“Overrated pricey food served by "cold as ice" staff”
Review of Pietrasanta

Pietrasanta
Ranked #459 of 11,489 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: European, Italian, Pizza
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Massimini brothers, Giuseppe and Chef Loris, Pietrasanta is an getaway to relax, chill out and enjoy palate-tempting Tuscan-inspired dishes that have drawn followers coming back for more.
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Went to this place with friends. Been there 1.5 yrs ago when it was still ok. The service, food and a complete dining experience took a huge plunge down from that time. What a disappointment...
Reserved a day before and arrived on time. Waited 30 min to get the "reserved" table inside. Been seated outside to wait, and left there to rot... Staff buzzing around us like headless chicken and even after repeated requests not been able to pick the order up.

Finally the first plates arrived app 30 min after order - antipasti... Mozzarella cheese (in bulk lump) and tomatoes on the plate. No olive oil, no nothing...Straight from the shopping bag onto the plate... Never seen anything like that served in an Italian restaurant... Not even in the food court. Took us few requests to get the semi-proper serving, with sliced mozzarella, sliced tomatoes and olive oil. Of course, service without a smile. And yes, paid 32.90++ for this "exquisite" dish. (Guess not worth to mention that it was a "special of the day" with no price indication either in the menu or by the staff. My mistake for expecting a standard antipasti price of 15-18++...)

Waited another 45 min to get the main dish (total waiting time 1 hour 15 min from the time order taken!!). And this was on a weekday! Taste of pastas similar to frozen food from the supermarket. On the other hand, a price tag of a 5 star restaurant...

Finally, the bill. Was expecting some kind of apology and significant discount. Wrong. No effort by the manager to try to make up for the disastrous experience... Got 10% discount (generous, right?) from him AFTER I asked for the discount. A fake smile of a 2nd hand car dealer and a robot-like behaviour of his staff helped making this dinner an experience to remember. They must be doing good if they don't care for small things like that...

Waaay off the usual warmth you get in an Italian restaurant...

Planning to go back again sometime around 12th of Never.

2  Thank nautilusKl

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We first visited Pietrasanta last september and forgot to write a review - so a chance to return with friends and see if the same excellent meal could be repeated was relished.
Again, the welcome was warm and we were quickly seated and drinks ordered. We looked at sharing four courses, and starting with a fantastic creamy mozzarella - super. Follow that up with a spaghetti vongole and a shared (huge) t-bone grilled to perfection. A cheese selection finished the job.
The wine list is actually a glass room where you can select the wine - with the help of Guiseppe - to match your food selection. Prices of the food are very reasonable - the wine is of course ranging in price - singapore is not the cheapest place in the world for good wine.
Again, this is a fantastic restaurant and nice to get away from the CBD areas for a meal.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Living in Asia it's nice to have some western food from time to time. For an Asian country this Italian restaurant offers good food. I loved the formarge quatro pizza. I totally enjoy quality cheese and it hit the spot for me. I over ate dam it! Excellent cheese and thick crust, if you like that.
I had one coffee and enjoyed it so much ordered a second cup. Unfortunately a new staff member made the 2nd cup and it was bitter, burnt. I complained and lucky for me the waitress that I complained to was actually the one who made my 1st cup. She appologised and made me a fresh cup as good as the 1st and I was only billed for the 1st cup.

Atmosphere- you can sit inside or on the front/side verandah over looking the road or out back. I like out back it's more plesant to me as I like the trees and outdoor feeling. You have a choice, depends on personal choice. I'm Australian so outdoors, trees, garden type setting brings me joy.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is a one of our favourite restaurants in Singapore, and we always come back here for home-style Italian food. The brothers that own Pietrasanta started with a pizza joint in Holland Village and as their business grew, they moved to their current location at Portsdown Road.
The service is warm and friendly and the food is 'mama-mia' delicious! We'll come here for their Vongole or seafood marinara, salds are refreshing and their desserts are yummy! The wines are reasonably priced and a good bottle of Prosecco [Italian bubbly] goes down really well. Indoor and outdoor seating; weekend dinner reservations are recommended.
If you are thinking of a party with close friends, Pietrasanta will gladly help; they did with my wife's 3x-th birthday party!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

A bit far from the center but a lovely place to go. Very warm, friendly and not posh at all. Service is excellent and food is fantastic. Price are reasonable. Good choice of wine, also by half bottle. My place when I feel homesick from europe...