“...our "home" in Boracay”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Manila, Philippines
“...our "home" in Boracay”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Its my 2nd time to stay @Jony's and I m not disappointed..i am glad that they maintained their "homey" touch- quiet and neat. The friendliness of the people @ Jony's are priceless ...if there's one reason for me to go back to Jony's, it's their warmth in dealing with their guests..

The location of Jony's is reasonably far from the noise of Station 2 but near enough for a fun stroll going to D'mall & other restos...
There were days that we just stayed @ Jony's by the beach to enjoy the sunset and my kids suuuuuppper enjoyed their milk shakes and nacho grande!!!

It's all worth it!!.. Thanks Jony's

• Stayed April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family and I stayed in one of the rooms on the first floor. At first we thought the location will be a bit far from the beach since there's still a road you need to cross. But it is practically 10 steps away from the beach. Nothing fancy in the room we stayed at. Just your regular TV with cable, mini bar, hot/cold shower, free wifi. We've stayed at fancier rooms before so our rating on the room itself is just about average. Where Jonys get their killing is on their service. Everyone on their staff might have gotten excellent customer service training as they demonstrated it pretty consistently all throughout our stay. I wouldn't be surprised if their staff undergo a monthly service training to ensure alignment.

The location is another plus factor. It's at station 1 and the room is pretty shielded from the roaring crown noise at night. But it's also near to the happening places along the shore. It's right smack in the middle of D'Mall to the left, and Discovery Shores to the right. It's a 12min walk from both.

There's a lot of other hotel choices in Boracay. All of which have their pros and cons. But for the price we've paid at Jony's, coupled with great customer service, there's really no reason for us to try out another hotel that can beat the value and experience we've had. Unless you're willing to splurge Php16k per night, then I guess you're better off with Discovery or Shangrila.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack_Devlin
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in Jonys for 3 days and 2 nights from March 31 to April 2 . From pickup to the Hotel itself service was beyond expectation. Upon arrival they serve us THE BEST STRAWBERRY Shake in BORACAY, they even had already prepared bfast for us since they called me the night before what bfast do i prefer to be served.
Our rooms was simply BEAUTIFUL since we were many we got 3 rooms at a discount . All of their rooms are spacious and very clean.
Special mention to Ms. REV she really helped me alot from my reservation
up until our checkout. Staff at Jonys never ran out of smiles and courtesy . 5 star service.
They have a great Mexican resto at the beach which serve TO SHARE food which i really love.
Looking forward to go back ! BEst location ! Best Service ! What else is there to ask for ? :)
I LOVE JONY'S

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I think it would be easy to be swayed by the fantastic island of Boracay into giving this hotel a better rating than I think it deserves.Most of the problems could easily be addressed though and I hope they do!

Problems in my room included that the air conditioner was very noisy indeed so you could either be kept awake by it ratting away or by the heat, your choice. Then in the bathroom there is a bright light outside a window that is on all night, and the bathroom door is glass so the bedroom is amazingly bright all night. I had to cover the bathroom door with material to keep it out. The kettle was broken and so I couldn't use the coffee or tea they provide, the kettle wasn't fixed or replaced after I mentioned it at the front desk. The shower is stuck on Medium heat setting so you couldn’t have more than a mildly warm shower, not ideal when you are sweaty from the heat. The water in the bath never got hot at all so I couldn't have a bath either.

One thing that can't be changed is the location next to a road on a blind curve that is mad busy with motorised tricycles and occasional vans. To give them their credit they absolutely do all they can to make sure you get across safely to the beach on the other side with someone there most of the time to help you across but it is a mad dash. I was surprised that they don't have a pool, I booked this last minute and assumed that they had one, not sure they should be allowed to be rated 4 star without a pool, isn't that the international requirement?

Problems on check out, they had on a my bill a charge from the restaurant of a few pounds value that I absolutely didn't use, I paid for the few things I had there by cash. They also thought I had used 12 bottles of water when I had used four. These things happen but I rather felt like I was trying to cheat my way out of paying them even though I was telling the truth. I was very stressed by the trip back to the airport this morning. They convinced me I would be fine for my 7.50am flight if I left in their transport at 6.00am which seemed reasonable. At 6.10am they were waiting for another resident to join the van, he was in no rush because he had a later flight and didn't know we were waiting. Then once we go to the boat off the island that seemed to part of the Hotel organisation (or at least a regularly used service they organise) it waited for more passengers before it left. I was ten minutes away from missing my check in. Whatever they tell you it is an hour from the hotel to the airport so don’t let them convince you to leave last minute so you fit in with the time other people are leaving as I believe happened to me.

Boracay – It is amazingly beautiful island, especially around Puka Beach, the highlight of my trip was a happy hour spent there. I will say that they really should sort out the insane number of vendors trying to sell sunglasses, hats and island activities. They mean there is no such thing as a peaceful walk anywhere near the famous white beach, I don’t know about it being the second best beach in the world according to Tripadvisor, it is not even the best beach on Boracay!!. Despite my grumpy sounding review I had an amazing time, shame I was alone because I am working away from home, it would be great to go back with someone special or a group of friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lee_bear
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very relaxing ambiance, accommodating staff and great food! I haven't been to any other hotel in Boracay but Jony's and I won't be looking for any other place again when I get back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends