“Fantastic restaurant”
Review of The Ruf Resto Bar

The Ruf Resto Bar
Ranked #3 of 333 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Description: The Ruf Restobar, located just a few minutes walk from the back and front beach at the rooftop of Ferra Hotel Boracay, is a getaway from the noisy and busy atmosphere of the main road and beach front. It's chill, relaxing yet classy ambiance provides a cozy dinner venue not only for couples but also for family and friends who want to have a wonderful dinner out. Our wide variety of Asian fusion choices and extensive drinks offering will surely provide a satisfying and gastronomic escape. A n amazing view of the sunset and the stars is also visible right at the rooftop restobar providing a visible and colorful view of the horizons-definitely a must-try in Boracay.
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Over the top service... we came here for our 30 th anniversary and couldn’t have been more satisfied, surprised and filled with delicious food!!
The staff were so friendly and helpful and because of our reservation , we were seated by the pool in a special area. We enjoyed the baby back ribs and the green salad with grapes and candied walnuts...
they surprised us with dessert and everyone sang a song and they brought us balloons!!
Very special place and we’ll be back! Don’t miss it when in Boracay and the hotel also looks great!

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (418)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

My wife and I were procrastinating writing this review for Feb 11th when we visited The Ruf for our evening meal. The good TA reviews got us there but it is Lyn's and her team of waiters/waitresses/bar staff that made us leave the place with a big smile at the end of our evening meal. The entire staff clearly take pride in keeping up their high TA score. The atmosphere and food were simply the cherry on top of a great memorable evening in Boracay - probably one of the best experience in fact. It is clearly worth tracking down this place and stepping out of the restaurant beach strip.

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

My friends and I had a fantastic experience at the Ruf! The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and hospitable! A big shoutout to Lyn who is the BEST waitress in the whole of the Philippines. Next time I visit Boracay I will be sure to come back to the Ruf!!

Reviewed 4 March 2020

From the moment the elevator opened we were greeted by the wonderful staff.
The drinks are such good value and they also offer happy hour.
A special thanks to Lynn who was so warm and welcoming, and so friendly.
The location is away from all the busy bars, so it has a nice feel to it, but only five mins walk from D’Mall

Reviewed 2 March 2020

How to start. Searched in Trip Advisor where to have a good dinner as me and my partner will be celebrating our second anniversary. The Ruf Resto Bar is at the top of the list. And Boy did it deserve the best! Let me elaborate:

I reserved via messaging them in their FB page. They are very responsive, immediately reserving a seat and asking if we are celebrating. I told them we are having our 2nd anniversary and didn't think much about it. We reserved for 5.30pm as Sunset view us reputedly superb.

Fast forward to March 2nd, we had quite a bit of time finding the place. It's relatively near the D-Mall but in one of the smaller unpaved side streets. The restau bar is located at the top floor of the Ferra Hotel, which looks like a nice boutique hotel. As soon as we disembarked at the rooftop, we saw they had prepared an elaborate table for two in red, with heart-shaped napkins! We were ushered in by their really helpful and cheerful staff and assisted by server Lyn.

We had the Romantic Dinner which consisted of a five course meal starting off with the appetizer of salmon and spicy shrimp. Our second entree was caesar salad and grape walnut salad, followed by parmesan soup and tomato soup. The main entree was grilled chicken for me (which was huge and tasty!) And a large babyback ribs for my partner, with a side serving of mashed potatoes and a plate of spicy shrimp pasta (also extremely tasty)! This was all capped off by a leche flan dessert and mango puree ice cream that will be prepared beside you (talk about cool). The serving size are huge ( i was starting to get full when the soup was served) and particularly tasty. I especially love the shrimp with a spicy taste, and that is saying a lot since I am not a shrimp-lover. See pics for how it looked.

The place itself, being the rooftop bar of a hotel, looks great. They have soft lighting installed creating a warm ambient glow, and their rooftop pool creates a dramatic backdrop against the setting sun. The chairs are comfortable and relaxing, and they have soft instrumental music of OPM playing in the background.

But the best part of this restau is really the staff and servers and crew. They were very friendly and helpful on the get-go, assisting us on all our requests, and even creating a surprise for both of us! They helped take picture of us and even provided good lighting so we can have a great sunset shot in the dark! Afterwards, just before we had our dessert, they started serenading us! An OPM "Kahit Maputi na Ang Buhok Ko". We just love it! Thank you so much for making me and my partner feel very special! And for all the extra effort from our lovely table setting, to the superb food capped off by exemplary service from you guys! Talk about going the extra mile! We had the best night dining in our Boracay stay yet (and this is our 3rd time in tue island) because of your service.

That caps off my long review. To sum it up, it is true what you read in Trip Advisor. They deserve number 1! The best dining experience in Boracay!! Thank you to everyone and we will definitely be back!

Date of visit: March 2020