Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Dolphin Discovery was great!

Went for the 60 minutes Dolphin Discovery where you get to go waist deep into the pool. Amazing... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
noodly14
Dolphin Discovery

We really had a great time interacting with Isabelle 7 year old calf and Jo the trainer, who took... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2021
Mai_Hanazawa

Recommended experiences in and around Sentosa Island
from US$ 191.00
from US$ 72.87
from US$ 28.91
More Info
All reviews soft copies photos taken beautiful creatures fun experience trainers conservation activity sentosa
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

If I could review the dolphins alone then it would be 100% however the nonsense that has to be endured before and after definately takes away from this very unique experience.

To begin with the queues are horrendous so I'd advise an early slot and be there early. You have to gain entry via the water park which is a nightmare. You're also not allowed to bring any food or drink into the park so the $6 jam I bought beforehand as a present had to be placed in a locker which cost me $8 bag searches are carried out at the gates!

Marvin was our dolphin trainer and he was amazing. Very funny and energetic and clear on safety rules etc He made sure everyone interacted with the dolphin (ours was called Wei). The photographer however was having a bad day and was clearly bored snapping pics and gave up half way through our session which was evident when it came to choosing our pics.

The photographs are extremely expensive. This is where they have you as I doubt very few people leave the park without wanting a picture of their experience. We chose the cheapest package $200 for 2 plastic framed photos and 75 digital photos. However a lot of the photos were the same and the staff at the photo counter were less than helpful.

You have to shower and change back at the water park. The shower cubicles stank of urine. One cubicle had toilet paper in it, the next a nappy... Not the standard you'd expect in Singapore. I couldn't change quick enough and left promptly to collect pics and head home.

Went to pick up the photos to be told I had to wait 30 mins.

Overall the dolphins were excellent and I loved my time with them but the park seriously needs to look at the organisational aspects as this is not a cheap afternoon out!

3  Thank D1049YTkareng
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Both kids love the Dolphin. The coaches are friendly but ours unfortunately didn’t know how to count and Group. She kept losing count and instruction was not clear . It did raise a lot of our ‘valuable and expensive ‘ time. My family ended up to e the last group to go out the dolphin pool while all groups have the same end time >>> that means , we have the least time The other coach complained about she was very tired, when the photographer told her that we need another shoot she sent her back and we were running out of time.
It’s my kids first time to wear a life jacket so the youngest one didn’t manage to control his feet very well. Suggest parents let their children practiSe A bit before you come.
I have been warned the photos are incredibly expensive and I am prepared to be robbed . However the photos quality were extremely poor I only managed to pick one. We have to line up 2 times for the photo, first time is to choose your photos inside the dolphin island and the 2 nd time is to pay an the shop near the exit. A total waste of time and energy !
Very disappointing.

1  Thank AYKLeung
Reviewed 19 August 2018

My husband and I are in our 50's and have wanted to experience a swim with dolphins since we were little kids. I did a heap of research prior so I was aware of the whole procedure (no jewellery, no phones and expensive pics), so we were prepared for everything. After the run through we were divided up into groups we were with a family of 3 plus 2 ladies, all asian and didnt speak english. Our wonderful trainer, (Jane') would speak both in English (for us) & mandarin for the others so no one missed out on anything. We chose the experience with the dolphins pushing you while on a boogie board, dancing individually with our dolphin Rong Rong, we even got a kiss if we chose which was wonderful. The other people couldnt swim and were at times very nervous but that didnt stop them from having a wonderful experience. My ONLY disappointment was that you HAVE to pay the fee into the actual water park (which TBH was very average by water park standards) and then your extra fee into Dolphin Island. We would have done it for a second time a few days later as we loved it so much but didnt want to spend the fee into the park AGAIN without even using those facilities. Look apart from this one setback, I can't recommend this experience enough, we will seriously never forget it. An experience for any age group. 5 stars!!!

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We wanted to swim with the dolphins and want to thank Stephanie and Zee for understanding our predicament. We didn't have children with us and wanted just to visit Dolphin Island. However, we had to pay a park entry fee to get inside. Not fair if you're no going to use the facilities. We had to pay extra to visit Dolphin Island to swim with them which was fine. We realised the session booked was to be with lots of other tourists in a pool which was not really what we wanted. We explained we weren't after this experience and Zee was kind enough to have us upgraded for an extra fee to enjoy the one on one experience with a dolphin. Stephanie was awesome she took us through and we had a lovely experience. Only thing is that they charge $60 per photo - which isn't explained before the session, and you're not allowed to take your own. The guy at the photo booth was less than helpful trying to push us to buy two photos as a package but never explained the other options e.g. we could download all the photos for $150. The photos were not of great quality taken on a phone which is fine considering we had a lovely experience. Only thing is that there were no photos that we could actually use that were memorable. The ones where we were touching the dolphin weren't captured, but as Stephanie and Zee were so amazing we were happy with what was captured and they were fantastic to us. Would we do it again? Yes if we were to have a one on one but it's very expensive when you add the park fee and the photos on top of the session price. We do not recommend the group sessions as they're chaotic with no complimentary photo with the price you pay. Do it solo if you can.

4  Thank AussieTraveljourno
Reviewed 5 August 2018

The dolphins themselves were excellent, but some dolphins were wounded and scratched, ostensibly due to dolphin 'fights'. The one with us was taken from the wild in the Solomon Islands and had two wounds on the tip of her tail, a partially parted dorsal fin and scratches on her skin. However, the trainers were entertaining and tried their best to make the experience personal for all guests while they seemed to be gentle with the dolphins.

The entry system was disorganization. Entry into the dolphin area is chaotic and confusing, and we were forced to split our belongings into 2 different lockers both inside and outside the dolphin area for some reason. It was unnecessary and dangerous to have our valuables in one locker and then our clothes in another locker. Stupid system.

Then the photos were a nightmare. We were served by a kid who could only speak chinese, which made everything confusing. System was slow and buggy to select our shots. We got the 40 digital photo package, for $150, which is a rip off, IMO. It's not even presented to us on a physical thumbdrive. We ended up with a long wait at the store to collect our photographs, which was another disorganized mess of long queues and annoyed people.

When we got out ticket with a retrieval code, we come home to realize the code isn't valid, resulting in another struggle to raise a support request to get our damned photos. Overall, there are better, less stressful and infinitely more guilt-free ways to spend $400.

Would not recommend.