“"very affordable"”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #71 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A very friendly resort's staff and very accomodating. A budget type rooms with a tasty breakfast to choose. We stayed here for 3 days. Staff named Gerry pick up us in the airport and also guide us in our tour. One thing to improve in the resort is thier cleanliness because in our room there's mosquitos.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank jayarellano
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Orchids Resort

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed there one week in the family villa with some friends, the place is great if you are on a budget and looking for something that fits the vibes of Boracay.

The resort is located on station three, so its much quieter than the noisy station 2. The hotel is literally three minutes away walking from the beach, which is good since it makes the resort much more quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cesar L
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Recently I stayed in one of the standard fan room for 6 nights. I found Orchids resort met my expectations and I would happily stay here again and recommend it to others. I found the staff here to be exceptionally warm and friendly and that was one of the main reasons why I found my stay to be so enjoyable. Also, it is conveniently located in station 3 about a 30second walk to white beach in a great swimming area that is not over crowded. Station 2 is very noisy and over-crowded. If you stay at Orchids, it is only a 5 minute walk to station 2 so you can enjoy all the action yet still get a good nights rest without having to wear ear plugs to bed. There are plenty of great bars in the station 3 area also but orchids manages to escape all the noise. They also serve breakfast from 6-10am which is included in the price of the rooms. They also have cheap laundry which is of high standard and wireless internet available in all the rooms (50 pesos extra cost). You can also borrow books from the reception area.
The only reason I am not giving this place a 5/5 was the fact that there were quite a few termites as it is a nipa wood structure. I would not advise you to consume food in the rooms for this reason. Even my tube of toothpaste was too big a temptation for these ants. This was not a significant problem however, if your tolerance to critters is low, you may want to consider looking else where.

Room Tip: Standard fan room is ok in Feb. Don't really need aircon in the cooler dryer months.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank zeg81
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on December. This is the typical place that once recommended by the Lonely Planet tries to maximize the profit without making any improvement to the structure.
Le location is in boat station 3, the quiet area of the island, where other budget options are also located:"Dave's straw" is just next door and, based on what I read, I think is a better option. Both are minutes from the beach.
They say that airport transfer is included: my flight was cancelled and redirected to Kalibo, but nobody waited for me there nor a the pier in Caticlan. I made a phone call and a guy picked me up at my arrival in Boracay but I had to pay the trycicle to get to the place. So what is included? Indipendent travellers usually to not need a guide to get to the place..
I was given a room on the ground floor and it was not a big deal. I agree with some review I read: the smell of mold in the room was really, really strong and I couldn't find a way to open the windows.Ok, it is a budget place, I didn't care about the old towel, but bed linen was stained and again everything in the room, also the pillows, smelled very badly.
I think that was the only place in Philippines where they charge you for using the wi-fi.
When I checked out I asked to pay with mastercard, as their website advertises, but I was told by the owner that I had to pay a 7% or 12% (I can't rember) commission so I chose to pay with cash. I give this place three stars only beacuse the staff was really friendly and, among other things helped me to rebook my flight.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank love78
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Many places in Boracay say they offer a great place to stay, but seldom do they deliver. Orchids Resorts is not that type of establishment. Recently, my wife and I stayed in one of their villas right off the beach on Station Three, and it made the trip so much more enjoyable had we stayed elsewhere.

The staff was friendly and helped up arrived at Orchids by picking us up at the airport. Everything we say on their website was here and not embellished. This is a great place to stay!

Here's a video I made of our villa: http://youtu.be/qL8m4lE3_as

Room Tip: If available, go for the villas!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple