“The BEST resto in Boracay!”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Ranked #15 of 333 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: European, Philippine
Reviewed 2 February 2021 via mobile

Heard a lot of good reviews and it did not disappoint at all! Everything was really good that we had to go back after our 1st meal. All their food is full of flavor and serving is hefty! We stayed in Shangrila where food is also very good but we cannot resist going back to Mama’s Fish House. We also tried the top rated restos in Station 1 and 2 but they all did not pass our standards. All ordinary, they were nothing special. Ingredients used in other restos were regular low quality not like Mama’s Fish House where you can really taste the quality and fresh ingredients that they use. The owner, Ms. Cory, is very friendly, nice and meticulous about her food which explains all the sumptuous dishes she serves. We tried tuna roll (crunchy and yum), calamares (the best I’ve tried), seafood marinara (super good and love the perfect al dente pasta!), mahi-mahi in lemon and garlic (so good and full of flavor), mashed potato (my 7 y/o son finished it all!), Mama’s Fish House hamburger (even if they didn’t have their brioche bun, I insisted to have it even with regular toast bread. Burger is very big and my son finished half of it), seafood paella (oh la-la! As if you’re in Spain), garlic prawns (so delish and not like the regular garlic prawns that we can try in othee restos), the coconut crab (just the sauce is already a viand in itself, so so good!), and chicken schnitzel, that my picky eater son loved so much too! To top it all, the price is SO AFFORDABLE! I tell all my friends that it’s a MUST when in Boracay. If only we can take out all her food to Manila, we will! Now I’m craving for all her food, wish they have a branch here in Manila. Thank you so much for the warm hospitality, Ms.Cory of Mama’s Fish House! We will always eat there (if possible all our meals) when in Boracay. Your food is absolutely heavenly and savory!

2  Thank elizabethgT4051FE
Write a reviewReviews (266)

Reviewed 26 January 2021

We stumbled upon Diniwind beach and decided to grab a drink at Mama's fish house! Their margerita was soooo good!! and the food was just as good!! you have to try their calamares, seafood paella, and kilawin! yum!!

2  Thank Ava D
Reviewed 25 January 2021 via mobile

Mama’s fish house is one of the hidden gems of boracay, found inside the microtel in Diniwid beach. Nice seafood meal while by the beach is an experience to remember, the ambiance, the service, the smiling face of the staff, all of this combined is what makes our last night and dinner at Boracay a memorable one. Looking forward to going back in March.

1  Thank lizzyv2019
Reviewed 21 January 2021

Had a really wonderful afternoon at this hidden gem of a restaurant tucked by the Diniwid Beach of Boracay. The pesto penne pasta was GREAT and the Mango Margarita was definitely AMAZING (to die for)! I've met the owner Tita Cory on my last full day in morning yoga in a hotel, whom my friend was talking about the day before (small world!) and she exudes the most positive and warm energy of the island--which definitely radiates into her staff and their beautiful service. Traveler tip: come by the restaurant around
late afternoon so as you get to have the best sunset view in the island

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

Wonderful beach front lunch experience on my 2nd day in Boracay. I enjoyed sipping my cocktail with a great view. The seafood dish was delicious. The staff and Cory, the owner, were very friendly. Excellent service. I went back with my friend and we tried the spaghetti marinara. We loved it. Al dente pasta with the right amount of seafood. And did I mention the beach was awesome? Haha.