I keep searching for good Indian food. If you are in Singapore and looking for Indian food, please try this place. The area of Little India where "RAJ" is situated has around 100 odd indian rests. We sampled a few too, but Raj stands out loud. It served you authentic indian food be it an indian thali, or chole bhature, or paneer butter masala, rotis, deserts like rabdi and gulab jamuns, et al.
The ambience is fine and the service quick and efficient. The prices were an eye opener. I always believed that indian food in S'pore could be exhorbitant. But the rates were quite reasonable, and you will keep coming back for more, as long as ur in Singapore and long for Indian food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I've never encountered such a hopeless service from a restaurant.

When confronted with the poor service and mentioning that with such poor service one would think twice before coming, the guy at the cash counter (which I belive should be the owner) has the arrogance to say "Thank you".

As if they are serving free food to "beggars"

Reviewed 21 August 2010

Firstly, let me say that I am a very patient and level-headed person. I do not take offense easily, but what happened at Raj was shocking and beyond patience. My wife and I had ordered a number of items for lunch. One of them was "Butter Paneer". When the food arrived, instead of the paneer, we got "Butter Vegetables". We were calm and gently asked one of the waiters to replace it with what was ordered. We didn't sound like we were complaining or even remotely angry about it. We didn't even question him or anything! We were happily chatting with our friend, whom we were entertaining. We thought it's not a big deal and these mistakes happen and it will be replaced. As we waited for the right dish to arrive, the waiter who had taken the order came to us and started arguing that we had ordered wrongly. This was not the case as I had repeated my order very clearly. And, unbelievably, the waiter argued with us continuously. We said that we are not annoyed by the wrong order, but he uncontrollably argued with my wife about this. I really felt it was excessively rude. And he was not even listening to me and it started looking like a 'fight' with my wife. I lost it completely and asked him to stop shouting at us and call the manager. Then one ugly fat man comes to us and asks me to stop talking rudely with the damn waiter!!! Aghast! I mean have they heard of anything called customer service and basic courtesy! Now, we had two people shouting at us and we really shouted back as well. We would have walked out, but we were entertaining a friend and stayed put. A couple around us heard us well and also agreed that these peoples' behavior was unacceptable. For the rest of the lunch, the service was completely screwed up and when we asked for the bill...they literally threw the bill at us! Even more, when we walked out, the waiter came out and tried to incite me to get into a fight or something, so that they could call the police or something. (I say this because I had heard them murmur about getting the police). Well, if you have read so far, think twice or thrice before going there. Especially, if you are getting family or friends there. YOU NEVER KNOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO ARGUE RUDELY WITH YOUR SPOUSE OR LOVED ONE!

2  Thank abmittal
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We were a group of 12, our main orders were for dosa. It took almost 50mins for the first dish to arrive. The manager was clueless as to what was available. Not informed that pooris were over, only when we were irritated and we questioned did we know it that was an hour and half after we sat down! Slow service, horrible attitude of the people. Just not interested. If they have a manpower shortage they should just reduce the seating and say we can only serve so many. Horrible horrible, the hosts were so embaressed

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook