“Thumbs Up”

Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Valenzuela, Philippines
“Thumbs Up”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

we really enjoyed our stay here, me and my partner had really a great time, Marilyn and the staff are all warm and accommodating and open suggestions, I'll see you this December......regards to all the staff and your cute dog Yorky

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Monterey, California
Reviewed 20 June 2012

What I especially like about this hotel is their staff. Marilyn made me and my family feel welcome. This was my first time to Boracay and my first time to the Philippines since 1978 and I highly admire her hospitality, friendliness, and charm. I think with an owner like Marilyn there will be many repeat customers.

I notice that many locals choose this hotel as it's conveniently and reasonably priced. Yes, the walk to the beach takes 5 minutes or so but it gives insight on what the Philippine neighborhood is like. Walk along the path to the beach and say hello to the locals you see and I assure you they will say hi or at least smile back. Some even go out of their way to cook fried bananas or sweets to sell along the path. Indulge yourself!

The hotel is in a secluded area. It's very homey and comfortable. The only downside is that my mom - who has a difficult time getting up the stairs - didn't like that she had to use the stairs to go to the room. It took the wind out of her but the wonderful massage she got compensated for it. The food was good. I only wish there were more fruits and/or veggie dishes for those that are vegetarian as I am. But I'm sure if you request for it they will provide. But I was just shy to ask as they've done so much already to make me and my family feel welcome.

I would definitely come and stay at this hotel again primarily because of the friendly environment. Thank you Turtle Inn Resort!!! Mabuhay!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TRTW
Centralia, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I so want to Thank the staff at Turtle Inn.. my daughter said it was everything the pictures shared .. and staff kind and helpful. i refused to let daughter stay where she (picked) and i was on a mission to find her the right place where i felt she was safe.. the reviews and only the reviews is where i said finally to daughter u have to stay here i looked for days prices and places that i truly new she be ok.
when she got to her room she showed me everything in room and views and beaches all to me. thank god for wiifi and internet..
owner marilyn really was her lifesaver for her solo vacation. Marilyn new the places to go and see , breakfast was brought to the room every morning u had a choice room or lobby thank u thank u..Centralia,Wa Mother

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My son and I celebrated our birthdays in Boracay and my family stayed at Turtle Inn.
What most impressed us is the hospitality and warmth showered us by the staff. From the time Emy picked us up from Kalibo airport; then Jessie helping us with our luggages at Jetty Port and brought us to the Inn; Mhalen, Jenny, Lea, Hershey, Rod welcomed us with sweet smiles and lending hands; and Sharlyn who cooked fresh food we got from the market... all these made our trip refreshing and enjoyable and our birthdays well celebrated.

Thank you Mhalen and to your wonderful staff! We will see you again when we go back! Thank you also to Jun who took care of us when we left for home.

God bless Turtle Inn family!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glo R
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the turtle inn resort during april 2012. I found the rooms to be clean and spacious and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and once i worked out how to use the remote on the aircon i was very pleased. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and I felt at home here, especially talking to the owner Ate Malhena who helped us with getting set up for scuba diving, and giving us the best information on places to go and see and how to get around. It is situated near boat station 3 which is abit quieter, but about 3 mins away from the white beach which is pretty near so if you walk along the beach, its not long till you reach the busier side of boat station 1 and 2. I felt safe while staying here and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a cheaper option to look no further.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends