“phenomenal meal”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016

This is one of those rare places where you can't take pictures of the dishes, because as soon as they touch the table, people are immediately reaching in to try the latest offering. We ordered a lot of food and everything was fresh and delicious. It more than satisfied our sushi craving, and it's definitely on my short list of places to go back to.

While you're in Dempsey Hill, walk around - there are delightful store and shops spread out all around.

Take note: you may want to make sure you have taxi or car service arranged to take you back from Dempsey Hill. Most of the cabs are heading in the opposite direction (going home) and do not want to take you back to city center. After a frustrating hour waiting and calling from the taxi stand area, we finally reached out to our hotel (thank you Fullerton Bay - best hotel in Singapore!) and they arranged for a car to pick us up.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

I love coming here because it's so convenient. You can always find parking right outside in the Dempsey Hill area.

The place is decent though uninspiring. And the air-conditioning is sometimes a bit warm, but overall it's just... Decent.

It's affordable, service is pleasant and the cooking very reliable. It's not mind blowing which is why it gets only 4/5 in my rating but don't let that deter you. The aburi sets here are always good and well priced, so aburi lovers can eat to their heart's content and not have to worry about the consequences to their wallets.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Heard so much about Rakuichi from the media and friends. Went with my boyfriend today and we ordered a mini course and Rakuichi Bentou set. The chawamushi was too bland. Sushi was average. Only after we paid then realized that the 'free' appetizer was also part of the total bill. Overall experience was a pretty disappointing one.Though service was good, we won't head back again

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Most amazing Japanese food I've had for ages. Its so fresh and tasty. We had Toku Sashimi ( Assorted freah sashimi), Wagyu feef teriyaki. We were brought there by friends who reside there. Super lunch

Reviewed 25 July 2015

After reading a few reviews here, we went to Rakuichi expecting yummy japanese food. It was I think my most disappointing culinary experience in Singapore!
I called earlier in the day to make a reservation and was told that they were fully booked. We decided to try a walk in. We got there and they seated us immediately. I expected "nice" restaurant considering the area its in...

The dining room is small, very brightly lit - not inviting at all.
We ordered
Miso Soup, which was the best part of the meal!
Tuna and Salmon Sashimi - the tuna was inedible, (I took one bite and had to leave it) the Salmon was ok - it was thick slices of average grade salmon.
Hamachi Salad - was pretty ok
Oyster and vegetable in Miso broth - most unappetizing looking dish I have ever seen - terrible, inedible.
Tai Carpaccio - sliced snapper with truffle. How can anyone go wrong with truffles, but the chefs at this restaurant managed very well to ruin this too.

The service was crazy - they brought all the food together 10 minutes after we ordered it. I am not kidding we got there at 9:15 and ate, paid the check and were in our car at 9:55.

Total ripoff!