“Inventive and beautifully presented breakfast”

The Sunny Side Cafe
Ranked #9 of 325 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I’d walked past Sunny Side Cafe maybe a thousand times on the way to work at a local Dive shop and had always meant to pop in but I’m not usually one for hustle and bustle. This time since t was early around 7am there were less people therefore I decided to pop in and have their special with Roesti, the crispy Swiss potato fritter covered in egg and bacon and basil and hollandaise. Flicking through their menu I discovered what you’d only find far away from greasy spoon diner culture, a salmon eggs benedict and other treasures. The latte I ordered to accompany was strong and flavoursome, clearly a decent Arabica, so strong actually I thought the spoon was going to stand up straight in the cup. Not exactly subtle and milky, but not insipid either. My server was attentive and pleasant, and the only thing that kept me from giving this bright little morning diner 5 stars was the 25 Minute wait for breakfast to arrive when they didn’t appear too busy. I started fretting a bit as my morning meeting time was looming and I had to rush the beautifully presented special to make up the time. Overall a good impression however since the server was apologetic.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 24 September 2019

My go-to breakfast place in Boracay. A bit pricy but the portions are huge and food and drinks are very good.

Very relaxing to eat there when you go at 7am when they open. The staff are very courteous as well.

Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

We had lunch in Sunny Side Cafe and the food is so delicious :) We ordered pancakes and all of them are mouth-watering :) The place is bit small though and a bit hot but I still highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

Coffee fix - check
Hot chocolate - check
Pancake - check
Eggs Ben -check
My morning is now complete. Thank you sunny side cafe for a good meal.

2  Thank vaneneuy1
Reviewed 10 September 2019

In the middle of the afternoon on our last day on Boracay Island (we had an evening flight), we decided it would be easy enough to walk over to Station 3 from our hotel to grab a late, quick lunch at a restaurant we had heard so many good things about - The Sunny Side Cafe. I mean, how long a wait would there be at 2:30pm, even for the most popular breakfast place in Boracay?

A pretty long wait, as it turns out. We were number 17 on the waitlist, and so, hungry and desperate to try the cafe's offerings, we decided to have our orders to-go (while enjoying a wonderful mimosa!). (Bonus points to The Sunny Side Cafe for their classy, recyclable, and mess-proof takeout boxes!)

I ordered the bacon and mango grilled cheese (their signature dish, and a definite winner!), while my son had the Nutella and banana toast (thicker than his arm!). Both were so good, we actually shared some with my wife and other son (who were too full from breakfast, but managed to finish everything we gave them anyway!).

The verdict? An exceptional breakfast is truly exceptional when it tastes mind-numbingly good in a takeout box! We can't wait for the next chance to finally dine in!

Date of visit: August 2019