“i lov d food but d service s worst”

Anjappar Authentic Chettinaad Restaurant
Ranked #1,393 of 11,489 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little India
Reviewed 19 October 2011

i really had a worst exp wit d servers...v r d regular customers n dey literally tried to avoid us...i dunno 4 wat dey did dis...so pls tak a note on this n try to correct it..orelse ull loose ur customers n il never recommen ur restaurant....

1  Thank sin s

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I visit this restaurant on a regular basis. The food is good and the service is efficient. My son loves their butter chicken. It is better known for its non-vegeterian food which includes starters such as Chicken 65 and Fish 65. (though I find the starters are a bit on the drier side). BTW, the food is on the spicer side (but I like it a bit spicy).

Overall a restaurant that I would be on the list of obvious choices for Indian Chettinad food Singapore

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Variety of South/North Indian dishes are available here although the speciality is Chettinad dishes during the weekends - quails/crabs (particularly with shell removed) goat and lamb dishes and King (Seer) fish dishes and their thali meals are wholesome. Been there many times on other occasions with my wife and family. It can be a bit spicy and strong; but that's the way Chettinad dishes taste. Some dishes are made to your requirements (if you want them less spicy). Very busy during lunch-time and dinner time which is extended until late mid-night. Their freshly brewed coffee is one of the best tasted in Singapore. Very reasonably priced disahes too.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Even though the food was good, the service provided was extremely poor to the extent that the waiter who served us refused to take even a picture of our family when we requested him. the table wasnt cleaned after each course of food like starters were provided before the table was cleared of soup bowls. lastly we forgot our umbrella and went back to take it, the same waiter hesitated even to pick the umbrella from the place where we left and the person sat nearby took and gave to us, poor anjappar going to flop in Singapore because of such waste and lazy service providers, i decided not to go or refer any of my frens to anjappar, little india.. good food will reach ppl's heart only if provided with great service.!!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2011

I have lived in Singapore for several years.
I have been to many Indian restaurants and would recommend Anjappar to anyone.
The Garlic Chicken Kebab is probably my favourite dish although a trip is not complete without sampling the Gobi Manchurian and Tikka sauce.