“Slice of Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

After much consideration, I booked a Premier room for the purpose of a marriage proposal. Without much thought, I left it as that. The day before check-in, I was pleasantly surprised by a call from one of Capella's Personal Assistants (PA) who asked if she could make my stay at Capella a tad more comfortable. I needed an early check-in to prepare for the proposal and some other requirements like ice etc. The PA didn't guarantee me anything due to the hotel's capacity, but assured me she would try her very best to secure an early check-in. I'm heartened to say that she did. Within a couple of hours, she called me back to tell me the room was mine up to 3hours before regular check-in time. That barely scraped the top of what Capella has to offer...

Prior to check-in, the staff were made privy to my plans and as a gesture of goodwill, graciously upgraded me to a suite that essentially made my day (up til then at least). A member of their staff even brought us to the suite and briefed us on the hotel and a little history. And needless to say, the suite was gorgeous! Not only was the room beautifully furnished, the view that greeted us was stunning. Facing the South China Sea & the Capella pools, the room came equip with a fantastic sound system, it's very own Nespresso coffee machine & complementary mini-bar with gourmet (Gryphon) tea. The staff even brought us more coffee capsules and tea anticipating more guests of mine for the evening. When we needed plates and cups, they were duly delivered within minutes!

Everything else that was planned for the proposal fell fittingly in place and it all made for a spectacular evening. We strolled around the compound, only to be greeted by numerous peacocks. The greenery, coupled with the pool & the seaview was one of my fiancee's favourite. Service doesn't stop at the pool for Capella staff are constantly on hand to see to your every need like water and towels.

The library was the next talking point, even amongst my guests! Well stocked with good read, and delectable pastries and tea (or coke), all in a colonial officer's club setting. One will be hard-pressed to find something similar in modern day Singapore.

On the overall, the room & amenities of Capella are by themselves on par or even better than that offered by many luxurious hotels world-wide. However, having been to many great hotels, what makes Capella stand out from others is their attention to detail. Staff are incredibly well trained, for example one gentleman actively troubleshoot a problem I had with one of the switches instead of telling me they will have to leave it til morning to fix it. Staff seem to wait on you, anticipating your every need, yet not intrude on your personal space. Service is without a doubt with a smile, and they genuinely seem to want to make your stay a wonderful experience. For me and my guests (who DID NOT stay the night btw), it was truly a surreal & unforgettable experience that leaves one yearning for more. As it is, some of my guests are planning to return for a vacation of their own at Capella. Need I say more? On behalf of my week-old fiancee & I, thank you Capella. You have outdone yourself!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emil G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Having reading so many reviews and hotel introductions when we were picking a hotel for our trip to Singapore, my husband and I finally chose Capella singapore on Sentosa Island mainly because of it's greenery, stunning view and the super good service stated by other travellers.
We were actually a bit worry about the distance but we found that it is actually like 7-10 mins from the city Centre! The greenery in the hotel area makes us feel very relaxing, and the staff is so helpful to help us with locations of all attractions that we wanted to go.
The villa we stayed in was spacious and very comfortable (even the bathroom is so big!), we really feel 'recharged' after having good sleep on the very cosy bed. The terrace outside the bathroom is lovely and it is also green! The little pool on the terrace was not for swimming yet it makes a good corner to relax and chat!
Would like to try the spa next time!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

This is best hotel I have stayed, good sea view and elegant style. Will recommend to other friends.

• Stayed March 2012
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed in Capella Suite of main building with our two boys (aged 7 and 5). We took a look at the villas and long stay apartments and were glad we chose to stay in main building. Much more convenient as you're in the centre of things: lounge, pool, library, restaurant etc. Sure the villas and apartments are much more spacious, but they don't have very nice views and are mostly quite dark even during the day. Also, you need to call a buggy to go in and out which is a bit of a hassle. Our suite is wonderfully bright with large bay windows overlooking the pools.

Beautifully designed building by Norman Foster. 3-tier pools, while not designed with kids in mind (no slides or other gimmicks) are of nice size and very relaxing.

Don't miss the library in the old heritage building above lobby where they serve complimentary pastries, coffee/tea and evening drinks in a lovely colonial setting. Great for reading papers in the morning or a quick cool down drink before or after an excursion.

Only glitch was slightly imperfect service: empty tissue boxes not refilled, half drunk glass of milk not removed during room makeup..... otherwise a almost perfect stay.

We also checked out the hotels in Resorts World next door - Capella is much more luxurious in every way - a tranquil oasis compared to a zoo!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pawnstar
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Staying at Capella was great - everything was perfect. The room was comfortable and clean, the food excellent and the service was second to none. I LOVE the swimming pool there! Don't miss it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business